Mokuyoubi wa Kimi to Nakitai

Dex-chan lover
kind of a wishy washy ending. Nothing is really solidly concluded.

@fhq
You should read Idol Pretender. The pairing you wanted to win here, wins there in a similarly forced way.

To anyone that doesn't want Idol Pretender spoiled, don't read my spoiler and fhq's spoiler comment. To be fair, having the ending to Idol Pretender spoiled is one of the nicest things anyone can do for you before you read it. The ending is garbage, in spite of the story being enjoyable up to a point and having some great nonsensical but fitting with the story moments before that.
The romance takes a very unfortunate and ill-fitting 180 near the end and the one pairing that made the least amount of sense became the official ending to satisfy absolutely no one.

As for Mokuyoubi wa Kimi to Nakitai, the author of this manga uses some badly forced circumstances to create the story. However, I found the ending to be mildly satisfying because the one pairing I didn't want to happen, didn't happen. Overall, as far as manga tends to go, this one wasn't bad. That said, I can only name maybe a handful of manga out of the hundreds I've read that don't commit cringey writing sins and this one definitely committed a few. So, it's not actually good writing, it's just good compared to the utter garbage that most manga are. I've been questioning why I still read manga for quite a while now. Mostly, I think it's just because they come up with more interesting premises than most western writers are willing to even attempt. So many authors just want to retread a "safe" premise these days. I wish so many authors would take an actual writing class and not just read a manga for idiots wiki and try to wing it.

Anyhow, I don't know that I'd recommend this manga to anyone but I can say I've read a lot worse. Regardless, thanks to the translators for this.

saotome went from riajuu to a beautiful girl. I shipped reika before but saotome ended up not bad.

People really be shitting with all their worth on mangas and gonna pretend Western cartoons have solid plot lol. It is time for you to stop wearing rose-coloured glasses when reading "great" western cartoons.

I want to see they write and draw their own cartoon(since I'm pretty sure they're Westerner). I want to read how shi- I mean great their cartoon are. 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread