Moscow 2160 - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
How'd he get all the way to the other side of the street in the middle of the fight?

Dex-chan lover
Some of these errors may be coming from raws, but:

Page 2:
"title of a Russian folklore" is probably missing "tale" at then end of the sentence. At least i don't think that word "folklore" can be used to refer to a specific tale.
People's Commissariat is a ministry, so, if Danila is referring to a person at the head of it, it should be People's Commissar. Probably the same in previous chapter.

Page 21:
Heh, "paste" is rather unusual choice of word for pelmeni, simply "mincemeat" (or "stuffing" if it's not of meat variety) would've been just fine.

Page 23:
Nope, chasti is not related to six in any way. I'm not very versed in military terminology and ranks, but chast' (which literally translates as "part") is a military unit of sorts, and lieutenant chasti sounds like an official military rank. Also, missed the wrong comma in previous chapter, should be "second lieutenant chasti, Rusalka", not "second lieutenant, Chasti Rusalka". (And in case someone doesn't know and hasn't googled it up yet, "rusalka" is basically a "mermaid".)

Page 25:
Unless it's supposed to be an attempt at portmanteau with "car", there's a typo in "crab". Also, maybe it should also be quoted (since it's most likely supposed to be a nickname; "Falkatus" is a name of the vehicle).

Dex-chan lover
I really like the masks, that girl has a monsoon-like mask from MGR

Dex-chan lover
Oh, and "Тьфу" is an onomatopoeia for spitting, used in Russia the same as clicking a tongue.

Also, writings in Russian:
Page 4:
Graffiti "НЕТ ПЫН...": "НЕТ ПЫНЕ" ("NO TO PYNYA", Pynya being Putin's nickname), perhaps, lol?
Sign "бюро Экономическое народных комиссаров Финансов": (ugh, inconsistent capitalization is killing me) sentence is not correct. Literal translation is "economic bureau of people's commissars of finances", but probably supposed to mean something like "People's Commissariat of Economy and Finance" ("bureau" feels redundant in context).

Page 20:
Sign "ГОСТИНИЦА ЛЮЧИЯ": "Lucia Hotel"

yea and it took 3 month for another chapter
Says on MU that Scylla Scans released this chapter 2 months ago (and actually released chapter 4 two days ago). I guess they just don't upload here for some time.
UPD: also, raws are up to chapter 5.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
sexooooo
iPCIXUu.png

Dex-chan lover
Some of these errors may be coming from raws, but:

Page 2:
"title of a Russian folklore" is probably missing "tale" at then end of the sentence. At least i don't think that word "folklore" can be used to refer to a specific tale.
People's Commissariat is a ministry, so, if Danila is referring to a person at the head of it, it should be People's Commissar. Probably the same in previous chapter.

Page 21:
Heh, "paste" is rather unusual choice of word for pelmeni, simply "mincemeat" (or "stuffing" if it's not of meat variety) would've been just fine.

Page 23:
Nope, chasti is not related to six in any way. I'm not very versed in military terminology and ranks, but chast' (which literally translates as "part") is a military unit of sorts, and lieutenant chasti sounds like an official military rank. Also, missed the wrong comma in previous chapter, should be "second lieutenant chasti, Rusalka", not "second lieutenant, Chasti Rusalka". (And in case someone doesn't know and hasn't googled it up yet, "rusalka" is basically a "mermaid".)

Page 25:
Unless it's supposed to be an attempt at portmanteau with "car", there's a typo in "crab". Also, maybe it should also be quoted (since it's most likely supposed to be a nickname; "Falkatus" is a name of the vehicle).
All correct more or less but that 21 thing would just be called a dumpling, which pelmenis pretty much are (yeah there's intricacies but it doesn't matter).

Dex-chan lover
All correct more or less but that 21 thing would just be called a dumpling, which pelmenis pretty much are (yeah there's intricacies but it doesn't matter).
It's "pelmeni" in raws, and, actually, ペリメ二の餡 could be translated as "pelmeni stuffing". Well, in the first place, in Russian you'd usually say "turn someone into cutlets", so while the "pelmeni stuffing" line conveys the meaning, it sound a bit unnatural to a Russian speaker.

Dex-chan lover
It's "pelmeni" in raws, and, actually, ペリメ二の餡 could be translated as "pelmeni stuffing". Well, in the first place, in Russian you'd usually say "turn someone into cutlets", so while the "pelmeni stuffing" line conveys the meaning, it sound a bit unnatural to a Russian speaker.
I'm a Russian speaker lol, but yeah I see what you mean.

Dex-chan lover
What a fucking nightmare of a cliffhanger holy crap...
Thanks for the update!

Users who are viewing this thread