Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 11 Ch. 52 - Quagmire the Adventurer

Supporter
I'll just chalk up Eris's behaviors up to her being a stupid kid. She wanted a family with the person she loves and then she turned around and gutted him, with little explanation other than a pile of hair and a note.

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F
Ok, so basically, I haven't read the novel yet (might do so if I get too impatient to wait for the manga) so what I'll say here is what I read from someone's comment a few chapters ago, and my memory sucks, so take it with a grain of salt. Iirc, Zenith is stuck inside a magic crystal or something like that, and she's there forever, and even if they manage to get her out of it, she'll be in a vegetative state for the rest of her life. Which is why I wish they change that. Oh well, the world isn't always sunshine and rainbows

I think what alot of people are failing to realize is just how DUMB Eris is. She is not a very bright girl. And unsurprisingly, her seemingly "well thought out plan" wasn't very well thought out at all. Unfortunately poor MC has to pay for her actions lul

giggity giggity goo.

edit:
@Supercheese
they manage to rescue her from the crystal, but they pay a price style George R. R. Martin, she forgets everything, I stopped reading some chaptesr after she is rescued cause for a while every chapters seems a filler. Till where I read she still didnt remember anything.

hehehe, I just said someone will die but didnt say who! XD

Dex-chan lover
Distancing yourself from those you love to "get stronger" or whatever is a terrible idea, especially when you're young. When you're young, you think you have all the time in the world. When you're suddenly 30+, and you don't know where the time went, and the people you love that you separated yourself from are dead, chronically ill with little time left, or now married to someone else because you left them alone for too long, THEN you realize too late that time passes by in a flash, and every moment with someone you love might be your last, and that you have to treasure the time you have with them.

It might feel like your pleasant days with them (or even unpleasant ones) will last the same way forever, but nothing is forever. Time and age changes and eventually destroys everything, and who knows even how long you yourself will live, or at least how long you'll live with your faculties intact?

I dislike stories like this that advocate (or at least show) separating suddenly with little to no explanation from someone because "you're burdening them" or someone's being held back, or "you have to improve" or something like that. That's a very classic Asian mindset (one I also saw in my own family as well) but one that I now know from life experience is not a good one. Nothing's more important than being there for your family and loved ones while they're still around to be there for. Leaving them to get stronger or make money to send home and all that is nice in theory, but that's time you'll never get back, and by the time you're "finished" doing all that, you might be 40+ and missed every single important milestone that you'll never get to see again.

Edit: Another "fun" thing that might happen: the kids you swore you'd be there for and worked 12 hours every day in a distant land to "provide" for are all grown up and have kids of their own, and you're a stranger to them and them to you, and come to think of it... you never knew anything about your kids because you never spent any time with them...

This chapter kind of reminds me of Forrest Gump. Everyone hates Jenny for always casting aside Forrest who is clearly in love with her for his entire life, never wavering. She ends up wastes most of her youth doing dumb things she regrets. To viewers, Jenny is simply a dumbass bitch. But from Jenny's POV, she feels like she's exploiting Forrest and taking advantage of him. Jenny will always be in a position above Forrest if they were to be together, and not an equal partner relationship. So, in her own view, it's possible she feels it's best to leave Forrest. She ends up showing her trashy side to Forrest to make him fall out of love with her, none of which works and only makes Forrest (and the audience) angry. I find it very similar to this chapter. The power balance between the relationship is very different, and one feels they're taking advantage of the other and leaves them to free themselves of guilt. As Jenny eventually wised up and realized being together is best, and should have always been together, I imagine this series will end in the same way for Eris.

I think I like the story better now that Rudeus is by himself at the moment, and is away from all the people I dont like. I'm mostly talking about his father and Eris. Am I the only one that feels this way?

The only characters I like right now is Roxy, that cat lady with the sword, that maid, and her daughter.

Dex-chan lover
Did we just had a time skip?
Rudeus seem older than last chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@FoxaTox
Being fair all character so far, except for Rudeus, have been very bad. They have been obstacles, distractions and weights to be put into the MC with no regards for his mental development.
While I blame Rudeus the most for having that kind of people around him I also understand why he acts like that given his previous life experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread