Minami-ke - Ch. 454 - Two-To-One

Dex-chan lover
I never was comfortable on ice skates (or any kind of skate) so I'd rather go to the planetarium as well.

SK

@subl1
9df734de32.png
on pages 1 and 2

@subl1
I just want to ask but why your translation kinda random especially in honorific? i am not talking about this chapter only.
like page 1 she says hosaka-senpai but next page just hosaka, each page translated by different person?
other chapters also fujioka-kun and fujioka-senpai removed, nee-sama mostly keep.
other chapter keep -chan.

Group Leader
@subl1
I just want to ask but why your translation kinda random especially in honorific? i am not talking about this chapter only.
like page 1 she says hosaka-senpai but next page just hosaka, each page translated by different person?
other chapters also fujioka-kun and fujioka-senpai removed, nee-sama mostly keep.
other chapter keep -chan.
I am the only translator. The reason why it's so random is that I don't really have a standard laid out for specific honorifics or more hard-to-construe phrases (e.g bakayaro) so I just translate it, in the moment, whether that's more of an exact translation or more of a localised variant or whatever. I imagine I've also used a weird amalgamation of both American and British spellings. I'd be interested in setting up a standard as to quell any confusion and to better coalesce the chapters. If I may ask, what would you prefer, more literal tls of these words, or something more localised?

Dex-chan lover
Well I can't ice skate (or skate skate for that matter) and the planetarium bores me, so I guess I'll just stay home and watch anime or something.

Thanks for the translation.

I am the only translator. The reason why it's so random is that I don't really have a standard laid out for specific honorifics or more hard-to-construe phrases (e.g bakayaro) so I just translate it, in the moment, whether that's more of an exact translation or more of a localised variant or whatever. I imagine I've also used a weird amalgamation of both American and British spellings. I'd be interested in setting up a standard as to quell any confusion and to better coalesce the chapters. If I may ask, what would you prefer, more literal tls of these words, or something more localised?
I check the raw and dont have any problem with the way you translate it as long as the meaning still there, i just confused with their relationship because yobisute is so rude and at the same time can mean be close (so different from america culture) and because i am also asia and read it from jp pov, this way of translation is so confusing. This is your project, so you can translate the way you like it, i don't mean any offense, btw ty for the reply and sorry for late reply.

Group Leader
I check the raw and dont have any problem with the way you translate it as long as the meaning still there, i just confused with their relationship because yobisute is so rude and at the same time can mean be close (so different from america culture) and because i am also asia and read it from jp pov, this way of translation is so confusing. This is your project, so you can translate the way you like it, i don't mean any offense, btw ty for the reply and sorry for late reply.
Don't worry, no offence was taken at all! It was a completely valid criticism, especially with you bringing up yobisute. I can understand how that might be confusing and I really did not mean for it to be such. From now on, I’ll try and stick to not using honorifics when they’re not necessarily needed, as to make it more readable page-to-page.

P.S Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention in the first place. I always want to try and make my translation better and more consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread