Moon Flower Country's Strange Doctor - Vol. 3 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
It lives!

And yeah good, while giddy with excitement mention it's your first time in the middle of the operation with a terrified assistant. That's not a sign of being unhinged at all.

ahh thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

People who have never seen open abdomen can't understand the joy ❤️

Dex-chan lover
lmao i love this title but seeing the syringes was v ✨ anachronistic ✨

Lmao that other girl will undoubtedly have a crush on the doctor's assistant. Lmao

Thanks you so much for translating! I've missed this story these past few months.

After this chapter I am certain that Koyou is a reincarnator and we are seeing her story from an outside perspective. This is completely modern medicine, and Koyou has clearly learnt from textbooks everything to do. Especially when it comes to the fact she was a student, and has done NO experimentation on her own to figure this out. She also has a modern understanding of sanitation, with cauterization and alcohol sterilization that a society without even surgery couldn't possibly know about.

Also very interesting to see the advisor start to see her dangerous personality. He doesn't know how to express it, but Koyou clearly can't emphasize with her patients and is only acting friendly superficially. We've already been getting warning signs, I'm looking forward to the day she does something completely beyond the pale and the Crown Prince finally realizes that flaw.

It falls under my suspension of disbelief, but doctors in those times absolutely wouldn't have syringes. Hypodermic needles weren't even capable of being made until the mid 1800s, metallurgy just wasn't there. Apparently in the 1600s they experimented with using feather quills as the needle and animal bladders as the syringe, but they didn't understand where to inject and sometimes killed the animals or humans they experimented on (it was also extremely unsanitary, of course). Surgery without a 19th century understanding of gangrene is also far more deadly, many of the soldiers in the Ameerican Civil War with treatable wounds were killed by clumsy surgery.

@thegiantpossum iirc, she learnt that from her father. It was mentioned in earlier chapter that her father is a doctor as well and she has been growing up watching her father. It has been a while since I read this so I’m not really sure much.

Okay, i went to check chap 1 and 2. In chap 1, when the crown prince was asking the seller about a miracle doctor, they potrayed his appearance as a man. When he met Koyou, Shin seems to try to say something but Koyou just directly said she is the miracle doctor they were looking for
In chap 2, after Koyou finished the surgery, she said something about watching her father doing similar surgery. From here we can see that the miracle doctor is actually her father.

Double-page supporter
Koyou is kinda scary tbh, I have a feeling she will screw up later during an operation because of her personality

@amc9988 ikr, if i'm not wrong her grandpa(?) also said she will learn from her experience or something so it already being jinxed xD

Dex-chan lover
Well, aren't those tools way to updated to its era? Good chapter nonetheless, though my poor pressure lowered.

Honestly, the update HAS been a while but if I remember it right, MCs medical knowledge is a combination (like the comments have already mentioned) of observing her father (she IS someone with photographic memory, just lacks the exp) AND the medical knowledge/books of one of her grandfathers (most like the paternal one). As for WHY its modern, its anyone's guess, most likely a reincarnator/transmigated case of an ancestor? Or at least to be specific her gramps? But still, to summarize THAT much medical material, I wonder what kind of doctor would specialize there (dumb question probably but still... really curious on everyone's thoughts)
To begin with, MC has treated:
*arm injury
*pneumonia
*now appendicitis

Edit: Anyone willing to spoil the raws? I remember chapter 10 was already spoiled long ago based on the early comments of earlier chapters

Users who are viewing this thread