Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter and I hope you enjoy your Christmas/holidays.

Also, she's not a Loli? Kinda disappointed because the cute/detailed balance will be messed up. Not to mention, that means she's a lot weaker than the angel...

Dex-chan lover
I love me evil woman :finnawoke:

But it's a different story if she won't listen to a simple request or become too selfish, time for a CORRECTION 😭😭😭

Dex-chan lover
HOW DARE YOU DID THAT TO SIL YOU BIG-TITTED DEMON
giphy.webp

Dex-chan lover
My head says you can't trust her, but every other part of me is telling me to bow down to big tiddy demon waifu.

I've just discovered something about myself and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

Dex-chan lover
If he had played Cuphead than he would know not to make deals with the devil

Dex-chan lover
Thanks so much for the translation.
Fastest I've ever seen in any series.

I also find how Author draw adult version of servants really attractive.
Their loli version, not so much. Not even cute.
Theyre drawn more like chibi than loli if anything.

Dex-chan lover
Death penalty. That is the only possible means to absolution available to her for daring to raise her disgusting, bestial limbs against Sylphy.

I also thought about that and re-read the raws before uploading. He clearly says 消してくれ!(PUT IT OUT!) This is clearly an order. I can only guess she's just playing with him, and the MC doesn't have a way to force his will on her, or she still didn't acknowledge him as her master, and that's why she's still not in her loli form? I didn't read the following chapters, so I don't know.

First, thanks for all these chapters. Your dedication to a good manga is uncommon these days.

That said, 「消してくれ」 does mean what you said it does, but with a slightly different nuance added by the 「くれ」, which is the imperative form of 「くれる」--an auxiliary verb meaning, among other things, "to do for one" (i.e., the speaker). In other words, Kaito was still asking the demon to put the flames out for him. A proper order would have been worded as 「消せ」--using the imperative form. To tell someone to do something for you, or to simply order them to do it without any softening extra talk; that filthy demon would surely only respect the latter--if she would take orders at all. (Note to @MelReinH: this is probably why the translation isn't actually off the mark. Kaito is effetely soft: the demon--contracted to him in subordination as a servant--was burning his beloved Sylphy, but he was still effectively pleading with said demon to stop. Naturally, the demon would keep it up for as long as there are no consequences to fear. If he keeps being a pansy, that'd be the beginning of a curse in the form of a subordination reversal--he would end up the slave of his contracted demon.)

Sylphy still needs to send her (back) to perdition.

Can’t really blame him, he’s weak as shit and the whole point of going to a dungeon is because he wants to change

I can, because--so far, Kaito is very much like the vast majority of male MCs in this regard. The store owner told him exactly what he needs to do to change--i.e., in order to become stronger: he needs to build his body's physical strength. Naturally, since he's going into combat situations--and BP correction acts on his base physical strength, which is the base of any direct physical combat action he could take. But like so many other authors, this one has his MC balk at the idea--trying everything (from bug spray to surströmming to crossbows, all involving indirect combat, and all eventually involving hiding behind Sylphy) except naturally masculine physical development. To be fair, Kaito trains to a certain degree--unlike those MCs, he engages in direct combat with his tungsten rod--but he doesn't take the advice seriously (even in the firestorm, regrets bring up the memory of the shopkeeper's advice--not because he didn't train enough, as his thoughts didn't imply such, but because he didn't train as if he meant to take that advice in the first place). In summary, Kaito claims to want to change, but (so far) doesn't want to do what's necessary to bring about that change.

I wonder if it's because the Japanese have fixated on Hard Gay's character too much, such that they think becoming muscular and physically strong is negative or even indicative of homosexuality. Doubly ironic if so, as Hard Gay isn't--he's married to a gravure model--and, if these manga MCs and hearsay are any indication, Japanese males have become rather effete lately.

Last edited:
Group Leader
@Giga
Nice catch. I didn't thought about this nuance at the time. I hope when he said that "it doesn't matter of it's an order or not" helped readers to grasp that he's still showing hesitation/insecurity.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
@Giga
Nice catch. I didn't thought about this nuance at the time. I hope when he said that "it doesn't matter of it's an order or not" helped readers to grasp that he's still showing hesitation/insecurity.

Insecurity surely applies, as he's definitely either in a state of panic or approaching one. Either way, he--like many effete male MCs tend to end up--is in over his head in a situation that's causing him to emote wildly and like a female, such that he can't see what he needs to do to get the situation under control: he doesn't care if it's an order (which the demon, presumably, must obey) or not, he just wants the bad thing to stop happening--and this he cries out while on all fours and head bowed.

He even implicitly voices his lack of faith in his ability to control her (i.e., if she's in a mood, he has to do what she says...for some reason). So, of course and like I said, the demon will just keep it up--especially since she sees she can get rid of the competition she sees in Sylphy...whom she might also see as a barrier to dominating Kaito (which wouldn't be hard otherwise).

I'm hoping, at least, that the author isn't a pansy submissive who likes being dominated by women--and that Sylphy no-sells it, gets up, and gives that ugly demon a knuckle sandwich that'd remind her of home.

Then again, Sylphy told that wyvern in Eldgar that her true form is "every one of them", after a panel showing a pair of deer; maybe she's not just a valkyrie, but a demigoddess of life. (That'd be ironic, as valkyries are psychopomps--those who guide the dead to the afterlife.) If so, Sylphy would at least be especially affected by that demon's life-consuming flames.

There are other things to consider, however: Sylphy's at least a demigoddess, and that demon is just a "viscount-class" demon. Viscounts aren't exactly the highest in aristocracy (unless the author simply used that to make her sound important), and her true form was human-sized; Sylphy's true form seems to compare with mountains.

The next chapters are going to be pretty interesting, I'll wager.

Double-page supporter
Some of the panels of this chapter actually slaps. Artist is pretty good ngl.

Users who are viewing this thread