Motokano no Otouto ga Kawaiitte Hanashi - Ch. 13

Group Leader
Hope y'all enjoy this chapter ❤️
- Cleopatra @ Nephthys

Massive massive thank you to both Skye and Nosebleed for providing us with their chapter 12 and 13 translations.

Additionally, I'm really sorry about the delay in getting this chapter out, I got too caught up in reaching perfection, and it became something I hated working on, I decided to just do a final clean up and to release it today. (I technically finished most of it like 2 weeks ago lol)

PS: Check out our Discord linked as our group website (discord.gg/jBb3KjV2Tj). It really helps to have people there to help motivate me to keep translating a series, as it's just me doing this for fun.

Group Leader
She's lame for going out with him and cheating on him
I could be wrong, but I don't think she was cheating on him if your talking about the sister, I think what she meant about "Keeping quiet about this," was having feelings for her friend / generally being gay/bi. She "Chose to be the be with the one she truly loved," but idk if she did anything before she ended the relationship. I took it as she was lying to herself being with him, and ended it to follow her heart.

Dex-chan lover
I could be wrong, but I don't think she was cheating on him if your talking about the sister, I think what she meant about "Keeping quiet about this," was having feelings for her friend / generally being gay/bi.
That's how I thought so as well, basically she was trying to reject her nature (society and stuff) but it didn't work and it would hurt both of them if they continued together.
Anyway overall interesting and nice twist!

Dex-chan lover
I could be wrong, but I don't think she was cheating on him if your talking about the sister, I think what she meant about "Keeping quiet about this," was having feelings for her friend / generally being gay/bi. She "Chose to be the be with the one she truly loved," but idk if she did anything before she ended the relationship. I took it as she was lying to herself being with him, and ended it to follow her heart.
Still a really silly set-up regardless, and she's cold af for not explaining shit

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Still a really silly set-up regardless, and she's still cold af for not explaining shit
Nah, being bi or gay in that society is not something that is easy to handle compared to others, it's still very looked down on. Plus, no one really OWES you any explanation for why they are breaking up with you. It's nice to do, but it's not an obligation that is required of anyone. And no, it's not a silly setup, it's pretty common for people deep in the closet, especially in societies that aren't as welcoming, to have moments of clarity when faced with marriage and the thought of continuing to lie to themselves for the rest of their lives.

If I were on the other side, I'd much rather they rethink it before a long engagement or marriage than have the bubble finally pop when you've been together for years and had kids together.

Either way, great chapter by the crew doing it, and thanks again for continuing this work!

Dex-chan lover
Glad that it didn't go the route of "I left him because I knew you loved him" bullshit

But still she is kinda of a bitch for not telling him anything and just playing around with him all the way through.
Where did you get that impression? I don't know how it could have been more obvious that she was deep in the closet, in a society that isn't very open to that, and it wasn't until marriage was on the horizon that she finally stopped lying to herself and left him. She wasn't "playing" around with him at all, she was just in the closet. That doesn't make her a bitch, that makes a society that forces that on people one. As for telling him after they broke up, they are broken up, she doesn't owe him anything, and going around telling people that you're gay in that society is not an easy thing to do, so I don't judge her again at all, I judge the society that forces her to have to act like that to protect herself.

Why is she shitty if she didn't feel comfortable saying it?
Because she went out with him, cheated, then left without explanation.

Plus, no one really OWES you any explanation for why they are breaking up with you.

Yeah they do. Asian countries, thankfully, aren't as degenerate when it comes to relationships as The West.

Double-page supporter
I think the only thing you can fault her for is just not really explaining to him the reason for the break-up. As we saw he took it pretty hard and it was very sudden. I don't believe she ever cheated on him but she did break up with him a a pretty crappy way, especially with how she described him since it seems he would have still been hurt but inderstood.

Dex-chan lover
Because she went out with him, cheated, then left without explanation.

Yeah they do. Asian countries, thankfully, aren't as degenerate when it comes to relationships as The West.
what a loaded of horse shit, can you be less racist ??? also that efing god damn rich coming from YOU comparing what asian countries are as if they don’t have their own werdo relationship garbage issues

Wow, the sister is a really shitty person. Looks like she used the MC as a beard for years and in the end didn’t even have guts to tell him why she was dumping him. What a coward

Their whole relationship was predicated on a lie and if the MC is in anyway ok with this he’s a loser that deserved what happened to him.

Dex-chan lover
Seems there are viewers that don't know that Japan is not as accepting of homosexuality as the west.

Same sex marriage is still illegal in most of Japan last I checked.

Coming out over there still has a lot of social stigma, and can even risk your career if found out.

The sis did not cheat, she was just being careful of coming out in a very homophobic society.

Users who are viewing this thread