Mozuya-san Goes on a Rampage - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Aim for the Top! (2)

Fed-Kun's army
The misunderstanding around the class rep in this chapter is really funny and cute. I never thought the class rep will have this kind of development as a character.

Fed-Kun's army
I hate all of these side characters, summer vacation was the best arc cause it was just Mozuya and Kabeshima.

Dex-chan lover
It's a bit sad that people are unknowingly hurting others for showing their affection towards someone they care about.

Double-page supporter
Yeah, can't bring myself to like any side character that isn't the foster parents or the grandma. ( And maybe the new who wants to be friends with Mozuya. )

Double-page supporter
nah side characters are fine, people just dont like the idea of the mangaka redeeming some of them when they were bullies in the past, despite the fact that they are literally naive kids, and you'd almost certainly do the same in their position. the school environment is the most viscous place for mozuya, it definitely needs coverage

Yuuji was clapping at the end of Goto's performance. Man, he really has been corrupted by that nurse.

I guess Chizuru is being set up as Mozuya's foil similar to how Goto is supposed to contrast with Hipposhima. I guess she'll be a more important character going forward.

And, volume 4 is at an end. Man, it feels good being able to read new chapters! Just thanks again, ya'll.

Fed-Kun's army
Had to stop and play Dies Irae during that bit in the middle.

It can be difficult to make sure side characters don't distract too much from the main characters, but I think it was pulled off pretty well here. We're getting more characterization for why they've acted as they have towards the protagonists, and the subplot both intertwines with the main plot and shows some foils to the main two. Even when we're not directly seeing the protagonists, others are interacting and changing because of them.
There's been a couple manga where I read a side-character focused chapter and think "wait, why are we still looking at these bozos? Who gives a shit about them? I thought they were one-off background characters."

Dex-chan lover
I say the chapters are long enough that there's room to have "side characters" show up and get progress as well. It's more like MC are only really interesting because we can see really how the butterfly flaps affect things and how the echoes return.

Users who are viewing this thread