Mobile Suit Gundam - École du Ciel

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure where in Montreal other than Mount Royal Park you'd find a forest large enough for mechas to trample through; maybe at the western tip of Montreal island, somewhere around Senneville and western Pierrefonds up to about Cap-Saint-Jacques. The school could be somewhere north of the city proper, like in the Laurentian foothills north of Mirabel Airport (which still exists for cargo flights). I know that it's set a couple of centuries in the future (although people still drive Porsche 911's from around the year 2000) which gives nature plenty of time to reclaim some of the suburban areas.

ADDENDUM: Come to think of it, if the training ground is a few kilometres away from the school proper, Senneville would be a pretty good candidate as there is a large campus to the south, Macdonald Campus in Sainte Anne de Bellevue, which has both John Abbott College and the western campus of McGill University which is largely focused on agriculture and natural sciences. Its got acres of farmland on which they could build École du Ciel in the future. I'm still leaning more towards the school being in the Laurentian foothills due to the pine trees and hills but Senneville is at least plausible considering I don't think even the future Montreal mayor would want to close Mount Royal Park to make it a mecha training ground.

I remember reading this one when it got fan scanlated. It was good.Not i have more knowledge of gundam lore and it's an official translation so it should be much more enjoyable

Contributor
How the hell do you have a manga series based on the Gundam mega-franchise written and drawn by the legendary Mikimoto Haruhiko that goes for TWELVE volumes and then somehow gets CANCELLED?

Cant wait for more, I've bought the first and second volumes because I loved this series so much.

I have the full 12 volumes of this in my bedroom, and I'm extremely happy that I can finally read the official English translation (as a language, Italian rarely work when it comes to Gundam).

Still, by now it was obvious but it still stings to read this has been axed. I don't understand why, all that was left was the final arc or perhaps two arcs at most to finish the story.

Dex-chan lover
Still, by now it was obvious but it still stings to read this has been axed. I don't understand why, all that was left was the final arc or perhaps two arcs at most to finish the story.
Could've been anything from poor sales/poll numbers in the magazine to the author dying or just quitting at manga, I suppose. A quick glance tells me the author has worked on other things after this so it probably wasn't all the way at that end of the spectrum, so my gut says it should be some reason more related to the numbers game.

Raws of volumes 9 to 12 if any scanlation group is interested in translating this manga https://www.4shared.com/folder/-kfHFR2h/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_cole_du_Cie.html

How the hell do you have a manga series based on the Gundam mega-franchise written and drawn by the legendary Mikimoto Haruhiko that goes for TWELVE volumes and then somehow gets CANCELLED?
The manga dipped in popularity and became one of the lower rated series in Gundam Ace. Mikimoto was offered a chance to do a Origin style remake of the original Macross for the newly launching Macross Ace, and chose to do that, unofficially canceling Ecole du Ciel. In 2017 he said he was in talks with the editors at Gundam Ace to continue the series, but we've heard nothing since. He painted the cover of the November 2023 issue of Gundam Ace, so he seems to at least still be on good terms with the magazine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread