Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~

This manga has this strange perk of making everybody that hate it want to come here and say why they hate the manga and how you shouldn't read it.

I don't like this so you can't like it too! How you dare not getting mad like me seeing fictional characters in a fictional word in a fictional story doing fictional things that would be a crime in our not fictional world? Can't you see you making sound normal doing this stuff? If you read this you turn into a loli, pedo, rapist, racist!

Now excuse me, I need to go play GTA.

@burmn123 I'm sure it is because of the pedophilia theme. You've got a 40-year guy planning to "plant a seed" to 5 year old girl and later having sex with 13-15 year old girls, getting them pregnant, stealing underwear, worshiping bedsheets with their virgin blood in his hidden cell. And it never addressed as a questionable thing. In contrast, these actions are praised as good or brushed off as a joke.
The thing is, Mc starts as a pedophile who watches videos of his own 5-year naked niece while pleasuring himself and in the end, he doesn't change. The difference is only body swap when it comes to sexual tendencies. It's not a very likable character trait lol.

The facts are true.
He's mentally 40 year old, he's an adult man even though his body changed.
He's having lustful thoughts for 5-7 year children's, assaulting them (how many likable heroes you know who tried to remove panties off 7 year old sleeping child or next episode being happy to be in bed with them hoping to do naughty things with them?), and later on having sex with those 13 year old children. Still stealing their panties and worshiping cutout bedsheets with their first-time blood on it secretly like a creep.
I wonder how you're going to sugarcoat that.

The way story portrays and does these things are gross like none other anime did. It's kind of wish fulfillment anime for pedo despite other good content which is not spoiled by pedophilia themes.

At least in other mediums, MC's having second thoughts or just do it for silly jokes like Araragi in monster stories. They don't go out and do those P things to characters (children's basically).
These are the facts and it's hardly justifiable.
It's easy to see how many people find it's hard to resonate with such rotten to the core MC.

Just to remind you. MC starts as a 40-year old P, he reincarnates to child body. He's still a P. And he ends as P. (his thoughts, motivation are not influenced by reincarnation, let me remind the first EPs what he thought of 5 year old child and other characters while being 5 himself). He has sex with 13-year-old childrens while being 40 year adult in children body for god's sake. Swap Rudeus to his old body and how does this look now?

This could be handled better, but it is not. Probably author projecting himself on MC. What's even worse, that so many chose to ignore such displayed extremes and says "it's no problem".
I get it. It's japan. It's lolies and stuff, but this work does 100 extra steps to make it creepier than it should, thus, criticism because it's handled poorly.

@villko05

I see, so I should feel disgusted because a fictional character, reincarnated in a fictional world and feels atracted to fictional characters. That sounds horrible to me ooooooo

Both of us know that this is just comedy relief, both of us know that this light novel was writed many years ago, and back 20 years ago many things that today are taboo weren't. Jokes about rape, pedos and homophobia were super normal. We don't need to comeback 20 years, I'm positive 10 years ago things were like that.

I can understand a person not liking this kind of jokes, what draws my attention is people that don't want others to like this jokes. I not talking about you, but if you just read this commetns you'll find that most of the hate is from people that are basically saying "You can't enjoy this manga because the humor offends me".

Its a fictional manga, about a fictional character in a fictional world. Its no meant to be taken literal, no one thinks that its normal for a 40y guy to get atracted to 5 year old girls or have sex with a dunno, she was 12y? Anyway the manga isn't even trying to show that as something you should do, is just humor. It's the old and over used cliche about the horny old man. He's horny about 5y children just as much as he's horny about he's mom. It's this weird? Yeah, but only if you take this serious, it's meant to be a joke, if is not funny to you thats totally understandable, but the point is, why you make a wall of text to try to convince someone not read something just because YOU don't think its funny? Theres people that just say "this makes me unconfortable, I'm out". But most of people here are trying to convince people not to read, and this happens more with this manga than a lot of other mangas with bizarre stuff like gate or nanatsu.

@burmn123
"and this happens more with this manga than a lot of other mangas with bizarre stuff like gate or nanatsu."

