Miku no Hanayome: Vol. 14 - Vol. 14 Ch. 116 - Sunny, Partly Cloudy, with A Chance of Storms

Power Uploader
Sad part is, that this piece of art is fan-made, and in cannon story author wrote a choice with such white stripes that he couldn't allow Fuutaro to interact with any quints in meaningfull manner ever after choice.
Thanks for translation! Keep up the good work!

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad this exists.

They made YOTSUBA Main girl
There's an Itsuki IF After doujin series
I saw an Ichika IF series but no chapters
And now Miku gets her route!

Shame Negi sensei didn't want to explore the other routes :(

nino returned the charm by seven goodbyes so... meh its a fan story anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
You had an opportunity to treat Nino with respect and you opted to treat her worse than Negi. Thanks.
@JaxunHero
Nino is getting her own vol14 doujin https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/52200937

Group Leader
Greatly thanks for all feedback and readings :)

According to the criticisms and doubts to this chapter, WandererC, the head of the project has made an explanation from us, abstracting the editors' words:

I would like to reply to some criticism for our chapter 116 recently. The whole [Miku no Hanayome] team, including me, are devoted 120% of us in its story and illustration. We have been doing beyond our best in this project. If there is anything cannot make you satisfied, we are feeling very sorry about that. We thanks for any feedback, and please kindly understand our limits.

@Warrenchen
You don't have to apologize, rather fans should.
I know my comment won't do much, but the criticism I've seen in this chapter has been positive, his work is published on Facebook and only positive comments appear on that platform, while the negative is only from the Ninotards who complain about him treatment they receive here. And here they gave it a positive "end".

I don't see why so much hate, also if they don't like it they don't see it, it's that simple.

Fed-Kun's army
@AngelMayDark
Yes, how great for you that you see it as positive end for Nino, while the "Ninotards" who actually care about her don't. They are obviously wrong and you know what's better for her.
Spoiler alert: throwing together some ideas from the internet without any rhyme or reason to fill the gaps is not a good end.

@weynsc
Nino acting horribly OOC, for one.
It's pretty simple: make her accept it and move on.
No need to make her suffer even more than Negi did by giving her hope that she was chosen only to be rejected.
No need for slapping.
No need for raging
No need for glorifying Miku.
She was already aiming for an university, so that part was completely unnecessary. Just say she actually went there.
Fuutarou had the bracelet last time, so the whole premise that Nino gives it back to him doesn't work. And then what? He wears it for his wedding with Miku?

It's a complete waste of 18 pages. The writers should've used that on Fuutarou-Miku date instead.
Something they actually care about and want to write instead of phoning in a "Nino chapter" because they feel they need to.

@InvinCybul
´´Ninotards´´ I meant those who complain and at the same time insult, but OK.

Here you can see that Nino already surpassed him, Nino is a Tsundere character, you want the creators to simply say that he has already gone to university and ready because I doubt that it is the best, another fact is the bracelet that Fuutarou stopped having since chapter 44 and here they try to explain it.

Also the worst thing that Negi did was to make Nino after 5 years not surpass Fuutarou and here she is fine with the answer which is the best because for her, her bond of sisters is as important as that.

It’s clear and simple.
Tsundere is a tsundere. That’s how they usually learn how to accept things.
They place their pride higher. They are more emotional, but doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing, it’s their character. They just need more time.

but Negi made her totally an asshole in the OG route, Pushing Yotsuba, etc. And clearly Nino still hasn’t moved on during the wedding, hence, Negi just disrespects her own character. And making Nino butt in the honeymoon, Negi played her pride right there. Same goes with other losing quints.

While in this Miku route, I can see authors follow a similar formula on Nino’s character, which I mentioned earlier. Obviously Nino is not so aggressive compared to OG route, and she actually moved on in the end.

So being an asshole is better than being less aggressive? Move on is worse? Lower her own pride by joining the honeymoon is better?

The bracelet situation where Nino took the bracelet back is valid tbh. Negi didn’t even draw bracelet on Fuutarou’s arm after chapter 44. The bracelet can be seen again at the wedding. So it can be either Nino take the bracelet back or Fuutarou keep it. Unless there is one panel which Fuutarou uses the bracelet before the wedding and before chapter 114.

Personally, I think this is a much better way to handle Nino rather than the way Negi did. Here Nino managed to accept the fact she failed to win Fuutarou's heart but in the end supports his and Miku's newfound relationship rather than how Negi did it which involved leaving her not being able to get over Fuutarou and still waiting for that one moment to snatch him away from Yotsuba. Wouldn't it be better for Nino to move on for her failures so she can pursue new goals which are actually possible instead of trying to end a beautiful relationship that is important to her sister?

