Mix - Ch. 133 - Look who's talking

Dex-chan lover
Adachi-sensei is taking a break, so the next chapter will be out on February 9th.

Three rounds to go. Kenjou vs. Seinan confirmed, Meisei also reached quarterfinals. If Meisei gets to play any one of them, I'd bet on Kenjou - Seinan game was fairly recently and it wouldn't be impactful to repeat it, imo. Both Kenjou and Seinan coaches have no coherent strategy in mind, they rely on their star players to deliver. But seriously, nothing stops Nishimura Jr. simply walking Akai every time he's at bat, so Kenjou probably needs some strategy aside from throwing bats at the balls and seeing if they hit ("- What's the strategy? - There's none"). Meisei's doing good, though like Touma's pointed out, the game went on like it did not due to their own strength, but due to the opponent's losing their ace.

Otomi is on the verge of finally getting it. I do wonder what Adachi is cooking here... 🤔 Sou reporting to dad was an unexpected but touching scene, it showed his connection to him and that everyone in the family is silently grieving in their own way, Sou included. Touma's basically running non-stop when there's no game, which is more restlessness than anything else. He can't escape thinking about either his dad or his hand, and there isn't much else to do besides waiting. A tough mental spot he'll have to stay in for a while.

On a side note, feeling proud about getting the pun of '親バカ監督' (foolishly devoted dad and coach) and 'バカ親監督' (foolish dad and coach) across. It was certainly a tricky one, but thankfully worked out well in the end! :win: I was afraid I'd have to write a comment and leave it as is.

jlc

Dex-chan lover
Lol at Akai the Elder hiding his phone in his hat. Everyone in this series is so pure, gotta love that Adachi magic. I also really enjoy how realistic the games are. Sometimes everything just goes wrong regardless of skill or practice. (Of course, the more important games get all the screen time, but even then Adachi likes to throw some curve balls.) I won't lie... I forgot Papa Tachibana was dead. Holy did that reminder feel like a punch to the chest. If Otomi talks to Sou about her suspicions, would he lie to her? I don't think he would. I think he'd try to minimize the damage or convince her to keep quiet so Tou still feels like he's doing something useful at least (in protecting her from guilt). I'm totally waiting for the fallout, though! Also, someone get Tou pom-poms or one of the little cone things to shout in haha

Thank you for the update! 💜

Dex-chan lover
Sou has probably had to put a brave face as he is basically the man of the house now, especially with his brother having just lost a father while he’s experienced it once before. It’s still nice to have some confirmation that he was affected by Eisuke’s death.

Users who are viewing this thread