Because it goes extra great lengths to make it creepy.
Don't try evade the subject.

"gate or nanatsu"

None in these works reincarnated 40 year old MC showing pure lust or having sex with kids. It's not humor. It's gross.
You compare apples with oranges. You should know better or just fooling yourself with poor excuses.

I noticed the anime first and enjoyed the episodes that were available. It felt so unique in its own way. I decided to read the web novel and man is the content much more in abundance and makes the story better! I've been non stop reading for 3-4 days and still only 75% done. I decided to peak into the manga and I can tell why many people dislike it. I'd read the web novel or light novel as the content is much better. Not sure why the sexualization is much more prominent in the manga and anime to be honest. It was present in the web novel but these levels are a little too much.

@villko05

I might indeed be comparing apples with oranges, but you are being mad over a fictional character. You come here because you mad a fictional characters is doing things that are a crime in our world. Does this makes any sense to you? Can't you just separate reality from fiction? It's not that hard. The character has a personality that is disgusting and the author makes this character act like that. What exactly is wrong with this? He's not real, he's not saying for you to do the same, he's FICTIONAL CHARACTER. If this bothers you, don't read it, but no, you need to come here to tell people DON'T READ THAT BECAUSE I THINK ITS DISGUSTING!

I just can't help but think about you going to the cinema watching a movie like, I don't know, the godfather, and saying everybody that they should not enjoy the movie because the MC its a manipulative asshole. HE KILLS PEOPLE, HE MANIPULATE HIS WIFE, YOU CAN'T ENJOY THIS!

Learn how to separate reality from fiction. Its understandable that you don't find funny jokes about rape and pedophilie, hell yeah, this is not funny in real life, but theres no real life here, deal with it, not everybody has your values, not everybody has your sense of humor. For you the story would be good if didn't had this stuff, for me is good this way. I much prefer a MC that its not a saint and has a lot of flaws, even things that makes me feel disgusted.

And meliodas has like what? 2k years? And still keeps grabing boobies of a 16y girl. Looks far more pedo to me.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly have glazed eyes reading this and I am not sure why. It feels like this recent chapter continues from where mc had ED and everything in between is a blur.

Group Leader
A pretty shit adaptation ngl. It served its purpose as a mid-quality manga adaptation of a beloved light novel series, but now with the existence of the anime, there is zero reason to read this.

The pacing, the art, the level of detail, all of it pales in comparison to the anime. It's supplementary material for those that already watched the anime/read the light novel, but it's so painfully mediocre that I can't really recommend this to anyone.

A pretty shit adaptation ngl. It served its purpose as a mid-quality manga adaptation of a beloved light novel series, but now with the existence of the anime, there is zero reason to read this.

The pacing, the art, the level of detail, all of it pales in comparison to the anime. It's supplementary material for those that already watched the anime/read the light novel, but it's so painfully mediocre that I can't really recommend this to anyone.
Man the anime for me is probably the best anime ADAPTATION I've ever seen. It truly makes the world feel alive & much larger than the events involving the characters we see the world through, and IMO does a very good job of making the MC's life pre-reincarnation & history of mental illness a part of the ongoing story. The only real downside to me is that I felt like it really ups the ante on the MCs pervy behavior compared to the other versions... which REALLY didn't need to happen, but alas...

Edit: I'm reaaaally hoping we get more than just the next season they've announced, bc based on what I read it's probably going to end right before the Big Reveal, & I'm really looking forward to both the manga & anime handling of that event...

I wonder what they'll do since the chapters right after the end of the anime aren't the greatest. I see some potential in it since the majority of it is shit; however, there is some redeemable things that can possibly be worth the episode or two worth of content.

Thanks to this im no longer a manga enjoyer, now i will read "real" books not trash like this, ohh only if i wouldnt go past ch 51 and sezon 1 of anime everything would be ok but no charakter development, ama go jump of a bed so long suckers

I might indeed be comparing apples with oranges, but you are being mad over a fictional character. You come here because you mad a fictional characters is doing things that are a crime in our world. Does this makes any sense to you?
They're crimes in real life Japan, the Japan depicted in the novel/manga/anime, and in the fantastical fantasy world that the MC is reincarnated into. Several characters gets disgusted by the MC's perverted behavior. As late as chapter 91 in the manga, it is acknowledged that forcing female students that have smaller chests to strip off their underwear is not acceptable. Hell, even the MC himself realizes this and acts quickly to defuse the situation, promptly returning a shoulder bag worth of panties. The same bag that was given to him, not because of some weird fantasy, strange cultural custom unique to this made up world - but exclusively because of MC's behavior and tendencies in the past.
Can't you just separate reality from fiction? It's not that hard.
Even if we wanted to separate reality from fiction, the internal logic of the fiction itself says stealing girls underwear is a big no-no. If stealing the underwear from your fellow female students was the equivalent of whistling a tune while walking down the hallway (aka totally okay, a nothing-burger), there's now way the MC would be summoned to the student council and he'd react the way he did once he realized what was in the bag he was gifted earlier.
The character has a personality that is disgusting and the author makes this character act like that. What exactly is wrong with this? He's not real, he's not saying for you to do the same, he's FICTIONAL CHARACTER. If this bothers you, don't read it, but no, you need to come here to tell people DON'T READ THAT BECAUSE I THINK ITS DISGUSTING!
You acknowledge and admit that the MC is indeed disgusting. I'm going to assume that you mean both to us the audience and to several characters within the fiction. And you ask what's wrong with that? Disgusting people are disgusting, unappealing, and revolting. It's a valid critique of the character. While we could just close the tab and go off on our merry way, we're still allowed to voice our opinion, comment on the work for others to read. And you're free to disagree, although standing up for a perverted pedophile, however fictional, is not a good look. But you do you buddy.
I just can't help but think about you going to the cinema watching a movie like, I don't know, the godfather, and saying everybody that they should not enjoy the movie because the MC its a manipulative asshole. HE KILLS PEOPLE, HE MANIPULATE HIS WIFE, YOU CAN'T ENJOY THIS!
The characters in the Godfather movies are bad people because they're gangsters who do bad things, and the narrative makes this abundantly clear. Vito wanted to keep his family and friends secure while providing form them, he turns to a life of crime to acquire the power to protect a peaceful and prosperous life. The irony and tragedy of it all is that the violent life of crime is incompatible with a peaceful life, it invites violence and endangers the very people he wanted to protect. Vito loses friends, even his sons. First Sonny, "look at how they've massacred my boy" and later Michael who instead of becoming a senator or whatever, ends up as the new Don. Hell, Michael loses his first wife in a car bomb that was meant for him. Vito's daugther loses her husband (Michael has him strangled instead of exiled). And that's just the first movie. There's two more of ironic tragedy and misery for these characters.
Learn how to separate reality from fiction. Its understandable that you don't find funny jokes about rape and pedophilie, hell yeah, this is not funny in real life, but theres no real life here, deal with it, not everybody has your values, not everybody has your sense of humor.
The MC knows that stealing underwear is not acceptable in the world he's reincarnated into, and that worshipping panties is weird, but continues to do so well into adulthood. Granted he does his worshipping in private, but as per chapter 91 of the manga, the guy has a shrine for a set of panties and goes through the whole clap-clap, bow routine that actual Japanese people do before shrines.
For you the story would be good if didn't had this stuff, for me is good this way. I much prefer a MC that its not a saint and has a lot of flaws, even things that makes me feel disgusted.
I agree that flaws make for better characters, but I still prefer characters that either overcome/outgrow their flaws or gets their due judgement by the story/plot because of their flaws (as in the Godfather trilogy). The MC not only retains this flaw that he's had since the beginning until almost 100 chapters into the manga, but at least a couple of occasions he's been indirectly rewarded for them. He's a grown man, both in body and mind (double mind if we include his 30-something years prior to reincarnation) so he's long overdue to having either outgrown his perverted tendencies or received his judgement because of it.

For example:
- MC tries to steal the panties of a sleeping Eris, gets caught and thoroughly kicked out. Not just for comic relief - more like, GTFO and if you show your face here ever again, Ghyslaine will cut you down dead. Bridges burned, character relations severely and permanently altered.

Option #1: MC sees the error of his ways, abandons that part of his old, pathetic self, and tries to make amends. Eris forgives and forgets. Their relationship is repaired, though they can never go back to where they once were.

Option #2: MC sees the error of his ways, abandons that part of his old, pathetic self, and tries to make amends. Eris does neither forgive nor forget. Their relationship is damaged beyond repair, forever lost.

Option #3: MC sees his mistake (he got caught), and doubles down on his perverted, pedophile behavior. Because he's the MC and it's just a funny little quirk, he gets away with it now that he's more careful. Collect all the panties like they're digimons, fuck all them 12-year-olds, and grope all those tiddies.

Option #4: MC does not see his mistake nor realize what he did was wrong. He still doubles down on his perverted, pedophile behavior. But despite being the MC in an isakai story, he inevitably fucks around and finds out. RIP. The end.

While all of these are valid, #3 would make me drop it and while #4 isn't that much better, I would respect the hell of an isakai that goes against the grain and kills their MC because he's such a perverted asshole that not even the powers of the genre can keep justifying his behavior.

Considering what was awaiting Eris if everything would go as it propably should (her being married to some old noble at best, being sold as slave later at worst), I think even she knows this and she allows that.
Like we all.
She also older by 2 years (at least, when you count only Six-Faced World ages).

Roxy was 40 years old when she met Rudeus, so she is same age. That case I think no one has any doubt?
And when he first met het, he considered her as an adult, so yea.

Sylphy.. well, while he was "grooming her" to be his perfect wife, it did not say enywhere he was planning to do anything to her until she was "of age". And, well, marriages of 18yo and 50yo are perfectly legal here, in our world, so yea, I don't see a reason why with her being 15 (legal age of isekai world) (if, of course, he would never veture to teach Eris, and stayed home, and no incident on the way) and him being mentally around 50 should cause any problems.
Ah, and why he even want to steal girls panties? Well... it is Japan thing. There is vending machine with used woman panties somewhere in Japan, and it is quite common thing in many stories, so.. kinda whatever I think.

Also to Eris - that was, at least to me, game they both were playing.
First, Rudeus trying to steal, getting beaten up, and... not giving up. Because that would show weakness to Eris, and show her that her beating would make effect.
While in normal condition it should be like that... imagine that with Eris. That she is proven that she can beat anyone and it would make "might make right". Yea, not a good idea.
Eris.. accepted it. She treated is as one of his flaws, that cannot be helped, but otherwise? She could ended up much worse. Instead, she got very strong, inteligent friend, who was looking after her, and one thing he wanted? To steal her pants? And it was, like, never put whole hearth in it (because if he would get serious, he would do it, and that would end very badly of everyone)? Yea, she can live with it.

Later, much later in LN, Rudeus... how to say it... mellowed out. While he was still some kind of pervert towards his wives (which is perfectly fine), he also knew some lines that he should never cross.
Because even if he is one of Great Powers, wrath on any of his wives is much stronger.

Also, last thing - don't forget, that Rudeus skipped like.. 20 years of human socialization? All that anwkard teenage phase? And learned from what, from shitty visual novels? Yea... that wasn't healty.

By no mean he was perfect good guy.
His younger years, up to depressed magican arc, he was almost like his father, Paul - shitty man. Even he admitted that.
Then, reunion with Sylphy, learning to live together. Later his sisters, and Roxy, and Eris.

He still learned from it, and become better.
Also note, that his little sister, because of Lilia, whole life wanted to have sex with him and have his kids, which he strongly opposed. Very strongly, and never yielded.
(Altough I do agree that if he was still in his pre-teen mind setting, around that time when he was teaching, and later traveling, with Eris, he propably would yield, if not jumped to this option.)
True, she later have success with his son, but that is fucked-up story for another time, one that I think will write of as part of "medieval setting and cousins marrying each other" thing.

Ah, and last one thing - remember what Eris father had said to Rudeus? That he would throw restrained Eris to Rudeus bed if Rudues would join him in his revenge path?
Now let me ask - who was more wrong here:
Philip, who offered his own 10yo daugher to 8yo boy
Rudeus, who refused it, even if he was later, by many times, caught trying to steal her panties?

He was not a perfect example of the man.
But what Mushoku Tensei tells us.. he growed up. He did gain a second chance, and while at first years he was behaving like hormone-bomb teen even if he had mind of 40yo guy (who, don't forget, never actually grow up, and knew sex from pictures and videos at best, and that isn't healthy!), he still grow up from that. Enough to have big, loving family.

Turn back, look at everything you did when you were in school. Or earlier. Was everything you did really good? Are you proud of everything you did back then? Like, every-single-thing?
I know I'm not.

What everyone needs to understand, that Rudeus spent.. 20years in limbo. Not-living, existing, not growing up. Partially of his own choices, partially of his parents, who weren't able to help them. Why, we will never knew. I honestly can't blame him that he become shut-in. I really can't. But that may be becuase I was near becoming shut-in, and I'm after some suicide attempts, which, I think, are step further.

Okay, now serious question - what happened to chapters 89 and 90? And why chapter 87 was today posted as "new" one?

Roxy was 40 years old when she met Rudeus, so she is same age. That case I think no one has any doubt?
And when he first met het, he considered her as an adult, so yea.
Wow... are you unironically using the "she's actually a 900 year old vampire" defense? While it is true that women IRL comes in all shapes and sizes, Ruby's first reaction to seeing her is, and I quote: "Lolikko Magician kita-" with the TL: If you don't know JP netslang, the kita is something "it's here", lolikko is "loli" + "kko" where kko means child. Chapter one, page 37 of the manga.

Ruby himself, sees her as a child and primarily through a sexual lens, hence the loli part. Like holy shit dude, take the L and admit that Ruby is (or at the very least was) a pedophile. While you're at it, you might also wanna say that pedophiles, fictional or otherwise, are sorry sacks of human beings.
Sylphy.. well, while he was "grooming her" to be his perfect wife, it did not say enywhere he was planning to do anything to her until she was "of age". And, well, marriages of 18yo and 50yo are perfectly legal here, in our world, so yea, I don't see a reason why with her being 15 (legal age of isekai world) (if, of course, he would never veture to teach Eris, and stayed home, and no incident on the way) and him being mentally around 50 should cause any problems.
Dude, my man, bruh... grooming is bad. Just full stop, okay? It doesn't have to involve anything physical for it to be bad. Like, let's hop over to dictionary.com and see what it means:

grooming​

noun
  1. the care of a body and its physical appearance, such as the personal hygiene routine of brushing one’s teeth or combing one’s hair, or the washing, brushing, etc., of a dog or horse: Grooming your dogs at home is less expensive than taking them to the groomer, if you can stand the wet dog smell and the hair that ends up everywhere.
  2. the act or result of preparing a trail for a specific use, such as skiing, biking, or hiking: Donation boxes have been posted at each trail to cover their grooming and other maintenance costs.
  3. the act or process of preparing someone to fill a position or role or to undertake an activity: The grooming of new personnel to handle additional responsibilities requires team leaders who will act as mentors and share constructive feedback.
  4. an act or instance of engaging in behaviors or practices intended to gradually condition or emotionally manipulate a victim over time, as through friendship, gifts, flattery, etc., in order to entrap the person in a sexually abusive or predatory relationship: The ongoing targeting and grooming of minors online shows that our safety protocols for children on the internet are insufficient.

