Moto Kyuutei Renkinjutsushi no Watashi, Henkyou de Nonbiri Ryouchi Kaitaku Hajimemasu! - Ch. 9 - There's Good News

Dex-chan lover
I wish they won't kill it :') just ask the drake nicely and leave him be lol
You're being a bit naive here.

The skin is a very important organ. It's purpose is to protect the body from external threats, such as bacteria, viruses, and environmental hazards, including UV radiations. It also protects from dehydration, hypothermia (by preserving body heat) and hyperthermia (through sweating).

Removing skin can be deadly. In fact, burn victims can die from too much skin being burnt off. It is also an extremely painful process that has been used for torture since ancient times. Victims of skinning can die from many reasons, including shock, blood loss, and infections.

So I'm pretty sure "asking nicely" isn't going to work, and killing it may very well be the more humane way of dealing with this issue. It's better to kill the drake quickly and painlessly before skinning it, than make it suffer and let it die from the aftermath.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You're being a bit naive here.

The skin is a very important organ. It's purpose is to protect the body from external threats, such as bacteria, viruses, and environmental hazards, including UV radiations. It also protects from dehydration, hypothermia (by preserving body heat) and hyperthermia (through sweating).

Removing skin can be deadly. In fact, burn victims can die from too much skin being burnt off. It is also an extremely painful process that has been used for torture since ancient times. Victims of skinning can die from many reasons, including shock, blood loss, and infections.

So I'm pretty sure "asking nicely" isn't going to work, and killing it may very well be the more humane way of dealing with this issue. It's better to kill the drake quickly and painlessly before skinning it, than make it suffer and let it die from the aftermath.
Maybe it sheds its skin like snakes, and so the drake will agree to part with the shed skin, if that's good enough?
Because yes, it would be hard to get a drake to agree to be flayed alive, even if they use healing magic afterwards.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it sheds its skin like snakes, and so the drake will agree to part with the shed skin, if that's good enough?
Because yes, it would be hard to get a drake to agree to be flayed alive, even if they use healing magic afterwards.
I suppose you are correct. Although, whether they can actually do that, depends on what exactly they need from the skin. Sadly, shed skin is not suitable for all applications. It would be nice if we could make snake leather from shed skin, instead of having to kill the poor animals, for example.

Dex-chan lover
I suppose you are correct. Although, whether they can actually do that, depends on what exactly they need from the skin. Sadly, shed skin is not suitable for all applications. It would be nice if we could make snake leather from shed skin, instead of having to kill the poor animals, for example.
IIRC, the recipe specifically calls for skin, not leather, do there might be no need to actually kill the drake

Dex-chan lover
IIRC, the recipe specifically calls for skin, not leather, do there might be no need to actually kill the drake
That doesn't matter. Technically you could make leather from shed skin. It's just that the resulting leather would be too thin and fragile to be of any use, thus the practice in highly uncommon. I only used "leather" as an example to show why they might need to kill the drake, regardless of whether it can shed.

Dex-chan lover
This was...so much ado about nothing, the components all appear to be commonplace and not really worth spending a single panel on, let alone half a chapter :facepalm:

Hopefully the drake excursion will be more interesting

Dex-chan lover
I feel like not a lot has happened, yet it’s speeding along. How is that possible?

Dex-chan lover
For such an absolute workaholic, she seems pretty averse to doing this work...
To be fair to Amelia, the work she does looked like it largely consisted of lab and office work, hardly tasks that require someone to deal with the public. The people she would have had more contact with back then were probably colleagues that had it out for her too.

Kind of understandable that she'd be pretty averse to asking things of other people.

Users who are viewing this thread