Miyu-chan wa Zutto Tomodachi - Ch. 6 - Backdraft

Dex-chan lover
I think this Miyu-chan isn't really good, but she's not that bad either. How should I said it...it's like she's walking in the grey area.

What she said to Murai's mom isn't very kind, but that's also a wake up call for them not to lament on the past way too long and cause suffering for everyone around them.

Dex-chan lover
Humphry Bogart was once quoted by his wife as saying "The dead are dead, and life is for the living, and you've got to move on. If you don't, it dishonors them, because it means they didn't leave you with very much."

As much as I think mourning is vital to one's health, at the same time you have to move along at some point. We have responsibilities that are far more important than wallowing in self pity.

Dex-chan lover
So the dead miyu befriended the new miyu who at that point where they met was probably living in a pretty bad situation, they became great friends, then dead miyu was killed and the new miyu decided to masquerade as the dead miyu to find her killer...I guess?

Dex-chan lover
So she is the ‘real’ Miyu, but just a different one cause they have the exact same name. Did she take the dead Miyu’s identity to find out who the killer was?
It would be pretty funny if in the end it is revealed that she is the real Miyu but acts as the fake one to covers her track when investigating the murderer. It would be funnier if she revealed it after getting stabbed and dies afterward.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, from what I see:
  • First two pages are memory from where OldMiyu meets NewMiyu. OldMiyu is the cheerful one. NewMiyu is the sullen one looking up at a burned out apartment. Probably her parents are dead, so she can now live on her own.
  • They do legally have exactly the same name. And happened to go to the same class.
  • OldMiyu was killed and NewMiyu took her place. (No need to fake her ID, since she really is "Miyu".)
  • NewMiyu tries to assume OldMiyu's bright personality. But that's just a mask; underneath, she's exactly who she was before.
  • Possibly NewMiyu killed her own parents in the apartment fire. If so, maybe there was an "abuse" excuse.
  • Possiby NewMiyu killed OldMiyu in order to take her place. If so... Yeah, she's a villain. If not, might be "darkness doing tough love good" trope.
  • Alteratively, something like: NewMiyu had people after her, so she had OldMiyu (naively) take her place, and so OldMiyu got killed in place of NewMiyu. If so, then it's greyer than straight murder.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder did the new Miyu kill the old on purpose or did she take it over to be a ghost and get revenge. Our MC is probably going to be recruited to say that "Miyu" did it all so that the real girl is never punished

Dex-chan lover
A few guesses;

His parents had something to do with the original Miyu's death, that phone call in chapter 1 was sus(she called it 'accident', whoever would have been briefed on it back then would probably have said suicide)

The NHA lady probably only wanted to light some trash, but 'Miyu' did/planted something that made the fire spread

Users who are viewing this thread