Mother's Contract Marriage - Vol. 1 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
Quite enjoying this one, really dig the art (except the way lips are drawn, it makes the characters look like they're dehydrated and in the middle of a desert or something), it really distinguishes itself from other korean webcomics. Kinda like an artsy version of little miss sidekick.

Though, when you look at the reviews from the NovelUpdates, people seem frustrated by the mother to the point they can't enjoy the story - I'm wondering if they're going to show her past life and she gets the point of being irredemeble, or if it's just a bunch of sooks.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not usually read this kind of genre like romance, shoujo, time travel in one set, but this kind of different perspective is quite fresh in this manhwa, and the art is good.

Dex-chan lover
i just want to say that i really like the style of this artist, its very unique compared to other similar longstrips. thanks for picking this up, guys

Fed-Kun's army
I was looking forward to seeing how Lilyca felt after this little trash prince stood her up, but her response was so WHOLESOME. ❤️ I love that Tan also showed up out of concern, and that Bryn passive aggressively got back at the prince, a little bit.

Bonus: the Emperor skipping out on appointments because he wants to cuddle his daughter. Really can't blame him for that. 😂

Quite enjoying this one, really dig the art (except the way lips are drawn, it makes the characters look like they're dehydrated and in the middle of a desert or something), it really distinguishes itself from other korean webcomics. Kinda like an artsy version of little miss sidekick.

Though, when you look at the reviews from the NovelUpdates, people seem frustrated by the mother to the point they can't enjoy the story - I'm wondering if they're going to show her past life and she gets the point of being irredemeble, or if it's just a bunch of sooks.
I think it's just that the Webtoon adaptation is just that good. The art and protagonist are the highlights that make this work shine.

From what I've read of the novel reviews, people (including the novel translator) were also complaining about how boring the story was. Yes it was cute and fluffy, but problems were resolved as easily as they arose, everyone loved the MC without much conflict, and there generally just wasn't anything that made it a story.

Here, that looks like it's resolved through the art. We can see and feel people's emotions and reactions that aren't quite translated through text when the child protagonist is an unreliable narrator. That's just my take on the reviews though, the links to the novel died before I had a chance to read em.

Dex-chan lover
I might be in the minority to think that the art, while beautiful, is a bit overwhelming and made it a bit hard to read. However I'm all in to see the journey of the little princess and back-from-the-future Empress!

Contributor
Based on the preview images of the artist's previous work, this is definitely more ornate.

I might be in the minority to think that the art, while beautiful, is a bit overwhelming and made it a bit hard to read. However I'm all in to see the journey of the little princess and back-from-the-future Empress!
I also agree with you!! I like a pretty but clean art or paneling style but after a while of reading, i just came to the conclusion that the art style is messy and sparkly not bc the artist simply wanted to highlight the beauty of the characters but bc the mc, Lilyca, actually views the world like this. She views the world as a pretty, sparkly and glistening place due to her innocent and positive outlook and i think the artstyle helps with creating an intended atmosphere a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread