Mofumofu to Isekai Slow Life o Mezashimasu! - Vol. 4 Ch. 13 - The Taste of Memories

I see a lot of hate for the food trope. I kinda compare it to comfort food, like that one thing you get a craving for often enough that if it were to no longer exist you would tire yourself looking for it.

I think this would be especially true if you were forced to eat sub par quality food from the middle ages. Especially considering how most of our food has been altered to be much more than just nutritious but also having enhanced taste due to progress in science.

Point being, live and let live. I get the impulse to complain but honestly you can't say that you don't understand even a little.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, I would definitely kill to have some Korean or Japanese food in an isekai if it were me. I have tried medieval era food, and god, it is always either too salty, too bland, or just outright disgusting.

As much as I get why people don't like how it's always Japanese food, I mean, let's be honest, Japanese tastes are way different from European tastes. If you were to suddenly be unable to eat food that you've eaten your entire life, you would chase after anything that even closely resembles it.

Fed-Kun's army
@guardian1102 actually though, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese soy sauce all have very distinct flavors, Japanese soy sauce tends to be sweeter, Korean soy sauce tends to be saltier, and Chinese soy sauce is just Chinese soy sauce

that noble brat is doomed. now just waiting to see how spectacularly it blows up in his face

as for the food trope. imagine a world where pizza or mac'n cheese never existed..(for those with US/western taste) or any other food you have eaten your whole life. as @Nutz and others said before. would you not seek it out or create is yourself becuse crave it.

from own xp went away from home for years for school- i craved stuff ate at home that i could not make myself. so i get this trope

I feel like some people don't realize how often asians eat rice and use soy sauce. Its a trope because it is honestly exactly what would happen. Its part of their daily lives to have rice. Think of it like a craving where they begin to crave rice and other japanese foods. It is nostalgic for them, in fact you see this commonly irl where people miss their hometown's food.

Supporter
MC: *sees soy sauce*
TYgyGrl.gif

Dex-chan lover
@LongNameIncoming as an asian, i could tooootally see myself getting rice high on rice and soy sauce if i haven't touched it in a while lol

(jokes aside i prefer rice with maggi sauce. it's more savoury and less overwhelmingly salty. most indonesians prefer sweet soy sauce since that's more common here)

Fed-Kun's army
I dont really use soy sauce that much but I'm probably gonna die without rice after a week lmao

I'm glad the story is FINALLY kicking in. The emerald characters are cool but they soaked up a little too much focus.

Fed-Kun's army
Japanese food troupe is probably one of the first "generic" tropes we've seen so far from this manga. It really only matters for 10 pages or so and likely won't appear again. I hope the stakes don't get too high with that aristocrat brat since I really do prefer just seeing the MC chill all the time, it would be annoying if he had to go full battle manga and fuck shit up for a few chapters just to get the other guy to fuck off. I would love to see him leave the capital and just vibe till he runs into the next group of characters. Have to wait and see

great drawing, lots of pages, and chill story! what a great find hehe

i hope the noble kid doesnt get too annoying..

thank you for the chapters!!!!!0

If I had 100 bucks, for every chapter that mentions in Japanese manga or novels how magnificent rice or soy sauce is , I'd be a millionaire.

Dex-chan lover
its less about rice and soy sauce being amazing and more that they want it because its what they're used to and part of their culture. i dont really get it but then my country doesn't really have a strong nationwide cuisine..

Dex-chan lover
So was the stuff in ch11 a mistranslation? On page 47 at the inn they get "meat and vegetables cooked in thick soy sauce...", was it not soy sauce then?

"As a Japanese I must have rice/soy sauce/other pointless shit"
Waiting for him to wish for a bath.

How unoriginal.

I am really asking myself if there is any food that I would crave that much, I can understand wanting to eat food you are used too, but hey I am normally eating bread in the morning, pasta or potatoes (with meat/vegetables) as lunch, sometimes rice and in the evening, it can be about everything - I have sometimes a craving for fresh salad - that would probably be what I miss, if I had to live only from cooked food ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread