Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 10 Ch. 51 - The Lady's Determination.

Group Leader
How can a middle-aged-mind boy whose already together for 6 years with her cannot understand why she leaves him ... So fucking stupid.

Group Leader
Is that rhetorical?

I'm pretty sure someone else already explained the reason.

Aggregator gang
God damn it! Going a journey?! Nani the fuck- hey at least she's not going to those nobles right? Right? It said journey... And she was with Ghislaine too so it wouldn't be dangerous right? Gosh darn, this girl... What the hell is she thinking?

@nyaasar I THINK it's one of those tropes of character development, but I have my doubts so... Can you Xplain?

Dex-chan lover
People bitching about this reupload when the translation is better than robo's shit.

Dex-chan lover
fuck off with these independent woman warrior characters

Banned
Eris... what the fuck?

Could she have possibly made a stupider choice? She wants to try and be worthy of him? Couldn't she read between the lines? I thought that was a consistent trait of the second X chromosome...
She leaves him now, there are only two ways this can go:
#1. He runs off to find Roxy.
#2. He runs off to find Sylphie.

His only potentially busty prospect has just extricated herself from the game... in order to ostensibly get better at the game...

Madness. Complete madness...

wtffffffff you want a kid in these circumstances???????
Also Rudy you're in your 40's right????? She's 15 goddamnit

Group Leader
At least she's out there and not in some pig lap so it's okay. It's her choice after all. Suck to be Rudy tho, he got one night stand lol.

EWWW WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BRO??? THEY'RE LITERALL CHILDRENNNNN. OH MY GOD RUDI ISN'T EVEN 13 YET FUCKKK

@aleaallee You right, my bad for finding preteen sex to be disgusting and unnecessary. Not like this manga adds idiotic and unnecessary plot points to appease edgy people. Honestly, you're free to read whatever you want, but don't be offended when others call it out.

@qowboykay Call out what? It's their own fault for reading the manga, you either stick with it or stop reading it, so stop complaining. Someone that picky doesn't deserve having nagatoro as their profile image.

@aleaallee I don't think I'm particularly "picky", most sane people would find that gross. Regardless, if you haven't realized by now, this is a "chapter comments" forum, and I'm commenting on the chapter. Don't know why you are telling me to "calm the fuck down", I recognize it's a manga, and like any form of art, is subject to any form of critique on its contents. Also, bringing up nagatoro makes no sense, it literally has nothing to do with your point or this manga, and you don't have the authority or sense to decide what I "deserve" to have as my profile pic.🤔

@qowboykay I feel like you haven't even been reading this manga. Why are you so heart-torn over this. We are western so ages below 18 are odd but other parts of the world have it at 15. You also have to take into the context of the situation. They are in a fantasy world which are mostly influenced by medieval times. Marriage was not prohibited between young teenagers in these times.

While I agree we should keep it at adults but it is literally pure fiction and it was meant to be a sweet moment because... A ton of people just died?

Edit: also I haven't read the manga about "nagatoro" but isn't she 15-16 and is sexualized a ton? If she isn't in the manga she is at least everywhere outside it.

@Thing482 (Apologies for the "essay", wanted to get my responses across in a thorough manner)When I read manga, I don't skim, I read pretty thoroughly and try to appreciate the art; being an artist myself, I appreciate the effort that goes into creating a piece of artwork. In that regard, I applaud the artist, he did his best he could with this subpar story. It's the author that is really to blame here. I pay close attention, and I do factor in context in applicable situations. I've read the manga up until the 10 most recent chapters to give it a thorough chance before I dropped it, so I believe that I am as entitled as anyone to share my opinion. I kind of see where you are coming from when you reference the context, yes, cultures and values from the dark ages/medieval times are drastically different from what they are now. If they were both 15, or at the very least within one year of each other, it wouldn't be that weird and I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it, since there is consent between both parties. However, the dude is biologically 12, which is a big difference from 15, which makes it extremely weird. Even if we evaluate it in terms of what was acceptable at the time, 12 is way too low, he isn't even a teenager, he's a preteen. Also, if you want to consider it the other way and say that he is actually in his 40's because he reincarnated, it's still pretty gross because he comes from a culture where this isn't acceptable, and I'm willing to bet if the girl was aware of who he was she wouldn't be ok with it. Yes, this is "pure fiction", however the author chose to write the story with this child-sex plot point, which is pretty perverted even by manga/anime standards, which is saying something. It's fantasy, which is not exactly "historically accurate". He could have just as easily replaced it with a kiss scene or something else to drive character development. It's up to him to do whatever he wants, and I support freedom of expression, even for most uncomfortable imagery, but that doesn't make immune to criticism, especially if it doesn't have a meaningful purpose. Just because I make something edgy doesn't mean that I shouldn't be called out if it isn't socially or morally acceptable. Also your point that "it was meant to be a sweet moment because... A ton of people just died?" literally makes no sense??? Having sex isn't a healthy way to grieve, especially for children. The girl was in shock from discovering that her entire family died, and thus wasn't in a stable frame of mind. The MC should have realized this and found a way to de-escalate the situation if he was a decent human being, and not a huge pervert. Did you not see the pages of him rejoicing about finally losing his virginity? He had a shadow of a doubt for a moment as if he recognized what he was going to do was not smart, but then self-rationalized that coherent thought away. He is mentally an adult, he should have known better.
*** My main point is basically: child-sex = icky. I honestly doubt anyone disagrees with this statement, yourself included. This is not the only reason I dropped this manga, but it was a major factor. I don't hold it against anyone who continues to read this if they enjoy the story, we all have different tastes at the end of the day, and some people can just pretend this instance never happened and continue to enjoy the manga. Honestly, good for you. However, if you defend this specific part of the story by saying that it wasn't really,really weird, I'm going to lose all hope in you as a human being. It's just poor writing, and not even remotely meaningful.

- And if you haven't read nagatoro, why comment about it in the first place? When making a point in a discussion, obviously don't use sources that you aren't familiar with. Yea there are some semi fan-servicey moments, but she isn't "oversexualized" and it's pretty tame when compared to a lot of other manga. Using your logic from before, the MC's are 15 and 16, which is well within your "guidelines". Also, the biggest difference from this scenario is that they will never have sex within the manga; a kiss is considered the upper tier for those types of manga concerning that age range (high school).

Users who are viewing this thread