Mizu wa Umi ni Mukatte Nagareru - Vol. 3 Ch. 24 - Flows to the Sea

Supporter
Thanks for translating this work for us!

I can't agree with those who praise this ending. I do like the manga and the way the characters acted felt mostly natural and realistic. But I just didn't see a mutual love connection between Sakaki and Nao. That Nao as a 15 year old boy feels an atrraction to a beautiful 26 year old woman he lives together with is natural and expected, but what the hell did Sakaki see in this >10 years younger teenager? And most chapters showed no such attraction from Sakakis side at all. Nao overcoming his lust filled fixation on Sakaki and building a sibling-like relationship, where they trust each other and build a sorta-family together, would have been the best end in my view.

Edit: After thinking some more I think I can point to what bothers me the most about this ship: That it is again wish-fullfillment for the Shounen audience, where the 15 year old is the more mature one in the relationship, instead of the 26 year old adult.

@ckckckck mental illness. The manga kinda makes it light how deep her trauma really is, seems like she went through the motions of living. She probably also sees him as a kindred victim in a shared crime so that definitely boosts some points.

I was at first disappointed because it took them a year to get together but writing the above statement, taking a year seems almost too soon to sort out your feelings

Users who are viewing this thread