Miss Forensics - Ch. 19

Fed-Kun's army
Hello gals, anyone reading the webnovel right now? How was the translations in novelupdates are they any good?

Dex-chan lover
"Officer, please! I may be a cheater and a sexual assaulter, but I'm no killer!" 😂 this is like ch 2 all over again.

Dex-chan lover
Hello gals, anyone reading the webnovel right now? How was the translations in novelupdates are they any good?
The prose of My Dear Miss Medical Examiner is actually surprisingly poor, and it's not a fault of the translation. The story itself is like an 8 or 9, but the writing quality is like...a step above wattpad.

I say this as someone who enjoyed it. Lin Yan is a very flat character that reads like a YA heroine for the majority of the book, many scenes are contrived in their purpose and execution, and the theme of "We assume the character of the rich to be evil and the poor to be virtuous" is not done well like at all lol.

The author did their homework with the forensic stuff, the chemistry between the leads is good (even if there's a pretty much unexplained spike in intensity around the ch.20 mark), the plot isnt bad either.

Like I'll recommend it to anyone looking for sapphic webnovels, and it'll probably be in my top 15-ish too. But if at any point you feel like you're reading CSI Fanfiction, it's not your imagination, the writing quality really is like that

Users who are viewing this thread