Overall I truly enjoyed what has been produced so far in this work and I'm certainly excited for more that is to come so keep up the good work.

@InvinCybul If we look at where Nino's mind is, she doesn't seem out of character this chapter to me. She's not necessarily upset over not being picked. Or, maybe a part of that because she remembered what Fuutarou said to her, but her problem extended beyond that. She was feeling left behind, like she was standing still compared to everyone. She remembered Miku's promise with her as well, and everything made her feel like she was betrayed, like she was lied to. Miku sensed this and wanted Fuutarou to go to Nino with a gift from her, as an act from both of them. Nino saw through it, but understood the gesture Miku meant by it with her note assuring Nino that she didn't forget her promise.

And Nino's manner of dealing with Fuutarou near the end seemed in character. She might not be a complete tsundere, but she still does possess a lot of tsundere traits. The moment with the bracelet was Nino's roundabout way of showing approval for the relationship. She'd already given her blessing in the past two chapters, but here she let go of the bracelet in a more meaningful way than Negi had written, having it be a symbol of a promise for Fuutarou to never hurt Miku, and as Nino's approval.

Don't you think that's good characterization that would earn a lot of respect for Nino? She's showing she's a big girl who cares more about Miku not being hurt than she does the fact that Miku won Fuutarou's heart instead. If that doesn't show she'd accepted it and moved on (and in a touching/meaningful way too), I don't know what does.

This chapter never once gave Nino or her fans the hope that she had been chosen. I don't see where such a moment was even hinted that Fuutarou was choosing Nino. Their moment at the end was made clear that Fuutarou was doing it as a token of apology to Nino, and early on Nino saw through that Miku had picked out the gift and words, and then later found out that it was Miku sending that token to her through Fuutarou.

This situation allowed Nino to move on with more peace of mind than in Negi's work.

I also don't see any overglorifying for Miku here. While this chapter is mainly about Nino, it still has other developments going on in it. You seem to misunderstand the point of Miku talking about her studies. In chapter 98 iirc, Miku told Fuutarou she was going away to culinary school, which would have her leave him for a while. In the previous Miku no Hanayome, Fuutarou was thinking about that too. This was establishing that Miku was working toward a way to still have culinary study WHILE staying with Fuutarou. Seeing Miku fired up for this was the catalyst that caused Nino to reflect on everything and have that inner turmoil, which I would naturally expect her to have.

If she just accepted everything as is and moved on like it was nothing, she would be a doormat like Yotsuba.

Speaking of Yotsuba and character progression, not only did a small portion of this show progression for Miku, but it alluded to something going on with Yotsuba for later chapters (since she would need the most work). And on that note, that also means that this is not the last chapter to have Nino in it.

Also, Nino had a point to Miku about her focusing on her studies and ignoring Yotsuba missing hers. It does show how focused Miku is, but Nino wasn't wrong to say that. There's also the chance that people will see Miku as a coward for sending that gift to Nino through Fuutarou, though Nino was still touched by the gesture and it's not like people irl don't often do things that way too, on top of how Miku wanted Fuutarou to do it as a token from him as well. But still, there's the chance people could see Miku as a coward through this, so it's hard to see anything overly glorifying for Miku here. Simply the subplot of Miku wanting to solve her studying-abroad issue was progressed a bit further (while again, at the same time that scene was used to serve as the catalyst for Nino feeling left behind).

Yes, Fuutarou had the bracelet last time, but that doesn't mean Nino can't have taken it. It's not unreasonable. I have keepsakes from past relationships that have caused me pain, but the keepsakes themselves mean a lot to me. I can 100% understand why Nino would take it back, and this chapter has flashback panels showing when she took it, so saying Fuutarou had it last means nothing since this chapter even acknowledges that.

And I see nothing wrong if he were to wear it to his wedding. It's not a trinket of sentimental value from a past relationship. It's a promise to a loving sister that he won't ever hurt the girl he's marrying. With that in mind, I'd find it very endearing for him to keep it on during the wedding. Even if it looks weird with his wedding tux - no, ESPECIALLY if it looks weird with his wedding tux, him keeping it on will show just how serious he is about keeping that promise.

This chapter wasn't done because of the feeling of a need to throw Nino fans a bone. We legit don't like how anyone was handled in the end, especially considering that the "closure" they got in the original wasn't until after 5 years later. That's a terrible way to handle things. Nino's my 2nd favorite girl here, and while I like that she spoke a lot of truth to Yotsuba in the end of the original (and not saying she still won't here), I prefer how things were handled here.

Users who are viewing this thread