Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 6 Ch. 50 - Questioning

Dex-chan lover
@Macarena
He always was a good boy following what others told him how to do and now those are not willing to take care of their teachings.
He's got to save himself. Nobody cares about him:
His daughter doesn't cares.
His company doesn't care.
When's he's drowning Koto cares.

What happens?
Now everyone cares what's going on but don't care about MC.

@Kuroageha Well, I disagree with most of what you wrote. We don't know much of Kousuke before he met Koto, so I don't think it's fair to say he has always been a good boy. I do think he's been really good at hiding things and doing what's "expected" of him, which is what pressured him so much he got to this point.
Also, I don't even think he's at a point in which he's trying to help himself. He knows he's stressed and wants to vent, but he's still trying to be what's expected of him (trying to "help" Koto, when it seems to be that he only wants to be with her because she makes him feel better), the poor dude needs help, but he's throwing himself into shit.
We could argue a lot about Miya, so I'm not gonna go into that.
His company is a complex point, they do overwork him and his coworkers/subordinates seem to think of him as a pushover, but when push came to shove, they did try to talk with him regarding the mail instead of firing him right then and there, which would have saved them a lot of extra work.
Lastly, regarding Koto, with this chapter right here, we now know that Koto doesn't care that much. If she did she would have defended him, which is what Kousuke expected, the dude told her she ought to face her mother and get him out of this pickle, we know how that went. She's a child and she barely knows what she's supposed to do. Also, it seems to be that she wants to control Kousuke, one way or another, I'm sure we'll see the reasons for that in the future, but that was interesting.

Why does she dont tell them the truth? What is the goddamn purpose of not talking?
I mean, i get it. You'r mom have controlling mania, so you're scared to say anything. But just one word, and you will prevent a ruined life of a innocent man. Not to mention that you are the one that started all this shit!

Dex-chan lover
@KazumiSangaku

Don't get me wrong. I didn't say she intended to betray him, and I understand that she is not really the same as active Koto she is when she isn't with her abusive mother. The author drew her blank eyes of a puppet to clarify that. But nevertheless from outside pov, including his pov, she didn't defend him for what that was partly consequence of her actions. That is equivalent of betrayal, even it's unintended. After all, when she has to choose her side, she went with her mother even after reaping benefit from him. The author even drew symbolism of that.

And unfortunately, as you said she is traumatised by her mother, but everyone except him, especially that policewoman blame all mental trauma to him.

Her submission to her trauma can be interpreted in two different ways. First is that she is a teenager who still not equipped with mental immunity to overcome that trauma, which would excuse her from her actions, but in the same reasoning would put other two traumatised adults that can't overcome their at fault. Another way is to see her as a people with developed mentality equal to an adult, but admitted that there are some trauma that even adults cannot overcome easily, which would excuses all of them. I'm pretty certain that most adults here knows which ones fit the reality, but also knows which way society and laws works.

Edition
@starlightcitypro

I'm tagging you there to say that while you are right about what they did and what they can do, you are just putting Kousuke in the same bin that psychopathic pedophile belongs, but I disagree that it is right to easily just put him there. That would be injustice of listening to just one side.

Let me clarify, he did wrong, no argument here. As you said, everything would not happen if he stopped her. The problem is, is he mentally capable of stopping her in his situation?

Everyone in this manga is heavily traumatised, both daughters and their parents. In a way, everything would not be this bad if just ONE of them capable of doings the right thing despite of his/her trauma. Am I wrong here?

If Kousuke is 100% wrong and is a true pedophile here, he'd also readily flirting with other girls. But thing went the way it was because Koto being uncommonly bold first and continually insistent. I'm not victim blaming here. He tried to stop her already but she isn't normal girl that would be stopped with just that, but she was seeking someone to vent off her trauma. That's pretty much justifiable, especially considering she is still young. Unfortunately, her chosen person is also traumatised and cannot properly guide her, and can only be source of her validation that escalate badly. In a way, both of them exploited each other weakness, unintended as it is.

What Kousuke did that is most wrong in my opinion is that he didn't seek a psychotherapist. But considering his character of trying to be normal in eyes of other, which only intensified by his stress after his wife passed away, to the point that he didn't even thinking about asking other advice for his daughter problem, I can't really blame him there. It seems that being narrow-minded and unaware of his problems are parts of his problems.

Fed-Kun's army
If he gets out of this short of total destruction, it'll be a miracle. And then he needs to tell that crazy b!tch to stay the fvck away. This the wake up call he needs, even Hasselhoff couldn't save them all.

Fed-Kun's army
@Macarena I only have one minor point: In Japan, labour law protects the employee and makes it so that company cannot fire anyone without having to deal with a big mess. In fact, harassment until the employee quits is one strategy that "black" companies use. So unless law enforcement is involved, employer cannot just fire someone over an anonymous email.

Dex-chan lover
I suppose she now feels reasurred in her obsession with the guy -- since it's "not normal behaviour" to a Friend's Dad to want to help you this will only bolster her actions of seeking a deeper, and more disturbed romance with the guy.

Dex-chan lover
That was less of a disaster than I was expecting. Seems like he's going to avoid charges due to lack of evidence, and the mother is probably going to wind up doing something silly out of desperation.

@zek777 Did not know that!! Thanks for pointing that out. I guess the point still stands because they didn't go harassment mode on him to get him to leave. So, in a way, they're still trying to get him out of this in a nice way (I also believe it has to do with the company not wanting to escalate the situation, but if this goes criminal route, then are they in for a surprise lol)

Dex-chan lover
@Darudius cause that meant he went out of his way just to help her even though it's "not normal" to help her with just "the father of her friend" as that as their relationship, that he was genuine to her

@Homuranagi @Darudius at this point i can only think she felt funny how an oldman of her friend helping her is not normal, when a messed up mind parent like her mother can get scot free in the society as "normal"
we live in an age where toxic parents can get away as long as it is not seen by anyone

she will not find any happy end for her own life and commit suicide at the end while outsiders pretending to understand HER situations

Dex-chan lover
Huh, is it really not normal to help your child's friend? I guess the way he went about it wasn't exactly normal but the policewoman wasn't very specific either.

She's smiling, because she is thinking "He's just as abnormal, and fucked up as I am."

Users who are viewing this thread