Monogatari no Kuromaku ni Tensei Shite - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
This story is monthly, but it is ahead of chap 9 in raws, so yes it is the scanlation group.
Well, that + the fact this group is past chapter 11 on their site already. For one reason or another, they choose to post ~3 months behind on Mangadex. I always find that odd, but that’s the nice thing with MD: it’s entirely the group’s choice to do so. I’ll take slow releases if it means the community between MD and groups stays peaceful.

Dex-chan lover
On the scanlator site, they put it as chapter 11 but it was chapter 10 in the raw. Strange...

Dex-chan lover
I’ll warn everyone now, this needs the harem tag.
is this whete the story fell off?
If you got this far, at the end of this arc is where the story falls off. It might be a bit slow but there are no new issues, and there’s a big action scene then it gets obvious this is a power fantasy dragging itself in circles.

The start feels wasted. To be absolutely spoiler, this story is a creatively bankrupt power fantasy harem, at best a bargain-bin polyamory, where the saintess never gets deeper or meaningfully more valuable than she is now despite her efforts, the ‘dark saintess’ second future wife is introduced by outright repeating this current rescue when sick arc, and the conflicts in general don’t feel worth the buildup. There isn’t any payoff for the school or conspiracy stuff for a long while, and I lost patience no matter what gimmick is pulled later.

The chapter update reminded me to drop this.

Dex-chan lover

If you got this far, at the end of this arc is where the story falls off. It might be a bit slow but there are no new issues, and there’s a big action scene then it gets obvious this is a power fantasy dragging itself in circles.

The start feels wasted. To be absolutely spoiler, this story is a creatively bankrupt power fantasy harem, at best a bargain-bin polyamory, where the saintess never gets deeper or meaningfully more valuable than she is now despite her efforts, the ‘dark saintess’ second future wife is introduced by outright repeating this current rescue when sick arc, and the conflicts in general don’t feel worth the buildup. There isn’t any payoff for the school or conspiracy stuff for a long while, and I lost patience no matter what gimmick is pulled later.

appreciated the spoiler. I was kinda halfsy at first, but at this point I'd rather just write my own novel instead of also reading manga lol

Dex-chan lover

I do have to agree, even though it's one of the better novels out there but the story progress after vol 1 slowed down a lot.

Seem like they focus more on world building than anything. Especially in vol 4, it seem like the author got stuck so they have to stretch out the story with a tournament arc and somehow not having Ren join it, along with Licia knowing about his skill, more progress on their relationship and more world building.

Like, yeah having him and Licia fighting the Demon boss is cool, but the worse part is that the tournament is a bait, it got mentioned every now and then but the author didn't really touch on it, no pov on how the tournament went, we just know the result from them mentioning it at the end, they actually wasted the build up on the tournament at the start, just to have Ren on the backline doing things behind the scene right after.

Look like the author is cooking something in vol 5 since I feel like it's starting to pick up the pace again with the new characters + the hero faction's party, though it will definitely take a while cuz well, more lore and more WORLD BUILDING baby. :dogkek:

Supporter

I hope they changed it in the manga… sometimes it happens, that manga does things differently.

Users who are viewing this thread