Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~

Fed-Kun's army
@tlumin
Thatsucks. If his character doesnt change that would be very annoying. and i dont have time to watch anime

@NihilistNeet
Good point. It is dumb
Its just that i am very fucking stubborn. If i find something that i dont like but is popular, i always just try to find a reason why the majority love it rather than accept the fact that i am in the minority. So whenever i see this manga in top 7day list, it confuses my brain because "a lot of people like it, it got very good rating for a fantasy manga, so it MUST be great" but then finding the experience rather unpleasant everytime i try getting into it

for the LN's, just download them from jnovels.com, it looks sketchy, but hey, you can donwload up to volume 7 of the LN rn

I seriously get brain damage whenever i see people ask alot of times for the same link, if you wanna read the wn/ln just search it up for the love of god it's not hard to find

@ImDanGrow Understandable. Though I still believe that it's better to chill with something else instead of trying to figure out something that has no value/doesn't bring you any joy.

Also:
just try to find a reason why the majority love it
I hope I don't end up writing an essay here but here goes why, at least for me.

I like worldbuilding.
Japanese LNs and manga, usually, lack that. This story has a lot of lore, and much of it is either explained through the eyes of the MC while he's growing up, some other bits of lore we learn as we go, and of course, sometimes we get heavy exposition dialogs. Point is, we know how their world works, and it feels cohesive.

We know how the magic system works, how they cast a spell (we even get a step by step guide - instead of random magic circle that just works, or an entity inside MC's body therefore -> MC can shoot lasers ), we know about different races and their language (most stories don't even bother with this, everyone understands each other's language, regardless of where they go or how far they travel), their politics, and more.

I also like characters that have to put some effort, instead of those that immediately get everything handed over to them.
The MC is mentally messed up. He was too fat to fit in, and too ugly. Got himself bullied and traumatized. At age 30+ he was a broken, sexually frustrated mess of a virgin, with extreme anxiety, literally to the point of no return.
He became a HikiNEET (like a Japanese incel) and developed a twisted personality as a result. Even though he has struggled for decades with his mental demons, he became complacent licking his own wounds and leeching of his relatives, instead of putting an effort to change and better himself (the dude was fapping to visual novels while everyone else was mourning his relatives' death ffs).
On top of that, the dude was too broken and too arrogant to both seek nor accept help, and yet... despite all this, when he's finally outside after decades of being a disgusting hermit, he died trying to save someone.

Personally, I can't relate too much to him (despite my username lol) but I do get the bullying part, and the becoming complacent part, and the being lazy instead of putting real hard effort into achieving something. It's way easier to blame the way you look, or the money you have, or society for your suffering. Changing and bettering yourself takes time, effort, and sometimes it doesn't even yield the results you want or expect. His story isn't something too unrealistic, actually, I think that it resonates even more nowadays than it did when the webnovel was written in 2012.

Either way, my point is, if you ever felt regret about something you did, or maybe if you said this to yourself: wish I could start over/wish I could go back in time and try again, you will like the story, because it feels rewarding. It feels rewarding because you get to see someone (that you would probably dislike and dismiss in real life) at the lowest point of his life, slowly changing, recovering, trying, and putting genuine effort into living life to the fullest.

If you can't relate nor care for any of that then, the story isn't for you. If you're here for the fights, there aren't that many. And if you're here for an overpowered MC, this isn't the right MC for that either.

TL;DR

MC is a flawed human, he feels like 4ch user that you can learn to like. Also this is a complex and cohesive world, instead of the (ironically and most likely directly plagiarized from this very LN) cookie cutter: big titty goddess got you isekai'ed! You're now perfect in every way and live in generic Europe! Here have level 999 gear, go get a harem, and conquer this bland world without any effort.

SO MANY MISSING CHAPTERS!
I had to legit hit another site to try and actually read this after I hit chapter 2.

I know it'll be a spoiler so it will need a tag, but could anyone tell me- is this up to a point where Reudeus (RG forward) has like reconnected or like at least discovered identities or whatever crap like that.
I decided to take a break around when RG
went to the academy or whatever it was called
I think those reading will get what I mean even though I wasn't particularly eloquent there......

Fed-Kun's army
@AcKyuubi
An amazing manga?
Probably Vagabond. Its my all time favourite. Sucks that it probably will never finish tho..

In my opinion, the new magic school arc is lacking and brought down the series in general.
Redeus uses a high level water spell and rapidly improves at magic, but in the end all he needed was an intermediate spell to kill the demon lord? Fitt/Sylvy's hesitance to tell Redeus her identity, is just dragging the calamity out.
In general I just feel like this series has went from an action driven plot to a less entertaining school arc.

I still like the series! Just not as enthusiastic now, especially with the rate it releases and how short they are.

Power Uploader
The most boring arc I've ever seen, Fitts is literally dumb asf for not telling Rudeus the truth. Like what the shit, how can you be so stupid? In any case, I hope they fast forward this dumb arc, I really really really really want to see Rudeus reuniting with his family as a whole, bring back that SoL feel! This school life crap needs to end asap.

Group Leader
@Arin-san i completely agree with you. At the very least there is still a lot of development ahead, judging by the amount of content the novel has.

It boggles my mind how people defend the pedophilia of Rudeus, simply because the girls he molested and groomed forgive him. This story fuckin grosses me out.

Aggregator gang
Where the fuck is chapter 7 ? sometimes I wonder why this fucking website even exists...

@Kim-Dokja what really gets me is the rating. People can like trash, whatever, everyone reads trash from time to time- but how in the hell is this thing so highly rated and followed?

Even after excusing the pedo content, grooming, covering for his two-timing dad by claiming he raped his maid (why???), and just general borderline rape-y vibes (which, really, you shouldn't excuse any of this stuff either)... the story, dialogue, characters are all so incredibly inanely bland and boring. There is absolutely no real threats to the MC in this story and he's yet another OP socially inept and morally bankrupt character with the personality of wet cardboard. It's like reading some trash Gary Stu fanfic written by neckbeard 4chan basement dwellers. It's bad.

The only isekai series perhaps worse than this one are Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo, which actually features rape/slavery and endorses it, or that one series about toilet powers or whatever. All 1 star series cause that's as low as you can go.

man this the typa stuff i read for the popularity not really for the plot or anything really I don't come back to visit until months later tbh since... it just meh

I don't really care about all paedophiliac, rapist, and other deplorable acts or traits that being criticise this story for; mainly because I understand this is fiction and unlike a few I don't read manga or books because I want my psyche to break and "ascend" (honestly, some people I've seen say everything is trash and I think this is their thought process??) This is fiction, I don't read it because I want something that is ethical, honestly I don't care about ethics (Attack on titan is honestly good and it has cannibalism and genocide???) when it comes to fiction because if it has horrible ethics but a story that makes me want to read on, then it's done it's purpose and become an enjoyable piece of literature. With that said, I am disgusted by the cliché of rape, lolicons, and such in reality. In short, the stories that intrigue me or I enjoy reading do not reflect my personal ethics and I believe this manga can be used as a good example of that.

I enjoy the story, the relatable character (before he was reincarnated) and the worldbuilding in the first third of the manga, however as soon as the teleportation incident occurs the story goes downhill fast. I had to stop reading because I just couldn't enjoy the extreme change in setting, it was already kind of downhill from when he met Eris and his uncle, especially when the uncle started saying random shit that made no sense and the family started feeling kind of obsessive with Rudy. Then the flash incident, not only does the orb get it's first mention (at least from memory? I don't believe it was mentioned any earlier) just before something big happens, it's stated that it was noticed five-years prior and this just feels super lazy to me, not only do I not understand the purpose of the flash incident nor the introduction of hitogami? from what I can research the flash incident is unexplained and so is hitogami largely, other than that he might be the reincarnation of death? or the offspring from it's corpse or something. This all combined with the fact the entire Fittoa region disappeared just makes the story feel like some extreme manga filler was needed and instead of giving some sort of sensical or even slightly understandable explanation the author just decided to start a whole new story on the demon continent. like honestly a bit of rewriting and from the flash incident to chapter 22 (the last chapter I'll read) could become an independent story on it's own about saving the reputation of a misunderstood race while the protagonist is haunted by some self-proclaimed godly entity.

In summary, if you're complaining about the disgusting yet cliché lolicon and so tropes this story has, don't read it. It isn't hard, no one forced you to click onto here, just do your business of giving it a poor rating or completely forgetting it exists and leave. If you're the other side that thinks this story is amazing, than congratulations. I can't relate as I explained previously , and finally if you're the side that agrees somewhat with me, then hello there!

@unknownfactor it is because of the light novel being good and the best and if not one of the best isekai light novels and also that the manga is adapting it poorly or so people say but so far I can say that yes our character is trash but I think you are suppose to empthasize with his growth as a person and overcoming his past trauma more than his characteristics.

Hey, if you're new please don't read this. Please read the light novel instead. 6 months ago I read this, and it was a little average. Suddenly, an anime for it was coming up and i was getting into light novels. So I thought, "Why the hell not?". It's an entirely different book, and i highly recommend it. I'm on volume 5, and so far, it has 10x more content then the manga. Please read the light novel first, and sure if you're a big fan of it after, read this. But you'll be sorely disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread