Mizu wa Umi ni Mukatte Nagareru - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Villain Duty

Thank you very much for the chapter and new volume! The mother is as pathetic as I thought. For her to actually have the gall to call Chisa"not normal", is disgusting. And for the mother to criticize Chisa for being angry, was outrageous. And for Naotatsu to worry about this homewrecker's worries, was very disappointing. The mother should absolutely not be let off the hook for the two families she ruined, just because she has a new life. I'm not saying Chisa and Naotatsu should confront her current husband with what she did, this being for his and his daughters happiness, but still she at least needs to be told everything about how horribly she hurt her family. The mother is quite frankly a coward and Naotatsu's father is a rat who crawled back to his wife and child.

As disgusted as I am with Chisa's mother, her fathers pathetically weak response for having his wife abandon him and his daughter is what annoys me the most. When he said that it would have been better if the mother took Chisa with her, I thought he was absolutely insane. Why would you want the person who abandoned you and your daughter, to have custody of your child? The man genuinely seemed like he was castrated by the news of his wife having an affair. Obviously he is the victim, but it's also apparent he is not much of a man anymore. I hope there is a better resolution to this than what this chapter showed.

Dex-chan lover
Moo-chan, you don't need to go to the sea. If you want a fish her it is 🐟

Double-page supporter
@teppogaijin about Chisa's dad.. that's how Japanese men are though, especially the Showa generation dads. They have every little involvement, if any, with a child's upbringing. They are not accustomed to showing love and affection to their children. So when a woman leaves her family, it's almost always expected that they will take their kids along, regardless of whether they think she's a capable woman or not. The men, hurt and shocked and angry, will not pursuit either out of pride or cowardice. Japanese men are BAD.. really bad... when it comes to interpersonal relations.
So Chisa's dad, knowing that he has no idea what to do with a child, felt that Chisa was given a much worse fate than him because she's left with an incapable man.

Chisa herself questioned it "is this why she left?" when her dad said nothing about her obviously weird cooking.

Chisa's mom is a selfish manipulative toxic bitch. Saying 'I don't deserve this happiness and please be angry' but when people do face her for her responsibility, she lashes out by calling them 'not normal' and even has the gall to ask them 'why are you angry?'.

Meeting her mom, and knowing first hand that her mom is a useless human being, might be the catalyst for Chisa to move on with her own life. I really do hope she does, because that bitch is not worth any of her feelings, not even anger.

Naotatsu did the right call to just leave, but he was wrong when he said "let's not let her feel more guilt" because Chisa's mom is obviously NOT feeling guilt. She's playing the "woe is me, a heroine in distress", but none of it is genuine. A person who feels real guilt, will never blame or call another person 'not normal'.

Users who are viewing this thread