Mitsuba Monogatari - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - The Fine Wine Of Victory

Dex-chan lover
So let me get this right. Mitsuba went on a murder spree executing any and all greening believers in that village. Even directly tells that lieutenant it's his turn, then shows him hell. Yet she lets him live?

Am I stupid, or is that stepmom stupid? She could of just adopted her, and controlled her.
Adopted, maybe. Controlled? Nah.

Brother, if you keep translating it as "fresh scent", I'm going to do this series myself. It's bad enough you don't speak Japanese and/or English, but you're ignoring basic corrections like this.

I’m become more and more certain what I said last chapter is true. Mitsuba is based off of Napoleon. I’m pretty sure Sandra is Robespierre. I mean she literally says “I will sentence them all to death”. Idk who Krone is based off of… maybe one of Napoleon’s best marshals (I believe his name is Davout)?

Kingdom of Riria is most definitely the United Kingdom. I mean it’s an island to the west and look at its shape. Idk who the Plumeria Empire is though. Spain? Holy Roman Empire? Some other small neighboring country?

Dex-chan lover
She's technically correct but then she's the one who made her family the target soo.. bitch do be dumb and now shit is about to hit the fan and they got front row seats.

So let me get this right. Mitsuba went on a murder spree executing any and all greening believers in that village. Even directly tells that lieutenant it's his turn, then shows him hell. Yet she lets him live?

Adopted, maybe. Controlled? Nah.
He's the one who get decapitated in chapter 1 while testing the guillotine

I’m become more and more certain what I said last chapter is true. Mitsuba is based off of Napoleon. I’m pretty sure Sandra is Robespierre. I mean she literally says “I will sentence them all to death”. Idk who Krone is based off of… maybe one of Napoleon’s best marshals (I believe his name is Davout)?

Kingdom of Riria is most definitely the United Kingdom. I mean it’s an island to the west and look at its shape. Idk who the Plumeria Empire is though. Spain? Holy Roman Empire? Some other small neighboring country?
Krone is Napoleon, she's an artillery student that was born in an island and dreams to become the next big queen of the country, also her last name is Sainthelena like the island Napoleon was lastly exiled and died.

Mitsuba at this point I feel she in the future can be a mix of Joachim Murat and Joseph Fouché, being one of the most important followers of Krone to the point of being her closest commander only to abandon her later in the equivalent of the Russia invasion and also being a master manipulator at the senate that she can outlive the old monarchy, Sandra's revolution and Krone's reign with her intrigue and powers
she's currently an official senator now and killed some people that opposed her

I know this isn’t the point of the series, but will Mitsuba and Krohn get together? Krohn definitely swings that way, she said she wants a wife after all and she seems to think Mitsuba is cute. Of course there’s the fact that she is a cursed hell child who murders children, but I’m not sure if that would be a turn off for Krohn. Would Mitsuba be interested in her though? She is definitely interested in other people and making friends, but she’s 11 so probably not old enough for that kind of desire yet unless she’s an early bloomer. She also might not be gay, so y’know.
Well in the current arc that is chibi's adventure at the senate she's currently gone, but before that she and Krone fight together in a war and even managed to capture a fortress

They do suicide bombings. In crowded areas like a plaza or market. Saw that on her first outing with Krone and she mentioned that letting one live could be another bombing. I think they're that bad
I should clarify that I mean "as bad as Communists". I didn't mean it as a figure of speech but rather as a literal statement. I know they're atrocious compared to actual people.

Dex-chan lover
Idk what she’s talking about her era continuing.

All I see are 3 dead people walking. :smug:
Imagine that baby growing up to seek her out/desire revenge. or somehow becomes an underling/under her wing somehow

Given how 'bored' she is i can imagine her guiding like half a dozen ppl and end up pitting them against each other for entertainment lol

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ, her stepmother is going to absolutely burn in hell if they meet again. Her ambitions is so high that it will be the tinder of her downfall.

It's good that Mitsuba still views the world that everyone is equal and nobody is above the law. If she didn't. well.... The apocalypse would have started after they released her to the wild.
I like her current design but it'd be interesting if there was like, a 5 year timeskip or however it takes for her and her classmates to graduate and her stepmother didn't recognize her or so (wonder how much mitsuba can change her looks, not that she needs to/cares about stuff like that but it would be interesting, if you were to get bored, i imagine you could just change your identity and 'start over' every few decades)

Supporter
I loved that panel that said, "Heaven doesn't exist, neither does paradise but hell does exisr"... That was one of my favorite chapter so far. Thanks for the translation

Last edited:
Krone is Napoleon, she's an artillery student that was born in an island and dreams to become the next big queen of the country, also her last name is Sainthelena like the island Napoleon was lastly exiled and died.

Mitsuba at this point I feel she in the future can be a mix of Joachim Murat and Joseph Fouché, being one of the most important followers of Krone to the point of being her closest commander only to abandon her later in the equivalent of the Russia invasion and also being a master manipulator at the senate that she can outlive the old monarchy, Sandra's revolution and Krone's reign with her intrigue and powers
she's currently an official senator now and killed some people that opposed her
I just reread the manga and you are completely right. I guess I completely forgot about chapter 3 when my brain was figuring it out… I was kinda hoping we get a main character who becomes the top political leader this time (all the author’s other stories end up with the main character as usually under someone but the top military leader). At this point… I might as well write my own…

But how is she gonna accomplish her goal of engraving herself into this world? Or does that have a different meaning than what I interpreted? I guess Napoleon’s closest generals were somewhat famous?

Users who are viewing this thread