Modern MoGal - Ch. 127.5 - Extras - Dragon Judge Levia Images + Figure Information

That's a damn expensive figurine for one so boring and simple. More importantly, is she that popular in its home country to warrant one of her? Would of figured (ha) some of the others were more popular. Low quantity also doesn't mean it should be priced super high, especially if the quality or sheer size (again, ha) isn't there.

Double-page supporter
I'd prefer a gold paperweight if I'm gonna spend that much on one

Dex-chan lover
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
There are proverbs in my country " there are no expensive item, it just that you are too poor to have it"

So please you figure plebs, shut up if you can't afford it.

Also for those who called this one ugly... Get a grip will ya? No one ask your opinions

Dex-chan lover
$260 is pretty standard for figures. This sculpt is actually pretty decent considering there are worse that are more expensive, and some really good ones that are unbelievably cheap.

For those wondering why these are expensive, remember that you’re paying for someone’s materials, time, and talent for sculpting and painting these figures. Much more so if they’re sponsored by a publishing company.

It’s the same logic why some modern art pieces are so expensive even though they’re sometimes just paint blotches on a canvas.

@moel sounds like a place, that favours self-validation through consumer goods. Mindset like that makes it relatively easy to extract money from populace.

Dex-chan lover
Never expected this series to get such a top quality figurine. Or, heck, a figurine at all.

Dex-chan lover
sorry dude, dragon maid is way better. next figure you can get made, go that route. Or levia's dad, that would also probably sell really well.

You're getting more than the figure -- you're getting a book and two prints -- and one of the reasons why it's so expensive its the shipping, otherwise, it would probably be around $180 which is comparable to some kotobukiya figures.

Users who are viewing this thread