Monster Partner of The Vast Sea of Trees - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - The Glutton

Dex-chan lover
MC you had a perfect chance to escape, just ride away with your new fish friend, there was absolutely no reason for you to stick with your fish people slavers, stop being such a pathetic slave and act like a human

Group Leader
@NoTofu he is talking about the hearts on page 17, I had missed the table of content page so had to upload that page quick. So it used to be on page 16.

@Doomer
Not just that, they also surfaced in clear sight and range of the weapons instead of just taking a few seconds to get out of range and try to talk them down first. Both the heroes are pathetic retards in this case

Still not completely sure how to feel about this one.

It's clearly an Isekai that's trying it's hand at social commentary, kinda like that trash "Human Ranch" but unlike that mess this one is at least trying to tell a more logical story rather than just swapping animals with humans and ranches with prisons and calling it a day. Like the people of this world still act like actual people and behave how you'd expect a society like this to function ... for the most part.

The main issue so far is the "native people" seem a little TOO trigger happy when it comes to demon beasts. Like I know we've pushed several animals to extinction but the absolute determination for complete genocide is a bit much. Again it's clear this series is trying to do some social commentary and just like every other manga that does the same it doesn't exactly handle subtly well. But it's at least TRYING to be subtle which is better than nothing.

Dex-chan lover
Forgive me, I did not see that 'tragedy' tag.

So basically our mc is useless, will restore monster's sanity and have them tore apart by gunfire.

Epic.

I've read too many op isekai sht I'm not built for this.

Aggregator gang
So MC's friends were brutally killed. MC imprisoned and now his savior was gunned down...
Seems like this suck up MC will forget everything and will become their friend. Can't you feel anger or hate? Still too soon to determine that but I feel urge to rate this manga as low as possible.

@Metazoxan
The main difference between humans and animals and these demon/demi whatever and their animals is humans are clearly the apex while here it seems like while they are dominant they don't have a good hold on it, if they even do at all.

Geez what an unnecessary shock value. He could've ran away with that fish. Why even stay with bunch of assholes. What's the author trying to tell?

Dex-chan lover
author you fuck up so so sooo bad this is a chance for MC to run away with the big fish hell MC can talk to big O fish and learn this world language and go somewhere safe and start a new life with OP monster on his side

but nope let's kill the poor fish in front MC ......again well let go back to jail and hope MC doesn't die but hey i am sure next chapter MC going to have a new monster friend that gives him a chance to escape to freedom and then the good monster die in few pages become MC is useless as fuck

Users who are viewing this thread