Monkey Peak

Group Leader
@dsid2814 I don't know, really... XD If you can drag me out of bed when I'm lazy and doze off, then maybe.
039.gif

But once a week is the best I can do. Unless someone or a group with good reputation wants to take over/lend a hand.
22.gif

Mmm, delicious meal! Itadakimasu!

Fun fact: for Christmas, my father-in-law got everyone little vials of dried bugs as a joke stocking stuffer - I ate some as a joke and man, they tasted exactly like leaves, with a gross aftertaste. Not recommended.

Also @Mr_Detective if you ever want a hand typesetting or cleaning raws, be it for this or another work, let me know! I have a decent amount of photoshop experience and would like to try my hand at Manga work.

Its hard to believe that there's still almost 69 chapters left, but at the same time it is a little slow, so only slightly hard to believe. Still good story though

Description:
A group of employees from the Fujitani Pharmaceutical Company are on a hiking trip. After the company suffered a crisis, the CEO hopes to improve teamwork and morale among new and old employees with this trip. Not everyone is as excited as he is. Unfortunately for them, they soon find themselves having to deal with problems that they weren't prepared for.

What's going to happen to these employees? Will they fall in love with hiking? Will they be able to work together, get along well, and bring the company back to its feet? Read and find out in this heartwarming story of adventure, friendship, and teamwork!

what am looking at a My little pony plot?

Got further behind than I thought! Will we get a Valentine's Day chapter? No manga is more romantic than this...! Bugs for dinner, and dirt water to drink!

I think that this was an enjoyable read. Lots of betrayal and mystery and most of the main points get tied up at the end. That said, I do think there are some problems, mostly within the last 20 chapters or so. I won't spoil anything but I will say that there are things that just don't make sense at the end. Things are revealed that explain parts of the main plot, but many of these raise new questions that go unanswered.This ranges from illogical reasons for people doing things, to poorly explored/explained characters and phenomenon.

Overall, it's a good story with lots of drama and mystery that I would recommend reading, especially if you like the art style or general themes. I just think that the ending brings the whole thing down more than it could, which is a bit of a shame in my opinion.

Just when I saw that fatty's face, I knew that he's gonna be a pain in the ass.

Goddamn dude, you're 27 and still whine and cry like a 9 yo. The type of guy who would get bullied at school and work.

I'm not a bully but I'll definitely be one just to him because of how useless he is.

I was a fatass too and went hiking during those days but I had the common sense to preserve water just in case. Just wet the mouth and a gulp was enough to keep me going for an hour. Complaining/talking would just dry my mouth faster.
And what the hell? Why are his workmates so hellbent into framing him into being a bad guy?

Last edited:
It is October now, and as like any usual October, I wanted to scratch that itch of indulging in a gory horror manga. So I decided to give this a shot and read through all 120 chapters.

This series does cetainly have its ups and downs. And while it didn't really scratch that "need for horror" itch I am currently having, the mystery (even though predictable) was still able to keep me reading to the end. There were moments I liked, and then other moments that I didn't like.

The beginning felt pretty weak to me which made me consider dropping the story early on, and that probably mostly stems from the characters whining and complaining and making poor decisions without making much of an actual contribution. Granted I understand they were faced with a desperate panic-type scenario while running low on resources, allowing them to make poor decisions, but sometimes I just couldn't wrap my head around with their thought process. But hey, that might just be me not actually understanding how a human mind works when faced with desperation. That said, a lot of those made me feel disconnected from a lot of the characters in the story, whether the author wanted us to make us feel for them or wanted us to hate them outright.

At least the story does seem to get more interesting as it went on, although some parts did feel a bit dragged out. And with that, with some of the lesser characters out of the way, some of the main characters' decision makings did get better even with them making some pretty good ideas (although with some poor ones sprinkled in a few times). Honestly, despite Yagi's weird intentions and backgrounds, I did enjoy his contributions to the group.

Lastly, I did enjoy the concept of incorporating a Japanese urban legend as a horror story coming to life for the characters. A simple idea, but it works wonders. I especially liked how towards the end, it becomes clear that the "monkeys" in the story symbolize the concept of evil nature inside a human. Although I would prefer if that metaphor was more hidden and consistent throughout the story instead of making it outright obvious towards the end. And speaking of metaphors, I like that saying of "to climb is to live" or something like that. Cliche, I know, but it fits with the mountain climbing theme of this story.

6-7/10; A decent horror mystery story that made good use of incorporating urban legend into a horror story, but sometimes brought down by uninteresting characters making poor decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread