Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 15 Ch. 70 - The Laboratory

Fed-Kun's army
@JohnFuckingWick For LN you need to purchase officially here https://sevenseasentertainment.com/series/mushoku-tensei-jobless-reincarnation-light-novel/.
If you don't have the money you can read the free WN translation on here. Internet Archive.

Hay random thought .Wouldnt it be great if this girl from the swordsman academy told Rudy where Eris is and then we would see him go there with a badass entrance 😗

Dex-chan lover
@adfjs I didn’t read from LN vol 1 fair enough but I know that seven seas are the one who DID butcher the first few volumes. Removing paragraphs and turning the text more "politically correct".
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-02-17/seven-seas-addresses-mushoku-tensei-classroom-of-the-elite-light-novel-localization-changes/.169582

So honestly, my understanding is that, since the anime and the manga are pretty much copies, I believe I could assume that these 2 occurrences of the story are correct. Maybe I’m gonna read the WN for a third take.

@Sadrobot The manga still butchers a lot of the content. For example, what happens in chapter 44 (rescuing Aisha). For that you'll either have to wait the anime or read the LN/WN. I highly doubt the anime will do the same as the manga.

@Sadrobot the Anime follow the LN more than the Manga and the minor changes that Seven Seas did are things that I would also agree to have changed. The scene where Rudeus a (mentally) 42 year old man in a 8 year Olds body pulling down a 10 year Olds panties is just plain gross. I respect the fact that the content shouldn't be changed but that was just unnecessary and for the sake of fanservice. Many scenes and moments like that are what make the Mushoku Tensei a hard read at times when you see the Mc doing something disgusting for the sake of fanservice. The Second change was more egregious and made what Paul did lighter than it actually was but I can't tell you what actually happened as I only read the Fan Translation.

Dex-chan lover
@AidanArmageddon I’m not sure taking liberties in editing a published work of someone else without their consent is a good thing but aight. Even the translators denied everything about this and were clearly stating that it’s not ok.
Comparatively to other publishers who went as far as seeking the author’s clarification of some chapters of the novel they are translating, I find it really distasteful.
We already knew that him and Paul are scums. The more abject he was, the more his "tentative" to change is valuable. That is my opinion but you can totally want a clean MC. That’s also valid

Aggregator gang
@Sadrobot an author almost always gives studios artistic liberties when they create adaptions. They almost never control it after that. Some things just have to be changed for the bettering of a work. If the movie IT was 1:1 with the books, we’d see a child sex orgy, which absolutely wouldn’t fly with anyone. I find the pedophillic act of a mentally 40 year old pulling down a childs panties to be in the same ballpark.

Dex-chan lover
@Speederzdk I don’t think it would’ve been so criticized if that was the case (lol?). That’s just your convenient thinking.

Aggregator gang
@Sadrobot The author has no say in the studio receiving backlash from the community. I am almost 100% people aren’t mad for the authors sake, but because it’s change and they don’t like change.

Dex-chan lover
@Speederzdk dude, even the translators weren’t aware of that and wash their hands off that shit. They clearly stated it was a unilateral decision. So save your excuses.

Aggregator gang
@Sadrobot Excuses? Do you think I’m making excuses? For what? Hell, where is the “excuse”? Is your reading comprehension okay? I’m strictly responding to your first comment about taking the “ liberties in editing a published work of someone else without their consent”, nothing else.

SIGH.... why do some translators INSIST on idiotically changing 'R's to 'L's in names?!

Rinia -> Linia
Goriade -> Goliade (it should be obvious her name is based on the word 'Gorila')

For gods sake just leave it as per the Katakana unless it is explicitly obvious that it's a known western name!!

Users who are viewing this thread