Mieruko-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

nonono Hana life energy doesn't give energy to ghost instead it burns ghost she a living stove for ghost. big ghost use Hana life energy to roast smaller ghost. just give Hana all you can eat buffet inside that classroom she'll probably roast them all.

Dex-chan lover
The sooner she realizes she’s in a Shin Megami Tensei game the better. Start making contracts with the demons.
And the teacher is giving off 1-nen A-gumi no monster vibes here

Dex-chan lover
I was bracing for this chapter to come and I still wasn't ready for page 18. YOU LOSE.
At least now we have Miko's last name, Yotsuya. Hana is also seemingly SUPER POPULAR like a class pet rabbit.
Its a bit worrying that her lifeforce burns calories so hard though. I too want the Cat Yakuza guy to return after seeing all of those missing feline signs that were posted.

qgc8i2.png

Dex-chan lover
Hana burns smaller ghosts simply because she's really powerful but bigger ones can consume her power. If we compare her to a fire, then the ghosts are "cold" and can take in her "heat". It's like how a fireplace in a house burns more slowly than a similar amount of wood in open mountains. The ghosts create a "cold" environment around Hana and suck in her heat, causing her to burn out faster.

I wonder if Julia already realized that Zen is bad news as well. She may be unable to see the "don't look" ghost but the smaller kitties should be small enough that she'd be able to detect them at least. She may finally help out with something because she at least has the careless chuuni attitude born of ignorance, so she may end up being the one to break Miko's pacifism and explain that she needs to act to protect Hana.

I don't think Miko would call in Inari's protection so readily. We see Inari as a summon scroll with three uses, however Miko seems to think Inari's a life bar with three lives. She may be right.

Towa-sama's Lover
Group Leader
I never think that there will be a plot here.
and.....
Kyaaaaaaaaa
I smell yuri aroma

@blankaex I'm not saying you did wrong, but if you left the original text I wouldn't have missed that, since I'm familiar with Akutagawa's works, unlike Lord of flies which completely went over my head.
Though I got the atmosphere of the chapter as it was supposed to be(i guess),so you did a good job after all
I guess it's just me

Dex-chan lover
I hope hes gonna get cleansed quick or gone somewhere else, since I'm not really into this arching plot to be honest, just wanna see the creativity of the mangaka in drawing scary stuff.

Power Uploader
@blankaex You really went the extra mile, eh?

Sadly, though I have read both books, I'm pretty sure I'd have missed the reference anyway. I read Lord of the Flies more than 15 years ago, so I'd be unlikely to remember that passage, though now you said it, I know which part of the book that is.

And I read Rashoumon last semester, but in the original, so reading it in translation might well cause me to miss the connection, too.

Perhaps leaving a note in the margins would have worked. At least that's what I do when quoting.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Hana being ghost ate is starting to actually become a problem. This is beyond tropey hunger. And I'm really hoping that ghost is a warning ghost and not an obsessed ghost.

Dex-chan lover
When you're so scared, you don't mind contact another ghost to kill the worse on.

Jokes aside, I feel bad for both Miko and Hana. Miko because she can see shit and Hana because now she's starving.

Dex-chan lover
this will be the third time she'd be saved by the kitsune god if they ever help her again I wonder what will happen considering they kept showing signs of 3

@testsubject123 yeah it is. If I remember correctly, she has a ludicrous amount of vital energy so she attracts monsters which are constantly consuming it, so she needs to eat a ton to replenish it.

Users who are viewing this thread