Murim Login - Ch. 41

Dex-chan lover
Funny how the "real world" looks more fake and game-like, than the virtual murim world.
..."Sync"..."System is ready"....Yeah, that was a bad, bad call. When the manual said "the avatar and the user will sync", I imagined it'd be in more logical terms. Like in life-experience, muscle-memory...So, naturally, if you learn how to "use your mana" in-game, you also take that experience to real life -- and thus, get boosted up. Extra points if the MC would've practiced his virtual cultivation-methods, and notice that they actually do improve his physical body.
When it comes to "magic", you really don't need much. Even cockroaches can become OP if they "practice" the right art.

Yet....
"The system was restored! Bi-boop! Adding your stats now! No need to do anything! I will do it all for you!"
Come on, man...Having "dungeons" in RL was already a downer, but now it seems like the only fun thing this series will have is the virtual world.

thought they were gonna do some naturo fingerr butt blast joke there for a sec.

let the game begin!

Fed-Kun's army
@solipsist
Absolutely makes the vr world nothing more than a power up system, same as finding a rare candy. Just takes all the stakes out of the world ..not that there was much to begin with

Dex-chan lover
@lazerus56 @Solipsist
Now hold on there, first of all, we haven't seen just how much power that sync affords. I agree that it would be overkill if it's 1:1, because the hero is already quite the monster in the murim world which would probably translate to at least A rank. But even if that would to happen, that would only lower the stakes in the real world, in which we are barely invested in — all of the action happened in the virtual world so far. Second, regardless of how overpowered the growth rate in the murim world is, it comes at the price of risking your life in all of the quests it throws at you. Basically, the real hunter world is slow and safe, while the virtual murim world is fast and dangerous. You can basically be a stagnated working stiff, doing a job that's barely more dangerous than construction, or risk your life to attain strength in deadly combat. Except the hero is as unlucky in the hunter world as he is lucky in the murim one. He almost died doing safe, low-paying jobs in the real world, but managed to survive fine in a world where a guy with a Dragonball Z level of strength can decapitate you for looking at him the wrong way.

However, my opinion is that he will probably not become super-strong just like that, simply because that will mean that he can be rich and successful and no longer needs to risk his life in murim wars. His top priority is taking care of his family, after all. So he needs to have a really good reason to return to murim and risk his life (and his family's financial wellbeing). And he obviously WILL return to murim, it's in the name of the manhwa.

@SeryjVolk did you forget that MC unconsciously cared about the Murim world? Like saving others even though the quests could kill him, he'll probably just log in whenever he could to save his brother and.. who ever else he got acquainted to (I forgot everybody lol)

Dex-chan lover
@RalekTheOne
It's one thing caring for virtual people despite yourself when you're stuck in a game world by accident, it's another entering it again by choice and risking your life and the livelihood of your real life family to go help some pixels. So the only way this can be written without making the hero look like an irresponsible moron is to either have him login again to become a better provider for his family or maybe if the twist is that the murim world is actually some parallel reality and those people are real. The latter one is questionable, because his family should still come first, but understandable because he will be risking his life to save the lives of many others.

@SeryjVolk Well all that is true but I don't think he'll be that much of an irresponsible moron if he at least starts making shits ton of money for his family, before he goes to risk his life for some pixels. Meanwhile gathering power for IRL dungeons while he's at it. I mean think about it, 2 c rank rare dudes at once in e-rank dungeons? Definitely something big happening, so that means MC will have to be a lot stronger if he wants to go in higher level dungeons to make more cash.
I think MC will look at the gains rather than the means in this case after he becomes over-ecstatic at his real life success, I mean he was struggling for pretty much 10 years I think so this will be the rain after a drought for him. Plus he likes the people in the game sooo

Dex-chan lover
@SeryjVolk
I didn't quite follow the conver, but....I didn't say the Murim world is obsolete. I said the real world is obsolete. The RL world doesn't even have the smidgen of depth or interest the virtual world does (it being a shallow copy-paste of poorly crafted game-fantasy), which means the only interesting part of this story, is the virtual murim world. Which is bananas.
Also, I don't care how over-powered or underpowered the MC gets. My problem was that a literal GAME SYSTEM is now infesting the MC's real world. That is a shit ass trope. Keep that shit in the game-world, not in real-life, even though the MC's "real world" is more gamified than the virtual one. The author's a hack.

Dex-chan lover
@SeryjVolk
Haha, I doubt it. You're being way too generous with these types of stories. If the RL-setting was "boring", I'd be able to follow your line of logic. Instead, though, we do not have a "boring reality", but just a really fucking stupid one that is poorly crafted.
Most web-anything (novels, comics) are just an elaborate copy-paste of anything that is also popular, look at isekai for an example. It has nothing to do with commentary, it's about taking way too much inspiration with what's popular, and ending up with a piece of garbage.
Which is too bad, because the Murim-world is fun to read. Too bad the author didn't go with your mentality by making reality something boring that the MC has to struggle against, with the VR world his escape and source of power, instead of making reality a shitty video-game copy-paste.

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist
What do you mean by "we do not have a boring reality"? That's exactly what we have so far, from both our and his perspective. He's stuck doing part-time jobs which are just cutting parts out of dead things in a crappy damp cave tunnel. I'm not saying that I'm sure, but the draw of the murim world where he is a heroic figure from a good family vs his existence in the real world where he has to go through a daily grind to keep his family fed, can very well become a plotpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread