Music Tournament 4: Rules, Format, and Discussion.

Group Leader
This is not submission thread.
We’ll just be going over the rules here. Tournament won’t start until I’m ready.

OK everyone! Let’s talk about the rules of the 4th music tournament!
68.gif

If you remember, the 3rd tournament had quite a rocky start since I wasn’t clear on how things would proceed. That was my lack of maturity and I apologize once again. So let’s make sure we’re all on the same page here. This time, we won’t be having only elimination matches.

Rules:
  • There will be 64 songs in this tournament. Everyone is allowed to submit up to 4 songs. So theoretically, we’d have 16 participants. This might change if we don’t have enough people participating.
  • If you submit songs, and don’t bother to vote on the first day, all your submissions will be removed and replaced.
How the tournament will proceed:
  • 64 submissions will be split into 16 different groups, each with 4 submissions. These 4 submissions will then be matched against each other.
For example: Group A: Song 1,2,3,4, submitted by member A,B,C,D, respectively.
We’d have: Submission 1 VS 2, 1 VS 3, 1 VS 4, 2 VS 3, 2 VS 4, 3 VS 4. That’s 6 matches per group.
  • The 2 submissions with the highest score will advance forward.
  • Winning a match will grant 3 points, a draw will be 1 point.
  • If two submissions tie on score, the one with more votes in total will advance. Example: 2 and 3 both have 4 points. But after three matches, 2 has 20 votes in total, while 3 has 15. 2 advances. If they have the same number of votes: consider the difference of their number of winning and losing votes after 3 matches. If even that can't work, we’ll think of a way later.
  • This is done to give the submissions more fighting chances. The previous tournaments had people saying that some songs are of different genres and therefore hard for them to compare. Or both songs are great but they ended up against each other too early. Now, your submissions still have a chance to advance even if they lose the first round. It’s totally possible for a song to lose the first round, then go on to win the tournament.
  • The top 2 submissions from each group will then be matched against each other. For example: A1 VS B2, C1 VS D2. This is when the elimination round will start.
  • The plan is to do 6 matches every 2 days for the group stage. This means the tournament will last more than a month. Anyone mind this?
Theme: Any song or track from movies or drama. Not animated movies. Movies with real actors.
Since we have a new format for this tournament, I want to have a different theme as well. This time, we won’t do game or anime music. You can submit any song from any movie and drama from any language. Who knows? Maybe there’s a hidden gem of a song that can surpass language barrier that everyone will love. Live action adaptation of an anime or manga is fine, as long as the song in question has not been used in the anime. And of course, no unofficial covers or remixes by fans.

Not sure if I forgot anything else... Anyone has any suggestion or objection, please speak now.
046.gif

Group Leader
So, we're still missing a lot of people. Many of the old players are either MIA, busy touching grass, or maybe lost interest. Let's see if we can attract any new members.
46.gif

I see Xnot's post brought up some passion
I already told the others before that, though.
096.gif

Let's have some snacks and chitchat while we wait.

6290497e9062a.jpg

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__assets_c__2013__12__20131206-dried-seafood-fish-snack-thumb-610x406-370441-14b6cec89e25480eab463922cfe51336.jpg

peach-tea-24.jpg

What genre do you guys like to watch? Anyone often watch drama?

Group Leader
So, we're still missing a lot of people. Many of the old players are either MIA, busy touching grass, or maybe lost interest. Let's see if we can attract any new members.
46.gif

I already told the others before that, though.
096.gif

Let's have some snacks and chitchat while we wait.

6290497e9062a.jpg

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__assets_c__2013__12__20131206-dried-seafood-fish-snack-thumb-610x406-370441-14b6cec89e25480eab463922cfe51336.jpg

peach-tea-24.jpg

What genre do you guys like to watch? Anyone often watch drama?
i only watch k drama. good music, i cant wait for the entrance.

Group Leader
i only watch k drama. good music, i cant wait for the entrance.
I used to watch all sorts of drama with my parents when I was a kid. Chinese and Korean mostly, some Taiwanese once in a while. Some of the opening and ending songs were so great that I still remember them to this day. Took me some effort to find them but I still go back and listen to them sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
I used to watch all sorts of drama with my parents when I was a kid. Chinese and Korean mostly, some Taiwanese once in a while. Some of the opening and ending songs were so great that I still remember them to this day. Took me some effort to find them but I still go back and listen to them sometimes.

Would you look at that,
Something I watched long ago,
I recall nothing.

Group Leader
this site (or forum) is still too quite for this tbh
Yeah, I know the forum has been quiet lately, so I hope I can make things a little livelier. Worse since we're missing the usual bigtiddyoniisan, lulz and duck. But even in the previous tournaments, we never had more than 15-16 usual people, anyway.
Upanhso.tk-1.gif

Well, we still have plenty of time. Are you in? The sooner we have enough people, the sooner we can begin. There are enough active members, it's just that they aren't interested.

I'm so tempted to rewatch the dramas that I love the songs for
I've been rewatching some of the old dramas in their native dub. Seriously a better experience. I don't watch all the episodes, since I still remember the main story, but whatever episodes that are interesting to me.

Group Leader
I rarely watch drama anymore, let along J-drama which are usually not as good as Chinese or Korean. But there are some that I like to go back and watch once in a while. They aren't masterpiece or anything, but there's just something funny about them that I find myself going back to watch sometimes.
054.gif

This is one of those:

A_Chef_of_Nobunaga_-_Nobunaga_no_Chef-p1.jpg

Pretty decent food drama mixed with historical and time traveling elements. I'm not sure why the director decided to alter Ken's character a bit, but at least he's not awful.
059.gif

How Ken looks like in the manga:

1.jpg

Nobunaga's actor is great and good-looking, no complain there. The plot deviates from the manga after the first few episodes. A shame it ended after 2 seasons. The dishes shown are decent looking, although could probably be better. Anyway, worth checking out if you like the manga.
40.gif

Contributor
I will just watch the tournament.

Don't have the time to log in every 2 days for a month...:nyoron:

I hope there will be a lot of kdramas'songs.:pepehmm:

Users who are viewing this thread