Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 5 Ch. 107 - By Your Side

@nocosttogreat It is said earlier in the manga that there was indead a war between humans and demons. The war however is over, and humans won, partially thanks to the anti-demonization gas.

Humans allowed the demons to remain in control of a small area, which is a human city in ruin. Demons that wish to intregrate to human society can do so, if they can get a license, like Lorem or Merii. There's also still lone demons roaming around, or organised in hidden place, like the grotto, which is a place specificaly for water demons, like Fuuga or Seira.

The reason why so many demons are orphans (all of them so far, except for Gospel) is that as a rule, demons don't stick together. Or in very small groups, like maybe siblings. It's not far fetched to think parents leave their children at a young age.

There is lesser demons that can't really do much more than humans, like Teresa or Eliza, and those seems to be the target of demon traffickers, probably to be sold off to humans wishing to have a demon without the risk of having them use their powers.

There's no real demon society, again, they prefer to say alone. This seems however to be changing, and is a theme of the manga.

All of what I have written are things that happened or were said in the already translated chapters.

Double-page supporter
@Khraxter
Anti Human Faction Boss's daughter isn't an orphan. Neither are Helga or her dad, while he was still alive.
And technically neither is Dolores, I guess, cos she abandoned her parents and not vice versa.

@HDMI1 What are u talking about? They are clearly sisters...

https://mangadex.org/data/f6ddca7ae82dbf382e5b2b9b5da6de87/b10.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Cute! For those who've read further along than the translation, if Dolores is tsuntsun towards the little assistant kid now, does she ever go deredere for him later, or will she always be ragging him?

Aggregator gang
Spoiled little sister? NO

EXTREMELY CLINGY little sister? YES

Dex-chan lover
I can't stand characters like Dolores. It's fine for her to grow into being a responsible character, but her treatment of that kid is just disgusting. And why is nobody calling her out on it? For fuck's sake, Teresa, she's your sister, have her show some respect to her colleague. I feel so bad for the boy, and I'd totally understand if he quits his job over this. Poor guy.

Dex-chan lover
At least he's fighting back. And the fact she can only retort with childish insults shows how incompetent she is. She sucks at the job, she's rude as hell, insubordinate, why keep her around? She's toxic for the work environment. Like to see you try and fight him head on, bitch. Bet you would lose to him, watch him be a hidden power house.

Users who are viewing this thread