Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 6 Ch. 132 - A New Start

Dex-chan lover
@Zero2Hero372 Though the “(big titty) girlfriend” part is what the translator made up. In the original she says eroi nee-chan, which would just mean something along “sexy woman”.

Dex-chan lover
While it's cute to see Merii and Chi do their thing, there is unfortunately a severe lack of Gospel cuteness this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@MrMushroom she was always well endowed, and in the first chapters she wore baggier clothes, but yes, all characters are slowly inflating...

Thanks for the translation. Keep up the good work of spreading Gospel's cuteness.

Dex-chan lover
uhoh
what past do you hide Chiharu
Also what is happening with your ahoge i swear its just slowly getting bigger and bigger

Dex-chan lover
@xxsaznpride
although i'm not exactly against some frivolous translations, but "Mazoku no eroi nee-chan" would be much closer to "Sexy lady-demon". "Girlfriend" in translation is too implied, almost as if bunny hinting at their relationship, or how they look together. Although it's not far from truth, if original sentence imply that - i would prefer to not add such nuance either. And about "eroi/sexy", well... although Merii is well-endowed in that particular department, it's not always about breasts :)

Dex-chan lover
@Beregorn @MrMushroom
i suggested this a while back

chiharu wasn't exactly stacked before. in fact, she was (comparatively) flat. since the heal her body has changed pretty significantly. not just bust, but hips too. honestly tho, it's most likely due to artist evolution rather than plot.

in early chapters when she's not wearing a coat, she looks pretty average. if you skip to, say, the beach chapter, it's almost unrecognizable. ahoge also changes with chapter

@xxsaznpride @Med1um
i agree that using 'girlfriend' here seems to change connotation, but i'm no jp anything, so i dunno if this is stylistic or bunny is actually implying an intimate relationship

Dex-chan lover
Chii's ahoge looks like is suffering a case of flanderization.

Dex-chan lover
@nobaka
no, in original bunny just used "nee-chan", which is quite free interpretation of any woman that older than you. It doesn't apply anything, even relatively close relationship. Wouldn't Chiharu and Merii know each other, and just meet there first time - sentence would still be the same.

So i'm quite against using "girlfriend" here. Cause even if it's not about some especially close relationship, it still has implication on close relation that absent in the original. But well, who am i to judge? I'm just glad that work is being translated, so i would just suck it up and jsut let the translator to do what he want :)

Dex-chan lover
@Med1um
yeah i just didn't know about the rest of the text

besides, @xxsaznpride has always seemed pretty receptive to comments like this in the past, even if he doesn't make changes. it's pretty refreshing, imo

Double-page supporter
A considerably larger pair of mountains for our Human MC
Probably just an art evolution

I don't like to be that guy, but when have we met bunny demon before?

@nobaka @med1um (edit: adding a ping for @Gunlord500 because this is an expansion of the answer I gave you)
I posted about this a little here, but will explain further.
In Japanese culture, you would NOT be speaking to someone like this when meeting them for the first time. Least of all someone who is (from the college's perspective) as utterly mindblowingly dickshittingly amazing as Chiharu.
How is she speaking, you ask? A) it sure as fuck isn't keigo. B) it isn't even desu/masu. C) It also isn't normal casual speak. Therefore, it's D) her trying way too hard to be cool.
To the point that Merii leans over to Chiharu and makes that comment.

The two are fucking cringing at the sound of her.

Which is why I translated her lines as I did. "Big titty goth GF" has been a meme phrase for a while now, which is why it's in there for "魔族のエロイ姉ちゃん”. IMO it actually fits really well. Chiharu is only "wild" instead of "wildin'" (Black American slang since forever) because I didn't want to change the shape of the text. "Totes" has been around forever as a contraction of the word "totally" (ex. "totes my goats").
Also,
Bunny breaks character and starts speaking like a normal human being next chapter
, so I 100% stand by my stylization.
(edit 2:

...also, I almost wrote Bunny's line in pg.70 panel 2 to be "Yoo, you really are a pogchamp freshie."
Do with this information what you will.

@Human_the_2nd
Your question will be answered next chapter.

Double-page supporter
What on earth is going on with Bunny's hair in that last frame?

Group Leader
@nobaka her changing slowly to thicc with big ahoge, is truly part of plot i believe. since her body has been altered when temporarily merged with merii's from the demonitis flu time, it could pretty much be her slowly transforming... (when you get dna-level changes, first thing to fall are hairs, and since the first thing that changed has been her hair color...)

Users who are viewing this thread