Modern MoGal if - Oni's Love Rule

kinda enjoying the series. I guess splitting it away from those who don´t like the pairing is a good thing

Dex-chan lover
@anoman

Yes. Take my business card.
tumblr_m0fnv8eqfR1r21hhxo1_1280.png

Dex-chan lover
Joined the patreon for this/main. Shepherd0821, I know when a lot of heart is poured into a work, it makes the story and characters touch us somewhere deep inside, and that is the case here, and on the main. Bliss, your art is so cute and heartwarming it's such a bliss on the soul watching the characters interact on their journey. Thank you. Don't let the haters bring you down.

Just had to get the above off my chest. Also, about the the latest chapter, ch.8, it wasn't on patreon or webtoon, or at least I couldn't find it? I assume new chapters for this are first posted on Bliss' twitter?

Double-page supporter
Okay. I am amazed at how carefully this story is crafted. Yes the teacher - student element kinda hits it with a fetish/forbidden love feel and the age gap just increases that feel much more.
But this doesn't have even a lick of ecchi and this is a fairytale story not a run-of-the-mill romance/drama, it's slice of life.
A rare story you could maybe hear from a friend of a friend's cousin or something, a pure relationship born in a time where it becomes more and more improbable.

there are literally thousands of age gap romances in anime why the hell are people coming after this one
or why did they??

Dex-chan lover
cervidae, the reason why this was so poorly received was because the author created characters that were NOT LIKEABLE.

You have an immature girl who gets jealous at a drop of a hat and uses magic to physically harms her "lover" and a teacher is effectively a massive doormat, doesn't even attempt to at least keep things as student-teacher, and complies to her every whim. He is enabling the absolute worst in both of them.

This kind of relationship is tricky enough as it is to write. When it works, I always root for the characters.

This "author" tried to address the issue, thinking it was a "cultural thing".

No, this is a "your writing is terrible and you should feel bad" thing.

I wouldn't accept this behavior out of older characters, so why the absolute hell would I even think it was cute, let alone tolerate it, out of a pint sized little oni-brat?

Jesus F**king Christ

Dex-chan lover
@cervidae got famous on tumbler or some social site.

then we have countless loli or shota x female character which barely anybody seem to complain. it's "wholesome" when women does it I guess.

@greatninja3 that's so annoying
seeing Loli x dude content in which the dude isn't some utterly generic harem protag/old man is so RARE wtf

i hope the mangaka didn't stop creating this because of harassment from (most certainly western) fans....ugh

Dex-chan lover
Thank God this trash is over.

The only good idea this author has had was ending it when they did

I see cervidae misses the point like an absolute champ. Keep it up

Yeah, can't understand why you all are complaining about the writting as if it was the reason behind the cancellation. Let's be honest, was this your common romance manga with ALL the same tropes and it would've been kept going, the real issue people had was the loli thing.

Dex-chan lover
Dextarr13,

Stop being a blithering idiot. It WAS about the writing.

If executed correctly, this would have been an endearing story, loli subject or not. I genuinely like romance stories, especially ones between a teacher and their student.

But this was poorly written mess and the characters were awful. To be quite honest, the "loli" subject was the least offensive thing about it.

Stop strawmanning this. Remove the pants from your head. You are smarter then this.

Dex-chan lover
Is this manga really that offensive? Or am I just not getting the bigger picture here? I mean it's a generic romcom nothing more nothing less just because it has a loli in it doesn't make it offensive.

@eviljackspicer I get your point, this is not the best plot, and loli was enervating, would have liked it to backfire on her and see some character developement, but no, we won't have thar EVER, because, again, and answering to @MRain also, it was the loli:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/770840/1

Users who are viewing this thread