Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 4 Ch. 80

Dex-chan lover
Add the decrypted text on the side, and the encrypted as main. Encrypted text adds to her character, but i would like to know what she's saying too

Just like the last chapter, i think that was the best option

I agree with darekpawlo. That would be the best way to read and understand, yet retain the flavor of the characters.

Double-page supporter
Is it that she just talks quietly or is there something in the original that has her also having a regional dialect/accent?
Maybe lay off a little on some of the accent, but also include normal text in the margins if there is an accent. If she is talking quietly, try dropping the font size a little, 0.5-1, but not enough to make it unreadable.

I mean, the raws specifically communicate that she’s speaking with an accent, right?

Fed-Kun's army
I like being able to read what she says without needing to translate it myself, but I also know that her way of speech is part of the story
While I dont want massive margins for what she says, is it possible to have 2 pages, one clean one 'real' when what she says couldnt fit in a margin?

I think if the accent could be a bit lighter, so we don't need a separate translation just for it, but still have it as an accent, that'd be the best. As it is now, it's a bit annoying having to decipher what she's saying, but just writing it like the accent doesn't even exist would be weird.

Lighten the accent or go full hard Irish . Since usually those 2 if you get these kind of character .

Dex-chan lover
I second keeping the accent and letting us confused muggles know the meaning at the side of the page.

I prefer the Scottish, but maybe don’t go full “nae spickin” with it like it sometimes has in the pazf.

Dex-chan lover
Ayyy. I'm a French guy, so the Scottish accent is a bit odd for me to read (I can still manage though!), but if you can make it softer, I'd appreciate it.

Dex-chan lover
I like the accent style, it lets us know shes talking different from everyone else, just tone it down a bit so it's easier to read

I went through rigorous training by the Moles of the Redwall series back in my youth, so I'm fine reading the phonetic accents.

But I'd second @darekpawlo suggestion as the compromise I'd prefer of character personality vs enjoyability for all readers.

Users who are viewing this thread