Miss Time

Double-page supporter
So this is a het love story between a grumpy handsome novelist and a fierce career woman, with time travel and stuff, but I was all about shipping her with her hilarious (-ly manipulative?) frenemy.

I think I'm corrupted to the core.

Group Leader
Goodbye In Law is also a good one if anyone wants to read something similar (main leads hate each other, meet a a wedding, and get transported back to their high school days)

@Lymus
Hello Lymus, the decision to split chapters by the WE team, is not arbitrary and was done after much consideration from our boss, and input from our readers in our discord. The split chapters allow for more frequent releases and they are done at certain points to gage reader interaction. In addition, at WE, it is done so in a way that allows speedy translation, so we are able to work on more than one project at a time. Our uploads in parts are consistent with those being done on our website, so if were to release in full on MD, the gaps between each chapter can range from several weeks to months. However, if it is against MD rules which state we must upload chapters in full, we will comply and combine the parts into one after all the individual parts have been released. Otherwise, we would appreciate if you did not merge the chapters, as this cut off certain pages.

The One
Staff
Admin
@kanaebear arbitrarily in that sense that it's in no relation to the raws or official release, and just on the scanlator's whim.
and yes we do have a rule for that 3.2.2
Chapters that were arbitrarily split up by the scanlators may be recombined into singular whole chapters.
If you don't want us to merge them, please do so yourself.

hmmm okay i started to not liike the other girl cause she kinda dumb and she cries easily so its like manipulative u know? but i guess she has good intentions so i hope that stays true

Group Leader
@lymus <@561518305924612097> It’s not arbitrary. According to dictionary, the very definition of arbitrary is [based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system].

There’s a good reason for why it’s split. Due to the scan groups being paid, it is split on the basis of the ability able to provide a stable and steady release for each work on a schedule table.

This decision was not made out of personal on a whim feelings but based on the clear, logical reason that would allow the scan department to release works efficiently.

We’re not a volunteer group but a paid group.

There’s also a whole lot of scanlations being pushed out and released that are split in chapters. I don’t understand why you would suddenly pick on us on the basis of “arbitrary” because we felt like it—which is what dictionary would define it as, but dear mod, there’s a logical reason behind it.

Schedule and payments.

Unlike other scan groups, WordExcerpt pays the staff members, however little or much it may be. They work on an allotted schedule that would allow them to maintain a steady release, hence the split chapters.

It would have been great if you could have privately messaged us about it first before reasoning it as arbitrary and without reason and because we essentially “felt like it.”

Best Regards,
WordExcerpt

@wordexcerpt and @kanaebear
Lymus is completely in the right here. They are not asking you to delay or stop your releases. They are asking you to combine the x.y, x.z, etc. chapters into a single x chapter AFTER you have finished all the parts of that chapter. Regardless of your group's reasons for splitting chapters prior to the release of the entire chapter, after the entire chapter has been released then all parts should be merged into a single chapter for the sake of organization. This is true for any series.

I guess wordexerpt decided to not update here anymore? you can read up to ch on their site. Jiho is soooo cute! my Heart!😍

@kanaebear Thanks for working so hard! I really like this manhwa! Word excerpt is going official and I know that they are discussing novel licenses, will it affect the scanlation side?

Users who are viewing this thread