Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Each Person's DInner

Dex-chan lover
Did not realize it was a different group until that credits page.

Here I am, still convinced nothing is going to happen due to all the other juicy opportunities completely passed up. Author is gonna skirt the edge the whole way and then end it nicely, probably.

Some irony in kouhai stating that she's annoyed by people who "live how they like" but trouble others while she's being pretty intrusive herself.

The daughter's boyfriend looks shady as fuck.
Get the feeling that this guy's gonna be a big problem in the upcoming chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I'm seriously puzzled and even disgusted by all the Miya hate.

We're talking about a teenage girl who's been clinically depressed by the loss of her mother, and who has for a long time felt like she couldn't connect with her father or anyone else. She has recently undertaken efforts to put her life back on track and mend fences with her father, and the two wholeheartedly promised to be more open and empathetic with each other...

... instead of which her father is not only clearly hiding things from her, but is also constantly coming home late and may actually have something like an affair with none else than her best friend. Obviously she's going to feel lost and betrayed.

So I really don't understand why there's so much condescension and vitriol toward her.

Fed-Kun's army
LMAO that damn last page, I thought this was Mangasushi. But seriously, every chapter from this series really gets me hooked

@mismarca the problem is mainly the age difference but for miya it's likely mainly how her father is recently coming out of a relationship with his wife who died. Every teenager is different, of course, I have heard some teens actually support their parents into seeking relationships after 1 or 2 years since the one of them died, but perhaps miya is thinking that her dad just up and went to get a new girl as soon as her mom died and, to top it off, went for her best friend who is still a high school girl (possibly around 16). This is after she already went into a depressive phase from thinking her father didn't care about his family and saw more importance to his work to the point she shut herself off everyone IRL. After she finally opens up to him again and tries to reconciliate after what's been around a year since she properly left her room. She is currently going through a lot of emotional problems, and now finds out that Dadddy-oh is trying to get into her best friend's skirt, although it's actually the best friend trying to get into his pants but Miya doesn't knows that and doesn't knows how much the dad did try to turn down kii-chan's advances toward him.

@Scytale yeah, it feels like people really hate her too much. Like, I can understand why people would dislike her for rejecting her dad's attempt to reconciliate before but I also understand where miya is coming from.

Fed-Kun's army
@kazu19 what im gettign at is, before she couldn't care less what her dad was up to. All of a sudden she's up in his business...

First her mom dies and now she has to deal with the fact that her dad’s a pedophile who’s seeing her childhood friend. I feel so bad for her...

Users who are viewing this thread