Milady Just Wants to Relax - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Contributor
Damn, she just magically YEETED those thugs out of her cafe.

banned.png

Oh hey Mangadex is actually letting me read this version of the chapter. That's nice. Thanks for the upload.

Dex-chan lover
It finally occurred to me why that spirit looks so off. He's naked. Give him a suit and a monocle and he'd fit right in with the beastmen.

might just be me but i really don't like the use of the word "frolicking".... even though i've seen the raws and that's what it translates to! (複雑です)

She skipped 3.
This is my contribution to this chapter 😂

Fed-Kun's army
I thought that barrier may have been a translation thing in the other version, but I guess not. It seems like she used 2 attack spells (the knives and the wind) to force them to leave, and then presumably the barrier keeps them from returning.
It's still odd that they specifically mentioned a barrier (usually a defensive magic), but then only show her using attack spells. It makes it seem like the floating knives were somehow a "barrier".

I really despise the misuse of the word frolic for the beastment when they are literally nuzzling/scenting. Doesn’t even make sense. Thank you for the chapter.

Thanks Gor Your Hard Work!!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!!

Dex-chan lover
@HobisFlower @missy115 Nuzzling's definition is pretty specific, while frolicking kind of seems like it has the wiggle room to include nuzzling in it. If we wanted a better term than frolicking though, I probably wouldn't pick nuzzling just because it generally implies use of the nose or mouth only and here we've also got the hands and paws in the mix. Might be a better general term if we go thesaurus diving.

We could also write it off as a particular difference to a term in the setting in either event, perhaps. That sort of thing does happen, writers repurposing existing words by a bit or even by a lot because it's their own little world and they like the sound of it better than anything else they could find or come up with on their own.

@glomoro well that makes sense. I think in my part it all boils down to how unusual the term frolicking is. Its not normally used especially on the same way as shown in the manga. When i hear/read the term frolicking, other things come to mind 😂

Dex-chan lover
@missy115 Yeah, it certainly sounds like innuendo for something a bit further along than this in the physical intimacy. That could also have been the point I guess, sounding more suggestive.

Users who are viewing this thread