Mitsuishi-san is Being Weird This Year - Ch. 25 - Mr. Mitsuishi and the Past

Group Leader
This was an experience. I felt the connections in my brain unhook one by one. Strands connecting idea to idea fell into hungry oblivion. Voids formed. Potential lost. Recognition and comprehension collapsed. Perseverance propped the mind. Concepts spilled over and words spared meaning. Nikujaga.
i'm just glad the next chapter has nothing to do with food

Dex-chan lover
I really don't want to be mean, especially given that this chapter was pretty long and you say it's your first time, but man... As someone who's in uni to be a translator AND as someone who's just recently done an MTL chapter, this is... ouch. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad this at least exists, anything is better than series ceasing to exist, but there are ways to making even MTL much more readable. Use several different translators, cross-check them and then write your own text based on how you understand what's going on, use deepl or even GPT, not to mention the cleaning and typesetting that's both figuratively and sometimes literally all over the place.
If you want to keep doing releases, please don't let this discourage you, but unfortunately there is simply a lot to improve here.

Aggregator gang
Glad I’m not the only one who had a hard time reading this. And those amounts of the pages untranslated or with no text, so strange.

Dex-chan lover
Come on, man. Those were so funny and most of us were even scammed by Mangadex Orange. I am still looking for ways to get my $199.99 back. 😭
hol' up ain't no way you actually paid lol. I clicked on the best option and I didn't need to pay for it

Group Leader
I really don't want to be mean, especially given that this chapter was pretty long and you say it's your first time, but man... As someone who's in uni to be a translator AND as someone who's just recently done an MTL chapter, this is... ouch. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad this at least exists, anything is better than series ceasing to exist, but there are ways to making even MTL much more readable. Use several different translators, cross-check them and then write your own text based on how you understand what's going on, use deepl or even GPT, not to mention the cleaning and typesetting that's both figuratively and sometimes literally all over the place.
If you want to keep doing releases, please don't let this discourage you, but unfortunately there is simply a lot to improve here.
i actually used 4 translators and even borrowed a japanese friend of mine forabit and it was still bad, guess its just a me problem
i'm prob gonna release chapter 26 in two hours, its alot shorter and prob easier too xd

Dex-chan lover
Perfect summary of this chapter:
v1eMuLK.png

Dex-chan lover
What the hell did I just read?! If anyone understands what's happening please explain it to me
Most of it was a flashback to before Mitsuishi was being weird. She, Hajime and a couple other classmates were in Home Ec class where the assignment was to make nikujaga. Of the four only Mitsuishi knew how to cook and we see just how bad Hajime and the others are at it. Eventually one of the others decides that they were going to make curry instead, all the while Mitsuishi tries to keep it together.

She prepares the other dishes that (I assume?) go with the nikujaga only to find the ingredients she needs were already used in the curry and struggles to keep it together some more. Hajime returns with a box of carrots, finds that the other ingredients were used in the curry, since there's nothing that can be done about that he joins the quest to make curry.

Mitsuishi expresses her concern for the grade that they and, more importantly, she would receive because they made something other than what they were assigned. Hajime tries to encourage her and finally tells her not to worry. When the teacher finally comes around to check what was made he insists it's not curry but nikujaga. He then has her try the miso soup that was prepared by Mitsuishi and credits her as the one who made it in an attempt to salvage her grade.

The teacher then says that she can't ignore the fact that they didn't make what was assigned despite the dish that was made by Mitsuishi being very good. There's some slight in-fighting between a Hajime and one of the group members, Hajime then suggests that since they made the curry they should be the ones receiving the bad grade. The teacher ultimately agrees, gives the three of them F's and Misuishi an S for the assignment.

(I guess?) Hajime tries to explain his reasoning for insisting it was nikujaga to Mitsuishi. She still can't process what happened and even goes as far as comparing it to a fever dream. Meanwhile Hajime is taken away by another teacher for picking the carrots they used without permission.

We finally cut back to today where Mitsuishi is Being Weird and actually got to make nikujaga as they talk about that moment in the past.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry for the bad translation and editting (my first time) but it's just been four months so I decided to do it myself so I have something to read lol.
I thought it was supposed to be confusing since the fmc mentions it herself?

Contributor
The issue is that this series is surrealist to begin with, so combine that poor translation/writing skills, and you're left with an extremely hard to follow chapter.

Contributor
I don't think it's exclusively the translator's fault. This manga always felt like the characters were under the effect of illicit substances.

Group Leader
I don't think it's exclusively the translator's fault. This manga always felt like the characters were under the effect of illicit substances.
nah its my fault im going to remaster it later and see if i can do any better lol

Users who are viewing this thread