Mujintou de Elf to Kyoudou Seikatsu

Aggregator gang
I had high hopes for this but the MC too beta!
He easily got caught by the government because he didn't even try to keep her a secret..
Well I'm still appreciative though and I'd prefer this over other Elves/Knights to modern day that are similar to this story.

I'm still not sure this is good or not as I do not where this story is going..

If someone wants to kill you, fend them off and let them leave, you can treat them for some cookies and tea if you want.

Try to read complex looking isekai with interesting premise... Get chapters upon chapters of harem hijinks and assorted wish fulfillment.
Just check a dumb-sounding slow life "living with erufu" reverse isekai... Get political intrigue and moral questions at every chapter.
Tiresome!

It's like 'Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken' and 'Welcome to Japan, Ms. Elf' had a disabled child.

Plot and character development are sacrificed too often for fan service. There's some ecchi (Somehow, her nipples are constantly erect), but it's not as blatant as many ecchi manga. There's some comedy, but it's subtle. There's some drama, but it doesn't push the characters forward in their development. The elf character is exceptionally bland. The MC is super-beta. The few other supporting characters are paper-thin throwaways.

The pacing also feels off. The author slow plays some inane plot points while other, more important plot elements begin and end way too quickly. That said, the author isn't completely incompetent. There's some foreshadowing in the mix about the reason the MC is as beta as he is. And, there are kernels of a good story hidden behind the tepid fan service and half-hearted comedy. It's far from the worst manga I've ever read, but I'm on the fence about continuing to read anymore.

I've read manga that are far worse with far better ratings. If that counts for anything.

Double-page supporter
there's something very wrong with the japanese psyche: just about every single reverse-isekai i've ever read soon enough just drops everything nice and has the plot nosedive into "you get fucked over by the government"
it's not interesting and it's not enjoyable

Well. If you are actually came here for a good plot - you'd better find something else. Seriously, don't let first chapters to fool you, you'll regret it later. I warned you!
But! If you enjoy looking at always erected elf nipples - you are welcome!

Aggregator gang
MC is just a super beta that got lucky with an elf landing on his island. He fails to share anything despite asking the same so its just really frustrating when things can be done before anything happens.

Double-page supporter
@penmore I respectfully disagree that he's a super beta. His experience is very much representative of culture shock more than the beta bitch of your standard shounen. It's too soon to accurately tell if he is actually a beta since the culture shock has only recently worn off, and there are too many other factors thrown into the mix for him to be a beta. I definitely won't throw any shade your way if the other stereotypes are a turn off for you though. The government stuff definitely was predictable.

Dex-chan lover
What’s the point of making your series’ name and focal point “Sharing life with on a deserted island with an elf” if you’re going to pivot away from it so quickly? It only applies to like 3 chapters!

Fed-Kun's army
I just want a simple manga with a non-loli elf as the main female lead and romantic interest with a human protagonist. Is that too hard to execute?

@GTX1080Ti
"Isekai ni Kita Boku wa Kiyoubinbode Subaya-sa Tayorina Tabi o Suru" is just that, the manga only has 2 chapters but his WN is already completed.

Fed-Kun's army
i know all ppl are disappointed about latest chapters and plot goin this way... its start looks like worse version of GATE. Story is "Progressing" at the background, but nothing really happens with our DUO. I came for Adventure or Romance or Fantasy ect. so far i get non of it. Can't say its bad also can't say it's good. I ask myself a question after read till chapter 9 "did I waste time?" probably :)

Users who are viewing this thread