Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 3 Ch. 51

Dex-chan lover
Imagine what could you do with 4 hands...

Dex-chan lover
Meh. Never mind the arms, her ability to manipulate objects from a distance looks more rad to me.

0f2.png

Dex-chan lover
Hold two controllers playing two different games, object manipulation to text on your phone, and you can even pull up gamefaqs on a keyboard. Sounds amazing...

Dex-chan lover
I won't go ahead and claim I'm an expert in neurology, but I imagine that having more limbs than a human means that the brain will have less capacity to handle all the nerve endings and signals. Having more doesn't mean you just have more, surely you also have to sacrifice something.
I recall someone saying something similar about Centaurs, about how it's improbable for a human brain to handle human+horse bodies all at once.

Group Leader
@Solipsist
It might seem difficult or impossible for us to have more limbs because we only have 4 (2 arms, 2 legs), but there are plenty of animals and insects that deal with many more appendages just fine. Studies has also shown that handling an extra limb is not difficult for a human and can actually become second nature, much like someone with a prosthetic mechanized arm.

Dex-chan lover
@KazuyaKan
I am also aware that when a part of the body is cut, like a thumb, that part of the brain which was responsible for "thumb movement" was adapted into doing something else.
Which now makes the question, whether or not having that 3rd limb will reduce certain abilities from oneself because those areas are now dedicated to a 3rd limb, or they wouldn't be any noticeable differences.

Dex-chan lover
Or maybe the brain might actually grow new cells in a miraculous response to the increased load, if said load comes in at a sufficiently young age.

Dex-chan lover
I just assume since she was likely born with four arms, her body is entirely designed to handle having them in the first place. Demons seem to be physically superior to humans by a wide margin, and we can assume a fairly different brain and nervous system to control their powers and such. No reason to really over think this. They're not human, so don't think about their bodies with human bodies in mind.

Fed-Kun's army
There was an experiment I read about some years ago where electrodes were implanted into the brain of a monkey. The electrodes were connected to servos in a stationary robotic arm and after training the monkey was able to feed itself a treat with the robotic arm while its own limbs were bound so as to be immobile. This is the same thing as a swordsman saying his sword "becomes a part" of their arm. New senses can also be added the same way, and there are experiments that prove it. The brain will simply rewire itself to incorporate new connections. It's also completely possible for a person to survive with literally half a brain, the remaining cells rewire and fill out the work (though this is rare). This is also why a blind person has a greater grasp or resolution of sound.

So yes, permitting miracle medical science or crazy cybernetic implants of the future, you COULD have an extra pair of functioning arms under your control.

i love how people here arguing whether or not extra limb would be a problem (i'm on the side that think it wouldn't btw) while casually ignoring that multitasking might not be that easy

Users who are viewing this thread