Mizu wa Umi ni Mukatte Nagareru - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Gyoza Night ~Tense Night Fever 3~

Group Leader
not too happy with these translations tbh. lemme know if you want to TLC

Dex-chan lover
I just hope that when/if she does find love, it's not beside the kid. Never been too comfortable with that trope when one of the characters is a kid.

I don't know about anyone else, but I really love the woman in this. In too many manga I've read, characters are all about forgiving too quickly, not expressing their feelings, and sometimes internalizing others actions as a fault on their own.

She actually expresses how she feels. She's making others see that their actions actually affect people, and apologies don't make the pain go away. While it's also a drawback too, I see her as a very independent, strong-minded woman.

@cyand I was in the thread yesterday. Unfortunately, I was asleep by the time you posted you revision requests, but for Nigemichi's dialouge, I'm pretty sure he's trying to say something like "So she couldn't bring herself to tell me." And the other bubble is basically him saying that he could raise a flag as a result. Those are my two cents using your translations as a basis, at least. Nice work again. How many chapters do we have this volume? And are you gonna wait till volume 3 to continue translating?

The professor is worried about Sakaki still acting like her teenage self, but her mother seems the immature one. She leaves her child with no warning, doesn't take care of her after leaving, and stays away after she gets dumped by her "love". It might get explained later, but right now it looks like she chucked her responsibilities as a parent.
Also I hate the "You'll understand when you're older" excuse. Yes some things can only be learned through experience and not by explanation, but parents shouldn't brush off their faults as adult wisdom to their kids.

@brownrabbit Totally with you on this. I hate when adults who do selfish actions then say, "you'll understand later" like it absolves them of their conduct. They want their kids to believe there is some complex explanation to what they did, but it's not. It's just selfishness. Plain and simple

I just want a manga where they own up to it. No "because when you get older, you'll understand." Just a flat out, "I was wrong, and I'm sorry."

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit. How can this still be funny while also being dark.

Dex-chan lover
God I love Sasaki, she looks meek but can throw down without a second thought.
@brownrabbit I don't think you got it, professor isn't saying that Sasaki was wrong in insulting her mother, but her still renouncing love solely because of her mother means that she's still living in the past and behaving like a teenager and not moving on, he wants her to forget about her mother and live normally. But she behaves the same as a Nap who is a teenager.
@cyand Also wanted to say that I was in that thread, can't help you with japanese and my mobile IP is banned from posting there anyways. Do keep making such threads in the future if you continue, I do lurk around them all the time.

@cupcakeparty Totally agree. It's frustrating cause I can sympathize with parents who want their kids to look up to them and not think less of them for doing something wrong. But it just sets a bad example for their young, impressionable minds to imitate. It's ok to admit to mistakes and trying to be better, it's part of being human. Becoming a parent shouldn't change that.
@Darklight99 I don't disagree with your explanation of the professor's good intentions. My mentioning of it was just a means to talk about her mother. When I wrote it earlier I thought it was a good segway, but now I see it's a bit of a stretch.

Group Leader
@SkiGGy that makes more sense than what I got but what throws me off is how it relates to the professor knowing Sakaki for a long time and knowing about the double affair.

This volume goes up to chapter 17 and I'm going to wait for volume 3 unless someone else picks it up beforehand (which I don't care if they do).

Group Leader
Damn is Sakaki's mom unbelievable... letting her meet the person she eloped with, just what was she expecting? How selfish can one get?
Aside from that, uncle is best girl

@cyand Perhaps he's saying that Sasaki couldn't tell him despite the professor already knowing and getting his hopes up?

@cyand Page 2 "Did I get it right?" > "Is this a part of reasons why she left him?"
It's a reaction to her father in the previous panel

Dex-chan lover
now that was a goddamn based response, hot damn
"don't you dare whitewash it, you whore"
half joking tho, i mean, the mom couldn't even come back to the family again because a woman cheating is considered worse in our society, compared to men, and the dad came back like nothing happened
but i guess that just speaks to character more than anything else

on a lighter note tho, natto and tomato gyoza sounds kinda gross but also kinda good, i wanna try it, impossible to find natto around here

Users who are viewing this thread