Gendai Shakai De Otome Game No Akuyaku Reijou Wo Suru No Wa Chotto Taihen - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Keika Group's 50th Anniversary Party

Thanks for the chapter!

Since we are all interested in the best translation possible however, I'd like to point out some mistakes.
On page 11 there's a typo in the middle lower text box. It should be "stirs", not "stir,s".
Also it would've been nice if you translated the text above Runa's head on page 12. Even if it was in the t\n at the end.
And I think Runa's wondering whether her Nii-sama is betrothed already and not whether she herself is, on page 18. At least I think that's how it was in the novels.
Lastly, on page 22 it should be "an interesting girl" not "a interesting girl".
Quality control got Boeing'd because of lack of time

Thanks for the chapter!

Since we are all interested in the best translation possible however, I'd like to point out some mistakes.
On page 11 there's a typo in the middle lower text box. It should be "stirs", not "stir,s".
Also it would've been nice if you translated the text above Runa's head on page 12. Even if it was in the t\n at the end.
And I think Runa's wondering whether her Nii-san is betrothed already and not whether she herself is, on page 18. At least I think that's how it was in the novels.
Lastly, on page 22 it should be "an interesting girl" not "a interesting girl".
We, in SSS, take quality seriously. Therefore, we initiated an internal review. We're working to improve upon page 11 and 22. However, we stand by with the teams decisions regarding page 12 and 18, and SSS placed those under indefinite deferred review.

Thank you for understanding.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks as always SSS. A couple of questions for folks who know more about Japanese social history than me:

1: All the material about the family system is true to life, right? It's not alt-hist stuff like the outcome of WWII, etc.?

2: So assuming it is, I'm wondering, the family system was described as the head of household having a sort of corporate authority in a sense? In that case, I'm curious as to how it compares to analogous positions in history. For instance, IIRC during the Roman Republic, the father as head of household had theoretically absolute power over his wife and kids, technically being able to kill them if he desired (https://www.britannica.com/topic/patria-potestas). Was the head of household's power in Japan as absolute at any time?

Dex-chan lover
For instance, IIRC during the Roman Republic, the father as head of household had theoretically absolute power over his wife and kids, technically being able to kill them if he desired (https://www.britannica.com/topic/patria-potestas). Was the head of household's power in Japan as absolute at any time?
Doesn’t seem to be so.
Cited from the Wikipedia article mentioned.
法律は、依然として、戸主といふものを認めてゐるが、唯だ、其一家の代表者として認めてるほどの事で、決して、生殺与奪といふが如き、強力の権力を認めてゐない。
Head of the family is acknowledged as the representative of the family. But it doesn’t mean they have any right to give capital punishment.
It also mentioned, the head of the family is under obligation to protect and feed the family, and even though the family assets are legally under his name, it is morally to be used for the benefit of the family.

Dex-chan lover
The Otome Game is a high school situation...

Runa-chan surely doesn't look the right age yet lol
You ever seen how many lolis are in manga/anime high schools? She could very much be in college for all we know/s

Dex-chan lover
Damn finally after saving chapter from beginning i try to read this manga now. And damn as expected my brain is exhausted, its interesting but at the same time overwork my tiny brain 😭(coz English is my third language 😭😭)

Another chapter! Yay for a good day!

So we finally arrived at "Why my Hair is Blonde"

We also started out with Runa's big social debut/reveal (which wasn't overly emphasized) at the "Family Meeting".

Hmn. Overall, there is a lot more expounding on details than what was initially given. That is a good thing for the manga for sure. It allows for me a more "fleshed out" character profile than what is expected in the LN (which relies on the reader to pull in small details all around and making the profile in their head than being outright told) and easier reading.

There isn't... much to really say about it? It certainly outlines as to what the family dynamics is (to a very obvious degree tbh) and what kind of position that Runa (both Isekai and Otome version) sits at in that point in time. Well... to be fair, Otome version would have just been... another mouth to feed sentiments from the family.

For a certain someone waiting for it, there will a Thirst section later >.>;

We also got to see a glimpse of one of the three "capture targets"! Teia Eiichi-kun! I can't wait for the canned soda scene. Should be interesting on how Mangaka-kun will portray this.

Thirst Section? Thirst Section.

