Mieruko-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

Speculation time.

I feel the mother's ghost looking like a spider/praying mantis has a few meanings to it. I can mostly think of correlations to spiders like keeping her son tightly in her web, keeping him in her "web of lies" if you will. Another thing prominent in spiders is that the mother is usually killed by her children for food once they hatch. Maybe he killed his mother, maybe as she lay dying she blamed him the whole time making him believe he's the reason she died. As for the praying mantis all I can really think of is how they latch on to pray with there scythe nubs and stalk pray? Lemme know if there's something I don't know about mantises that works here lol

Double-page supporter
A shit shit now every chapter I'll be worried for her way more D:
Tyvm for the ch. ~

Fed-Kun's army
@Logic More or less, although it's not doing a bad thing because of him. It's like a trauma, or an echo. What's cool about this is that it sets up the expectation that the person with all the creepy negative spirits attached to him is going to be evil. But instead it turns out he's just been through some shit and it's marred him, but he's not a bad person. He's just been ground down. It's sort of demonstrating the logical fallacy behind the prosperity gospel/theology mindset in a visceral way. The flip side of that would be someone very blessed, or outgoing and positive who is nevertheless destructive or manipulative.

Dex-chan lover
oh wow, i had thought he was a horrible person killing all the cats.
mom spirit was crazy looking

Dex-chan lover
that mom spirit is some seriously spooky shit like wow
and now she's gone from this world thank god

What always surprises me is how good of a person Mieruko is. She gave up her last safeguard in order to save someone she really didn't know or owe anything to. Mad amounts of respect.

Aggregator gang
Ok, I don't hate you
I Assumed which made me an Ass

I'm a hypocrite
this soft bed is what I needed after sleeping on bedrock

Users who are viewing this thread