Are you sure you still want die on the "grooming is okay as long as there's no touchy" hill?
Ah, and why he even want to steal girls panties? Well... it is Japan thing. There is vending machine with used woman panties somewhere in Japan, and it is quite common thing in many stories, so.. kinda whatever I think.
I don't handwave things I don't agree with just because it's a thing in a different country (or even fictional fantasy lands). It is still wrong to me and the values I hold to be true and important.
Also to Eris - that was, at least to me, game they both were playing.
First, Rudeus trying to steal, getting beaten up, and... not giving up. Because that would show weakness to Eris, and show her that her beating would make effect.
While in normal condition it should be like that... imagine that with Eris. That she is proven that she can beat anyone and it would make "might make right". Yea, not a good idea.
But... Eris does learn that her way of doing things doesn't work. The whole kidnapping scheme made it abundantly clear to Eris that there's always a bigger fish and she cannot treat every issue/situation with a hammer & nail mindset.
Eris.. accepted it. She treated is as one of his flaws, that cannot be helped, but otherwise?
Doesn't this go against the whole thesis of the story? If something cannot be helped, then it cannot be changed. Ruby cannot help but be a shut-in loser who can't even go outside. This will not change.
She could ended up much worse. Instead, she got very strong, inteligent friend, who was looking after her, and one thing he wanted? To steal her pants? And it was, like, never put whole hearth in it (because if he would get serious, he would do it, and that would end very badly of everyone)? Yea, she can live with it.
I suppose she could live with a partner that doesn't respect personal boundaries, but I'd argue that she shouldn't have to. There's no reason why she'd put up with Ruby's bullshit. Especially since she has all it takes to grow above and beyond needing to rely on Ruby's strength and intelligence to get by.
Later, much later in LN, Rudeus... how to say it... mellowed out. While he was still some kind of pervert towards his wives (which is perfectly fine), he also knew some lines that he should never cross.
Ruby has repeatedly crossed lines that shouldn't have been crossed. And story-wise, he doesn't get his due for it. It's why we're even having this conversation in the first place.
Because even if he is one of Great Powers, wrath on any of his wives is much stronger.
Played off for comedic effect, at least as far as the manga is concerned up until chapter 91. I'm pretty sure you know that if the story wanted to hold Ruby truly accountable for his reprehensible actions, it'd use something other than slapstick-humor to do so.
Also, last thing - don't forget, that Rudeus skipped like.. 20 years of human socialization? All that anwkard teenage phase? And learned from what, from shitty visual novels? Yea... that wasn't healty.
Yeah, and? When will Ruby outgrow this awkward teenage phase? This is all about a second shot at life, turning over a new leaf and refusing to be the sad, pathetic fuck that Ruby was prior to his reincarnation. Nearly 100 chapters in and Ruby is still worshiping Sylphy's panties. Complete with shrine and all.
By no mean he was perfect good guy.
His younger years, up to depressed magican arc, he was almost like his father, Paul - shitty man. Even he admitted that.
Then, reunion with Sylphy, learning to live together. Later his sisters, and Roxy, and Eris.
Acknowledgement of ones flaws is the first step to address them. It's something I guess. Now if Ruby would actually do something about it, like burn the panties that he worships like a holy relic from the Gods we would actually be getting somewhere.
He still learned from it, and become better.
Also note, that his little sister, because of Lilia, whole life wanted to have sex with him and have his kids, which he strongly opposed. Very strongly, and never yielded.
(Altough I do agree that if he was still in his pre-teen mind setting, around that time when he was teaching, and later traveling, with Eris, he propably would yield, if not jumped to this option.)
We're almost 100 chapters into the manga and our protagonist checks to see if sleeping next to his little sister gives him an erection (chapter 91, page 3). Because he KNOWS he has a thing for loli's. Don't believe me? Chapter 1, page 37. It is such a prominent characteristic/preference of his, that some of his peers go out of their way to steal underwear from a very specific demographic of female students as a gift to Ruby.

To add insult to injury, ruby clearly knows this is wrong by the standards of the fantasy world he's been reincarnated into, so he goes out of his way to quickly defuse/resolve the situation. So despite him being well aware that his preferences are not socially, culturally or legally acceptable, he continues to cling to that one set of panties. The lack of selfawreness is almost as mindnumbing as the lack of character growth.
True, she later have success with his son, but that is fucked-up story for another time, one that I think will write of as part of "medieval setting and cousins marrying each other" thing.
Oh God... is this the cencorship they're talking about with season 2? That can't be it, unless they compress the storielines and/or skip story arcs.
Ah, and last one thing - remember what Eris father had said to Rudeus? That he would throw restrained Eris to Rudeus bed if Rudues would join him in his revenge path?
Now let me ask - who was more wrong here:
Philip, who offered his own 10yo daugher to 8yo boy
Rudeus, who refused it, even if he was later, by many times, caught trying to steal her panties?
THEY'RE BOTH WRONG! Whoring your daugther for political gain is wrong. Slipping underwear off sleeping 12-year-olds as a 40-something mentally old man stuck in a 10-year-old boy's body is wrong.

