Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Band-aid

Man... reading the comments makes me feel like I have lost my mind. The father is in complete control of whatever happens the rest of the manga. He does not need to follow the HS girl around like she has a gun to his head. He is just a horny, creepy bastard who needs to look for someone his fucking age. This manga is so incredibly icky, I don't know if I will be able to make it through.

Dex-chan lover
A good path......

Anyway, that ero scene was pretty well done, I really liked it

Dex-chan lover
I really sympathize with the father. Honestly, both his company and daughter seem kinda shitty.

Chances are Kii-chan is probably damaged goods too. She already hinted in this arc that her mom is controlling to. She likes the father because they are in the same boat. She has to fake being the perfect daughter and student while he is supposed to be the perfect father and company man.

Looks like the only time they get to be themselves is with each other. I also guess that Kii-chan maybe lost her father? Girls often look for guys that remind them of their fathers if they are absent for whatever reason.

What she think of you, dude. PATHETIC that's what she thinking. Like, hello! She must take revenge on her parents and want to see the world burn.
Dude should beware if his daugter wouldnt became the same with his neglect.
Funny ppl can trash the daughter and sympathy with this "friend". Aint they just the same with different situations.

The daughter lost a parent. Losing an intimate social contact at such an age is devastating. True, most would've been able to process their grief well, cope with the loss, and move on. Unfortunately, most does not mean all. Some are unable to, and the daughter is an example. Because of her mental and emotional situation, she is unfeeling of the emotions of others and the help they provide or wish to provide, sometimes taking for granted what is provided. Only after others withdraw from her as well will she either realize their efforts or realize further abandonment.
The father lost a wife. He is overworked. His daughter is unwell. He feels unappreciated. True, he works hard to care for his daughter and succeed in his work. This is how he decided to cope with the initial loss. However, his 'focus' does not compensate for what is actually needed for him to do. Supporting family economically does not equate to supporting them emotionally. He also decided to raise her daughter alone despite offered help from relatives, partly ego and also partly because it is his way of keeping control of his circumstance. His inability to adequately cope makes him do things he would otherwise not do, and seek approval from those who would willingly give it with little regard for the ramifications.
The friend seems to have domestic problems as well. Having a strict family with a domineering or controlling parental figure may have led her to become rebellious and seek behaviors where she is in control. Having parents who constantly surveil you can lead to a loss of sense of privacy, which is important at this age, and pushes her to keep secrets instead. Again, most would be able to work through this healthily, but most does not mean all. Her 'attraction' to the father may have underlying causes, but I don't know at this point.

TL;DR They all deserve certain amounts of sympathy and understanding. The amount you can afford depends on the biases one inherently has for people with the characters' circumstances and one's ability to have an impartial perspective. There are better options to deal with things, true, but alas, humans don't exactly choose the better option every single time. For the characters, they chose not ideally.

Dex-chan lover
MC FAILED as a father. No way around it this time. Yeah, he got caught up in the moment; left everything behind in a lapse of judgement and stress. The one person that gives you peace kisses, and you're attracted to her(despite the age thing). Not the right thing to do, ethically at least, but understandable, given his circumstances, even if those circumstances were the result of his own making.

But the moment you saw your daughter call, the ONE time she finally breaks a bit out of her shell to talk to you after all this time, you should have immediately moved the girl aside and answer the phone. Is this Kisaragi girl more important than your own daughter?

The daughter was a lost cause and needed to realize she was being selfish in front of the dads hospitality.
The dad and the friend leaving everything for a moment, could ruin what can happen for the next week or month or year.
"This one min right now is going to change 10 years of your future" (How To Fight -Comic Ch57)

The dad was super lonely no one being on his side and the daughter hid from life.
Of course the girl fell in love with a man that suits her, better than the annoying customers, since she is like a mother type.

Users who are viewing this thread