Monster - Vol. 13 Ch. 109 - Determination

Dex-chan lover
Or y'know he cares about lives? Since the only thing he can think of now is that "all lives are equal"? Like it's literally becomes the basis for his existence. But no, just call him a simp ig - that's really what's going on

Tenma is getting annoying honestly. I don't like characters too stubborn about their principles

Double-page supporter
@g0dgrave what manga were you reading? Tenma never has been a chad from page one till now.

And, even if we can point to his "philosophy" of all lives being equal as the root of his behavior, I think it's pretty evident that that principle is insufficient on its own. It is necessary to apply it wisely.

For instance, if all lives are equal, and he is taking an action (confessing) that puts his life at risk (likely death, but at least life imprisonment) in order to save another, he is trading 1:1. Lives being equal there is no argument based on that principle alone that justifies trading his life for another.

Furthermore, he should also be trying to factor in repercussions for his actions (obviously cannot be done perfectly, but still). If he confesses and Johan stays free, how many more people will suffer just so he saves Eva?

@ceildric Come on man I was messing around you didn't have to lose your shit over a joke chill I know he's a chad and I love Tenma it was just a joke jeez don't kill me

me: don’t do it don’t do it for that stupid drunk annoying obsessive cunt pls don’t do it—
tenma: i did it

Group Leader
Or y’know, he already has a plan with the prison breaker guy. And they still have to go to court anyway and all those procedures, he will live for more than 5 days. He is doing this to save a life. That’s a life, not a doll, and altho I do have an internal desire for her to die, it is precisely how he is at this situation, behind bars but there are those who are willing to help him. The woman at worse kinda messed with his life but she is out of the picture pretty much most of the time anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread