Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 6 Ch. 45 - Human

Group Leader
@momojojo Thank you so much for taking the time to point out my error, which is indeed obvious in meaning, but I went back and checked why I made that error, and I can see why my, now: https://imgur.com/a/9nSaDTb . I may have to work on a higher page zoom level to avoid similar mistakes, lol

I wanted to reply more individually, but I kinda had to go to work, so I was in a hurry, lol, sorry for bunching up your reply! I appreciate your help really! I actually managed to squeeze in the fix and upload it in the meantime. Thanks again!

Group Leader
@Alice Even if you're negative, you're at least arguing. I'm sorry I can't understand the language readily enough to yield perfect results, but i have given it a lot of time in my life over the last 15 years, so i don't think i'm 100% clueless. the reason why i keep working on this manga is, like @GTX1080Ti mentioned (thanks for your comment, you're right, it is a process, and i do feel like i have improved on every chapter i take on), i really love it and i'm motivated to translate it. simple.

i HAVE taken on another project, one that had been abandoned for about a year, and while i did manage to painstakingly translate a chapter myself (it's much more text-heavy than this one), i then got some help and we're now pushing forward as a two-man-cell. it's Watashi no Shounen btw. these two manga are some of my favorite ongoing ones!

if you want, i can tell you how i work, but i'm sure you don't care. it's not something i've learned anywhere or anything, but it's what i could come up with. i do use OCR and translators, but i'm not blindly copy+pasting. i analyze all sentences to the best of my capacity.

Group Leader
As for everyone who's appreciated this chapter, thank you for the nice comments!

Some good insight from Kousuke to Koto, also very "from the heart". Loved it! Can't wait to do the next one!

@maelstroon sorry for late reply, just done some search on google. It was called "After the Rain" or "Koi wa Ameagari no Yō ni" by Jun Mayuzuki

Group Leader
I don't really want to chime in because I get that people want to give back to the community. But the bare minimum required to translate should be to at least have comprehension of the text you're reading. Then being able to google/chiebukuro (and read) anything specific that isn't in a standard Japanese dictionary.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao I don't see the problem with the translations. This isn't some 5Head manga, you can skim this shit and pick up basically everything worthwhile lol.

Dex-chan lover
This is another example of why generalised people into archetype is, while somewhat practical, far from perfect. Nine out of ten relationship between middle aged widowed men and HS girls with personal complex would be abuses, but that tenth man would be far better adult in her life than her own parents.

A bit for her father, he's not exactly wrong, but how about trying to his daughter a bit more? His actions seems to me like, minimal passable effort, easily can be be worse or better.

Dex-chan lover
@Kalamel Well put. I'd add that in this case it's symbiotic, before he met her he was on the verge of going insane. It's a rare case of the adult needing the child.

Group Leader
@Kalamel that's really what i keep telling people when i talk about these kinds of stories. i always find so unfair that atypical relationships are immediately treated as abuse because with most people it would be abuse, but it automatically chastises the ones that are genuine and where there are mutual benefits.

@NEONBLISS And thank you for taking the time to tell me! Everyone that appreciates this is the reason why I keep doing this, it's fun for me as well.

@Lithe It's one of the reasons why I'm daring to do it even though I am fully aware that I might be messing up details here and there. I do my best and I ask nice contacts for help when I need and can!

@youkari you're probably right. for example, i certainly wouldn't dare to work for someone to translate Japanese. it's not a skill i consider i possess. it's something i want to acquire, and i'm working on it. however, i think i have some skills that allow to partially compensate, and i can do everything else that's required to scanlate, like cleaning up, typesetting, etc. so why not?

i'm not pretending to have the most accurate version for sure!

Dex-chan lover
lel, her mom's reaction channeling some Mr. Bouvier vibes:
23a9a684-3a5d-4354-a98c-78cfcff610be_text.gif

Users who are viewing this thread