So this all really started with Volume 4 of the Light Novel. Oh, it recently released so if you hadn't yet, make sure to buy the LN too! its very good! #NotAnAd.
It all started there... on page 52 where I saw Nakamoro-niisan for the first time.
I "KYAAAAAAAA~~!!!!!!!!"d so hard. Now, I'm more of a waifu girl than a husbando girl (I still appreciate them but I know where my tastes lie in terms of waifus vs husbandos) but SOMETHING just HIT RIGHT THERE ON THAT IMAGE.
One leg over the other, dress pants, impeccable suit and tie, a natural looking styled hair... and that expression of calm but intelligent gaze and that face that is just screaming to my inner depths that hits on that "MALE IDOL" kind of vibes just.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I THRISTED SO HARD. IT WAS WEIRD. IT WAS OUT OF CHARACTER FOR ME. LIKE WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS DUMB FEMALE BRAIN OF MINE THAT ALREADY KNOWS WHAT IT LIKES BUT IS NOW REACTING SO STRONGLY TO A HUSBANDO?!
Where did I change? Or better yet, when? Holy crap....
Oh! Before anyone says anything... It's not like my ovaries exploded and I gone into "MARRY ME NOW!!!" mode. Naw, I hadn't gone down that kind of deep degeneracy (yet? dunno.). It is also a fact that Nakamoro-niisan is an engaged man (yes, he has a fiancee... lucky bitch... but she's also a nice woman too QAQ) in the light novels. In the Otome world, I believe he actually married said fiancée already? Regardless, I am a girl of impeccable logic and control over things. I certainly ain't the kind that will want to go in-between a loving (or in this case, committed is the right word?) couple.
... You sure can bet tho that I'll fight for next in line fiercely if it ever does fall apart tho... Just to see if it can work... yeah.. just... uhhh... to see if it can work... Damn. Calm down girl... calm down...

So! I've already semi-discussed it with another person but there is subtle differences on how KEI-sensei and DATA-sensei made Nakamoro-niisan appear. KEI-sensei's version already... well... read the above. DATA-sensei's version follows the concept that KEI-sensei did close enough that I can tell that he is, indeed, Nakamoro-niisan.
To quote myself in discord:
"Data did a really good job adapting KEI's design for Nakamoro-niisan
Data's design tho is just a tad bit softer
and takes off that absolute bishounen vibe that I got hit with seeing KEI's initial design
to just a notch down
still good! don't get me wrong
but something about that page 52 illustration insert
just smacks dab into that bishounen sharpness
Data still has that handsome look, but more of a neighborhood hottie and not "male idol" look
I don't know if it makes sense
but that's my absolutely.... non-objective 3:25AM addled brain talk"
It never really did change even if I thought about it some more. DATA-sensei's Nakamoro-niisan is still good and gets a thumbs up for sure! But KEI-sensei's Nakamoro-niisan just HITS THAT DAMN SPOT... I will miss KEI-sensei even more now... QAQ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I swear, I will be boiling mad internally if the next artist changes Nakamoro-niisan's style. Not enough to drop the series but I will just wish really hard that a miracle happens and KEI-sensei comes back QAQ.

ONEGAI!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~~!!! NAKAMORO-NIISAN! DON'T CHANGE!!!!!!!!!

... cough

So yeah... That's my thoughts on it. Now I need to chug some water. I'm thirsty.

Ok, moving away from that...

Some weird things I noticed. Page 18. 3rd Thought rectangle. ""Who can blame me for being such a shut-in in my last life because of so?" I don't know what to change the first bolded part, but the 2nd bolded part has a cut off in thought.

Ah.... I feel for Runa-chan when she met Nakamoro-niisan in that party. I feel for you. Humu...

Other thoughts:

... Water color huh....

What the heck happen with Boeing? Just a company that got WAY WAY too complacent with themselves? like geeeeeez.

China is up to China things again. They be acting like its obscured but they're more transparent than a sheet of glass.

... Nakamoro-niisan....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SSS+GN FOR THE NEW CHAPTER! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!

-goes off to the mall... and most likely read Vol.4 more too-
🧃 Here you go, keep hydrated. Again, I loved your analysis, and you wouldn't wait that long for the cola arc!

Damn finally after saving chapter from beginning i try to read this manga now. And damn as expected my brain is exhausted, its interesting but at the same time overwork my tiny brain 😭(coz English is my third language 😭😭)
Sometimes there's just too much information being crammed, and we try to condense it, but by the nature of the manga, we can't cut that much.

Dex-chan lover
If the duke tries to transfer the butler, the butler can just resign. And then Runa can hire him with her own money. She could even give him a raise while she's at it.

Users who are viewing this thread