Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 13 Ch. 62 - Beneath the Mask

Group Leader
Still pissed at Cliff's design, he looks like an edgelord now.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't really understand Slyphie in this story at all... Is it explained more in depth on why she decided to actually stay with that princess? I get that those people helped her a bit when the calamity happened (she helped them out more since she saved them from the monster as she was falling from the sky). When, Rudy and Eris was sent demon continent their first priority was to make it back home with the help of Ruijerd. However, she didn't even bother trying to get back home? What? She is also considerably strong in terms of their worlds magic of "normal" people... So, for her to submit to someone considerably normal in terms of strength and even power or putting herself in life threatening situations for a useless princess over going back home? Makes absolutely no sense..

Edit: I'm not referring to how she feels about the princess now.. I'm referring to back when right after the calamity happened.

Group Leader
@codydub03 probably because she was 10 at the time and she was not as resourceful as Rudeus
And she was under suspicion as a spy trying to kill Ariel when she teleported to Asura, therefore had to change her identity

People really underestimate this arc.

Fyi, if this arc never exists, it'll be 100% chance that Greyrat big family(yes, not only Paul's family)
will be completely eradicated years later.

Fed-Kun's army
@Nanaten Ahh, right I forgot about the age thing.. I can also see what you mean with Rudy, he could of landed in a King or Queens lap and found a way out of it. xD I guess, I can understand a 10 year old girl with no-one else to rely on decided to do what she did.

Every since I started seeing Sylphie in back to back chapters it was kind of frustrating me a bit with how nonchalant she was about when not even trying to get back home, even if she knew her own family was dead, she did have another family that sort of saved her from child-hood(rudys family), but it seems I was over thinking it.

Was Sylphie's change of hair color explained back in previous chapters? I might've glossed over it or something

@spekhz was a result of her overusing her magic to prevent fall damage during the teleportation incident.

@codydub03 also don't forget, she technically had temporary amnesia, and gained it back after a few months or a year later. you can reread the back chapter again. so while she was in service she technically can't leave Ariel due to the fact that their situation was critical due to assassination attempts. Also she considered Ariel to be her new best friend so technically you can't leave your best friend alone in times of crisis

God damn woman if your DONT want him to be taken (not that you have him rn anyways) just TELL HIM ALREADY....GAWD. this pussy footing around the issue shit is annoying.

Where have you been?
Been searching all along
Came facing twilight on and on
Without a clue
Without a sign
Without grasping yet
The real question to be asked
Where have I been?

I'm a shape shifter
At Poe's masquerade
Hiding both face and mind
All free for you to draw
I'm a shape shifter
What else should I be?
Please don't take off my mask
Revealing dark

Aggregator gang
Does Rudy have erectile dysfunction after he banged (I think) the princess?

Fed-Kun's army
@gekigangerv I guess that's true in a sense.. I'll also need to re-read this... It's just sort of weird to me now how they have her portrayed.

Fed-Kun's army
@rageriserdna she lost her memories just after the teleportation and recovered them recently just before they left the capital for the academy, and after that she found out fast where Rudeus was and got the princess to get him there.

Double-page supporter
@Ainzell @cor3zone sheesh, you guys, calm down. Im not saying what she should do and how she should feel, only the fact that Rudeus not recognizing her when they first met took her by surprise, that's why she's hesitating on showing her face and/or name to him.
She just doesnt want to be heart-broken when her crush doesnt recognize who she is, so Sylphie is postponing it to keep the status-quo.
That goes to you too @elhessan .
She's still timid even after being given the go-ahead by the princess. I know that she's the first wife, but at this point, she's afraid of not being recognized by Rudi. Only after a massive, over-the-top plan did she dare to reveal herself

Dex-chan lover
@Scrwd
I'm just saying she's a coward for hiding so long, and doesn't deserve to even think about 'losing' him because of it. The only thing stopping her from being with Rudeus, is herself. Blaming it on him being 'taken' is just plain bullshit, she's 'given' up on him as of now. It's not someone else's fault, it's her fault. I understand her reasons and feelings, but that doesn't change facts. She's intentionally hidden herself so he can't recognise her, despite being told to reveal herself. The source of every negative feeling and thought she has is only herself. She's dumb, is my point.

Users who are viewing this thread