Like stars and stone, why is this so hard to grasp?
He was not a perfect example of the man.
But what Mushoku Tensei tells us.. he growed up. He did gain a second chance, and while at first years he was behaving like hormone-bomb teen even if he had mind of 40yo guy (who, don't forget, never actually grow up, and knew sex from pictures and videos at best, and that isn't healthy!), he still grow up from that. Enough to have big, loving family.
I'm gonna call bullshit, because earlier you said that something cannot be helped. Remember that? Here, let me remind you. This is you:

Eris.. accepted it. She treated is as one of his flaws, that cannot be helped, but otherwise?​

So which one is it? Is Ruby perverted in a way that cannot be helped or can he outgrow it?
Turn back, look at everything you did when you were in school. Or earlier. Was everything you did really good? Are you proud of everything you did back then? Like, every-single-thing?
I know I'm not.
I made mistakes and I'm proud to say that I've learned from them, grown and become a decent adult. Not once did I try to slip panties off from a sleeping 12 year old girl. I've never stolen a pair of underwear in my life. And I've never, ever worhsipped the stolen panties. Let alone build a shrine to their honor. To top it all off, as much as I like big boobs, I've learned that there's a hell of a lot more to a woman than her mammary glands and it is a disservice/wrong to judge women's merits primarly by their cup size.

It really isn't too much to ask for that Ruby undergows a similar growth and improves as a person. But 91 chapters in, we're still revisiting panties worship and lolis.
What everyone needs to understand, that Rudeus spent.. 20years in limbo. Not-living, existing, not growing up. Partially of his own choices, partially of his parents, who weren't able to help them. Why, we will never knew. I honestly can't blame him that he become shut-in. I really can't. But that may be becuase I was near becoming shut-in, and I'm after some suicide attempts, which, I think, are step further.
There are a lot of systematic issues in Japan and that are unquie to Japan that can drive people to become shut-ins. These are factors that by and large are outside of the control of a single individual. They're socital issues, political, economic, cultural and therefore systematic. All that is fair.

However.

Ruby is no longer in Japan. He's been given a second shot at life through reincarnation into a fantasy world and very early on he seems to be determined to turn over a new leaf, to actually live and become a better person. This isn't something that is done over night (although the isakai genre more than anyt other speedruns this part of the story/character development). But he's, what? 15-20 years into his second life and he still have perverted tendencies? Chapter 91 has 3 whole pages dedicated to Ruby worshipping that panties he stole all the way back in chapter 3, page 23. Also in chapter 91, he checks for an erection after sleeping next to his baby sister.
Okay, now serious question - what happened to chapters 89 and 90? And why chapter 87 was today posted as "new" one?
This is a pirate site where volunteres scan, translate, and upload manga for free. Hic-ups in releases isn't uncommon and a small annoyance to pay considering what we get in return.

Last edited:
Don't have time to answer all that, but one thing - who is Ruby?
And second - if you are basing only on manga.. then first read LN. Then, and only then, we can talk seriously.
Like, seriously.

Also, you are totally forgeting, that manga skipped one important arc.. but then.. if you did not read LN, you may not know that.

And, well, "selling your kids for [thing]" - it wasn't wrong, not so long time ago. It become wrong recently.
Remember that slavery exist, in Rudeus new world, and in ours - even if it is now hidden in ours.
Now we think it is wrong. But ask someone from 2-3 hundres years ago - you sure what they will answer you? What about thousand years? Still sure?
Slavery is wrong now. It may become "good" in future. Saying something is "good" or "bad" is very cultural thing.

Users who are viewing this thread