Monogatari no Kuromaku ni Tensei Shite - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Hope mother and father are ok as father left with knights and mother went to someone. If they are dead by some roundabout way oh well I guess we can justify MCs evil arc

Dex-chan lover
appreciated the spoiler. I was kinda halfsy at first, but at this point I'd rather just write my own novel instead of also reading manga lol
My guess is this story was written just for fun at the start, it shows, then it drags because the author didn’t have a plan or know how to write characters or break from WN chapters to plan out natural developments.

Maybe a joke but seriously write yesss. Do your art. Just work with your strengths and weaknesses to not fall apart like this story. I’m not a good example either.

Consider launching from the NaNoWriMo / November writathon thing. You’d have the next two weeks to brainstorm, then a month of word quotas to get a first draft or batch of webnovel chapters to fix up and slowly release.

Dex-chan lover
What a shock, the original character, who played a big role in the game, can't just sit back home avoiding the whole story. It would be about the time for the MC to finally start to ponder why Len became what he was. But then again, I guess it's too late for that already.

Supporter
Does the manga have a weird upload schedule or is it just the scanlation group ?
from what I see, they will update in MD slower than their site 1 chapter (probably to make curious reader go to their site for traffic while you can wait in MD if you're hurry)
If they update in MD then it means next chapter is there on their site.

the chapter in their site and MD is different btw, ch.9 in MD = Ch.10 on their site so the lastest chapter on thier site is ch.11 now.

Dex-chan lover
Man the monthly release killing me and because it is monthly it is very possible this manga won't go pass first arc of the novel just like all other advertisement manga.
Shame tho, the art and choreography is 9/10

Double-page supporter
I’ll warn everyone now, this needs the harem tag.

If you got this far, at the end of this arc is where the story falls off. It might be a bit slow but there are no new issues, and there’s a big action scene then it gets obvious this is a power fantasy dragging itself in circles.

The start feels wasted. To be absolutely spoiler, this story is a creatively bankrupt power fantasy harem, at best a bargain-bin polyamory, where the saintess never gets deeper or meaningfully more valuable than she is now despite her efforts, the ‘dark saintess’ second future wife is introduced by outright repeating this current rescue when sick arc, and the conflicts in general don’t feel worth the buildup. There isn’t any payoff for the school or conspiracy stuff for a long while, and I lost patience no matter what gimmick is pulled later.

The chapter update reminded me to drop this.
Maaan it become like that? Shame, i was quite invested to the story for quite a while now, thanks for the spoiler.

Dex-chan lover
So is the chain eligible for pickpocket?
I think the question here is "do internal organs count as "items" for pickpocket?" And he should have found that out around the time he got this skill since the first time he tried it, he got a single "feather" from a bird.

Dex-chan lover
Had to force him out of his village somehow, huh? I hate this kind of development honestly.

Fed-Kun's army
Just when I was hoping for more romance, this random ass cloaked wannabe Pokemon trainer just has to step in and commit arson, can't you take a hint bro, couldn't you arrive later?!

Like "never in a million years" type of later!!!

I’ll warn everyone now, this needs the harem tag.

If you got this far, at the end of this arc is where the story falls off. It might be a bit slow but there are no new issues, and there’s a big action scene then it gets obvious this is a power fantasy dragging itself in circles.

The start feels wasted. To be absolutely spoiler, this story is a creatively bankrupt power fantasy harem, at best a bargain-bin polyamory, where the saintess never gets deeper or meaningfully more valuable than she is now despite her efforts, the ‘dark saintess’ second future wife is introduced by outright repeating this current rescue when sick arc, and the conflicts in general don’t feel worth the buildup. There isn’t any payoff for the school or conspiracy stuff for a long while, and I lost patience no matter what gimmick is pulled later.

The chapter update reminded me to drop this.
Mannnn it was so promising at the start fuck the author

Dex-chan lover
Reading this chapter for the second time, to refresh my memory, I realised that if the incense is strong enough to put a bloody dragon to sleep, it should definitely put those mana eaters to sleep as well. I guess the kidnapper themselves was wearing a gas mask under that hood. What a plot hole, since those mana eater things seemed to be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread