Milady Just Wants to Relax - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.2

@N2O,
It’s supposed to harken to the fact they are beastmen, not necessarily that they are men.the whole thing with the town is that the are terrified of the beast merc squad because of the over the top rumors.

There’s a great translation of the novel, if u looks up the title. It explains it in more detail :)

YAY someone is translating~!! 😍 Thank you for taking the time to translate and post it for others to read!

Aggregator gang
@N2O
Mmm... Well, I honestly do agree that it's rather creepy how much that sort of gag is abused in japanese media so it can be pretty uncomfortable when the suspension of disbelief breaks down.
Although as far as something that might satisfy you more, I could add that Japanese culture is externally very, very tight and restrained on emotions and showcase of their feelings, while internally being quite heavily judgemental.
The first trait is what produces these stories, which are meant to have a very "childish" tone to them in how exaggerated things are, and holding to that low standard they don't give a flying fuck about the implications of what may be put on paper, because it's just meant to be humorous material no matter what their culture might tell them. So... yeah, this stuff really is like potato chips. Never meant to be something to savor, but to munch on to pass time.
The second trait is a bit more relevant to this story, however. Japanese people can be really spiteful and petty towards foreigners/outsiders, and you might have heard of that one before because it's really no joke. It is a culture that was soaked in isolationism during it's very, very, veeery long history. In this case, you can see that kind of mentality in the villagers, applied doubly so because hey, they are literally not humans, so time for an extra dose of racism!
Well, as much as it sucks, I guess the extra depth is apppreciated. The story of trust being won and shared is one that stands out more over a dark background of spite. How much darkness in a story is too much is a more subjective question for each reader, but for this one yeah it's meant to look as uncomfortable of a situation as it does.
EDIT: Wew, went into a bit of a ramble here, and I'm not sure I even made my point properly! Well, tl;dr this kind of dark shit is usually meant to be funny because it's exaggerated. Yep, that's the whole reason. In this case it's a bit more interesting because it makes sense with the tale, but usually? Nope, that's the whole depth of the situation.

aww so sad you are dropping it, you were doing a really good job. thanks for the TL anyways, i appreciate it

Thank you for the chapters~ don't take it down, even if they ask! You have done very well!!
No reason for you to take it down.

Stay safe~

Chopped up chapters really lose my interest compared to full chapters, this trend really really needs to fucking stop.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the work-up till now, I hope you've had your own fun experiences while translating.
and well... they better have a reason for a sudden appearance. there is literally no suspense leading up to a critical or urgent moment. I want to smack the guy. after resolving getting over herself, a sudden bad guy makes worse of the atmosphere.
@Popesmear hbu stop following stories where they end up cropping the chapters for consistency so that they don't fall out of relevancy. or hbu wait till the full chapter is out? try to expand your repertoire to webtoon hb? at least they won't "disappoint you"
if you want the full story head over to the novel. if your frustrated about the cliff, well there is nothing to be done about that but you fail to mention anything about the story in your comment

Is this the last last last chapter? No going back? No one's gonna translate????? :( it'd be sad if it would be

Pixel can you stop? It's already been translated and you're just leading people on who expect a new chapter. Just stop. It's honestly obnoxious as all hell.

Group Leader
@Spooky_Spoopy0-0 Hi. Normally I wouldn't respond to this or if I did I'd at least be very nice about it, BUT- since you can't seem to read apparently and felt the strong need to leave a rude comment, I'll help you out.

Next to every chapter it says how long ago it was posted. Now where that info comes in handy is if you go and read that you would have seen that my chapters were posted first.

Sooo, can you just stop? Can you read the time stamp before you feel the need to come for someone over something? It's honestly obnoxious as hell 🙃

I'm so sad that you'll stop but I hope you reconsider and continue doing this! I really enjoy your translation and hope to see more in the future, so keep up the amazing work!! Its flawless!

Users who are viewing this thread